Thread: Amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    That's not what people who support mass amnesty and basically open borders want. They want your feet to serve all the support cost they bring. Schooling, foodstamps, "affordable housing", heap/utility assistance and you name it.

That isn't the "American" way. When my grand parents came to the states they didn't have all the welfare programs they have now.
    I don't know anyone that supports mas Amnesty. I do know that for 30+ years, our country's immigration policies have been a complete and utter failure. Now one side wants to take a blanketed approach that would destroy families that have been here for decades and one side that wants to find a nuanced and humane solution.

Also, I can appreciate your grandparents and my great grandparents difficulties in starting a new life in this country, but to say that we can't make progress and make things better for people here in 2016 IMO is wrong. That doesn't mean we can't argue about the amount and the vehicle of that assistance though.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    When you hear a candidate stating we have to have millions of people come out of the shadows who are here illegally that is basically amnesty for very large group of people.

Even if the people who have been here illegally for decades were ignored what about the people who illegally entered the country in the last 6 years?

One thing we always have to consider - Politicians see these 11 Million shadow people as tax dollars !

The Government understands the costs we will incur - but they also see them as new sources of tax revenue. They see this as a chance to increase spendable income for their purposes(Government).

They aren't worried how much it will cost us "Taxpayers" - - we are on the hook no matter what. They understand we can only stand so much more. Meaning they believe we are at the edge of taxation revolt - yet they need more more !

All the BS about caring for the shadow people or helping immigrants is smoke . Its all about how many tax paying Americans can we create ! But their not understanding we are loosing manufacturing jobs - companies are leaving - what then ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thread Information