Thread: Give thanks

Give thanks

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"]Maybe for just a day or two, we can take a minute and be THANKFUL....[/SIZE][LIST]

For EACH OTHER,

For our DIFFERENCES of opinion that makes each of us necessary and unique,
    For those who have the "guts" to fight the good fight,
    For those who support and encourage others,
    For those who question "what is" and will not settle for less than the BEST,
    For daily opportunities to learn, grow and humble ourselves,
    For the gifts that each of us has been given,
    For the opportunity to have ANOTHER DAY to try again, to ask for forgiveness, to give and receive love and
    TO RECOGNIZE THE VALUE OF ALL FRIENDSHIPS ON OUR LIFE'S JOURNEY![/LIST][/COLOR
    ]
    Let EACH DAY be a day of THANKSGIVING!
    Last edited by literal; November 22nd, 2009 at 09:40 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thumbs up ready to deal with wintery weather

I want to give thanks today to all sanitary workers who picked up garbage and paper on Sunrise. THANK YOU GUYS for a quick, simple, and get to the point responces while working outside. Looks and sounds you're ready to deal with wintery weather with a smile, are well organized and disciplined. Great job!

I don't know your names, but I appreciate your help with carrying my filled paper container with a smile. You know who you are!

Best,

Thanks to our DPW

About time something nice being said about our services in our city.We have
    great garbage service and great plowing.And we dont have a seperate bill for that.Good job guys and great post Zanna.

WOW is this the only thing to brag about in our city is the great trash pick up. Something that has been done for the last 40 or so years. Come on people don't be stupid!!!!

the two things we have always have had is the trash pickup and the plowing

Thumbs up Location

I enjoy Lackawanna' location: easy to get in and easy to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
    I enjoy Lackawanna' location: easy to get in and easy to get out.
    I agree with you there but it is one of the most political and worst run city in NYS.

Post Facts!

Did you all know that before the 60's or so the trash collector jobs were filled pretty much with only African-American men. Ironically today the white boys will stab each other in the back to get one of those positions. I know someone from my neighborhood who has a job now that was supposed to go to someone else---he is one of the biggest poop boys and it is a sad sad thing to see. He compromised his integrity for money.
    I understand when you work you have to hold your tongue and fall in line to keep your job BUT you do not have to go out of your way and be a shoveler for their s---!

The political bosses in Lackawanna have always used fear of job loss and dangling a promotion over their head to get city employees to do their political bidding. Back in the early 90's I have old films of different drunken city employees screaming in our face in favor of the tire burning plant. Yuk!

Right vs. wrong won and it will always prevail over evil!

Garbage pickup in Lackawanna

I bet many of you remember when the Garbage men actually came right into your yard and carried your garbage cans out to the curb. Boy, were we spoiled!

Post Facts!

Yup!
    And when my Father used to watch one of them get dropped off the truck at May and Gene's (tavern where Wolf's is) and come back to get him later that afternoon.
    Yup! They worked a full day back then AND still went in every back yard to get the metal cans---dump them---and return them to our backyards.

All I have to say is garbage pickups and plowing are not the reason most people choose to live in a particular city.. I respect the workers that do these jobs and they do them better than most around us but what about other services? Youth center,ice rink, beautification,playgrounds in great shape???

Thumbs up

These can be great projects for the city leaders to lead and improve in 2010, so we can say thanks to the leaders. Any start-up plans?

Post Facts!

I am very thankful for this Internet forum. This tool gives me an outlet and allows me to publish the facts about Lackawanna City government. The men tried to bully me in order to try to stifle me from speaking the truth about their involvement in shady deals and downright corruption!
    Thank You " Speak Up Western New York "! I appreciate you AND all the readers/activists who "get it" and want it to stop!

Thread Information