This mornings news on ch 4 shows the Erie County Legislators lobbying for more money for Buffalo community centers. They want extra money to keep the centers open until 9pm to keep the kids off the streets so they will keep busy and hopefully there will be less juvenile delinquents.
Makes sense to me--it surely is a win-win for the city and all citizens. A center will also bring many needed jobs to our city and numerous services people have to seek elsewhere. Lackawanna statistically has been for decades on the record and known throughout WNY to be a blighted area so ......WHY DO WE LACK A COMMUNITY CENTER when they are all over Erie County?!

Our Seniors had a Community Center built by the politicians so they could congregate to socialize and eat, do crafts, where clubs meet and programs are held. It is a great place and human needs are being fulfilled by the government AS IT SHOULD BE. I love our Seniors and give them alot of credit for pushing themselves to keep busy and get out and about!

Other Citizens and most importantly OUR kids need a safe, inviting,motivational and educational facility for the very same reasons the politicians built the Lackawanna Senior Center years ago!

When I was a kid we lived in Angola for awhile--I could not wait for Friday night to go to the dances at the youth center and had to do good in school all week for the privilege to attend.
Boy are we missing the vote, I mean boat on this one! Friendship House is prime location for the entire City and able to be redone for a few million to be realistic. What is the price on a young mans life when he turns to selling drugs and gets into the bottomless court system when he gets a record. Just giving him the possibility of hope through other people might have saved him and his family from the system. He could be mentored from the older guys who have walked in his shoes while they all shot some pool in a safe public environment.
Not a total cure but a Community-Recreation Center will bridge the "lack" of human needs in a holistic manner that are not being serviced in our schools, the city itself, or sadly in homes.
Lackawanna, I, and many others have been asking city officials for many years for this center---WHY and WHO do you think are responsible for dropping the ball? I believe some shady deals have taken place and........

p.s.Did you see the paper this morn about the upcoming Senate race?-maybe team polanski and company are too busy with other things than to worry about what is lacking in Lackawanna, especially the First Ward!