Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who is missing from Town Hall?

Quote Originally Posted by CantKeepaSecret View Post
    Too bad for us if she wins. Her father will finally be in charge. I guess it's he who laughs last around here.
    You really think she will beat Wally?

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture View Post
    You really think she will beat Wally?
    If she runs and does not, then she is off the TB.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by CantKeepaSecret View Post
    Too bad for us if she wins. Her father will finally be in charge. I guess it's he who laughs last around here.
    The supervisor is not in charge of anything except the proposed budget and some minor other duties. The supervisor is merely a member of the TB for the most part.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1 View Post
    I'm more embarrassed in the fact that the two individuals were allowed to continue doing as they pleased for so long. That's what makes us look foolish.
    What's foolish is those in here ripping on the board members who saw to it that two town parasites were removed after prospering far too long right under the noses of the previous administration who were well aware of their misdeeds and looked the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1 View Post
    Last I checked, anyone can run for the Supervisor's seat
    If the County Legislature downsizes soon enough, maybe they'll eliminate Bove's seat. She surely would run for Supervisor....again. She seems to be the one person the perennial malcontents in here seem to rally around.

Tina for Supervisor in 2012 ?

Now that would be embarrasing !
    Last edited by Spirit of Ebenezer; April 13th, 2010 at 06:36 PM.
    A remark should only hurt within it's proportion of what is true.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    The supervisor is not in charge of anything except the proposed budget and some minor other duties. The supervisor is merely a member of the TB for the most part.
    Shouldn't they be equal pay?

Personally, I feel all the board members are overpaid. $22k for a part-time job, please

Yes, they should be. Prior to having a controller the supervisor did what the controller currently does. When the controller's position was created the supervisor's salary was not decreased.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    Yes Dan that is correct. What I'm refering to is that sometimes the person running the board, (Yes someone has a hand up their backs making their mouths move.) is not the one we are watching. There is a lack of brain power at the font of the room from where we sit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information