Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coyote

Coyote

A couple times in the last month I have seen a very large coyote (almost wolf like) at Mill rd. park. I drive by early in the morning. Just thought I would share and wondered if anyone has any other sightings. I'm wondering if they are migrating there because of the large Deer population in the Psych Center area. Here is a older interesting article about how coyotes in NY and Pennsylvania are mostly Coyote Wolf hybrids.
    https://newyorkoutdoors.wordpress.co...-wolf-hybrids/

Just noticed this article from last year about coyotes in Lancaster.
    http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...hoods-20150123

I see them at least once a month and hear them multiple times a week. In the summer it's more often because I'm out more often...

.22's work. I'd prefer a .223 or larger but shooting in town is already a risky proposition. unless you're cops throwing a hundred of rounds down east and west rd and hitting nothing but the innocent guy in the head.

In April of 2007 I started a thread about coyotes in west seneca.
    Not that answers your questions, but now you know they've been here a lot longer than you've been aware of it.

Here, they are a rampant as rabbits. Everywhere. It's open season year round to shoot them
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Wait until people see their first Russian Hog passing through !!!!!!!!!!

Part of the reason Coyote/Wolfs are being seen is a few years back they were reintroduced in NY state by our Government. It was part of a plan to balance deer and small animal populations.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thanks for all your information. Yesterday a friend of mine that lives in Lancaster said he has a dog food bowl in his attached garage and not to long ago he had the garage door open, he opened the house door to enter the garage and there was a big Coyote eating the food out of the bowl. He said the coyote ran out but it did give him a scare. He said he will never leave food out again. He is thankful he didn't have his beagle outside not knowing what would of happened.

We get coyotes behind my home on the Buffalo River, by the West Seneca border, they've been very shy, but every now & then I'll find a rabbit or woodchuck carcass, but when I first built here I saw these carcasses also, but it was a bobcat/Canadian lynx killing/eating them, the bobcat's long gone, the coyote(s) here to stay....
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We still have one coyote in the yard. They must walk along Cayuga Creek. Very shy during the day but at night one has walked within 30 feet of me along the line of trees.

I think one would be shy but if I saw a few in a group I don't think I'd venture too close.

We have a few here on Schwartz Road in Lancaster. Needless to say, our bunny population is pretty scarce.

Quote Originally Posted by DebLemaster View Post
    We have a few here on Schwartz Road in Lancaster. Needless to say, our bunny population is pretty scarce.
    Do you hear them howling at night?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Do you hear them howling at night?
    gorja, we do hear them sometimes at night, they definitely howl, & I know it's not true, but funny it happens more as the moon becomes fuller, & this is in Buffalo, by the West Seneca border...
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Saw it again early this morning by the shelter house on Mill. Its easier to see with snow on the ground.

Now is about the time you want to start to stay away from them. They're preparing dens. They have pups starting soon and get real protective of the general area.
    I've been "excorted" out of areas by yapping coyotes that have run parallel to me on my atv.

Watch yo' dawgs. Watch yo' cats.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2fish View Post
    A couple times in the last month I have seen a very large coyote (almost wolf like) at Mill rd. park. I drive by early in the morning. Just thought I would share and wondered if anyone has any other sightings. I'm wondering if they are migrating there because of the large Deer population in the Psych Center area. Here is a older interesting article about how coyotes in NY and Pennsylvania are mostly Coyote Wolf hybrids.
    https://newyorkoutdoors.wordpress.co...-wolf-hybrids/
    I would think coydogs are more prevalent... there is a documentary on netflix about this...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information