Thread: Did Lorigo give up his Legislative seat unwittingly?

Did Lorigo give up his Legislative seat unwittingly?

3.Motion by Supervisor Meegan, seconded by Councilman Hanley, that Tina Hawthorne and Joseph Lorigo be appointed Town Prosecutors at an annual salary of $7,500 each effective January 1, 2016 and authorize the Supervisor to complete and sign the necessary forms for Erie County Personnel.

Ayes: All Noes: None Motion Carried
    35. Motion by Supervisor Meegan, seconded by Councilman Hanley, that Joseph Lorigo be appointed Americans with Disabilities Officer and Harassment Compliance Officer for the Town of West Seneca with an annual stipend of $1,000.

Ayes: All Noes: None Motion Carried
    from: http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...posts-20160128

Erie County Majority Leader Joseph Lorigo said he gave up his recent appointments to serve as a West Seneca town prosecutor and Americans with Disabilities Act compliance officer last week after receiving two legal opinions stating that he could not work as both a legislator and as a town appointee.
    Is it too late for him to resign and keep being an Erie County Legislator?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't see why not. I have a feeling you don't care for him but in the end he really hasn't be a bad legislator. Far as I know he hasn't added anymore more burden to the current business/property owners as legislators have in the past. If he has let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post

from: http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...posts-20160128

Terry McCracken did it in Lancaster. Worked as county legislator while appointed as Lancaster parks crew chief

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I don't see why not. I have a feeling you don't care for him but in the end he really hasn't be a bad legislator. Far as I know he hasn't added anymore more burden to the current business/property owners as legislators have in the past. If he has let me know.
    I think he is a quid pro quo Majority leader. With the republican legislators wanting a Conservative endorsement from his dad's Erie county conservative party so the son gets voted as majority leader. Otherwise, why wouldn't republicans have a Republican as their leader

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Once again this commenter supports a politically-connected politician feathering his nest with more taxpayer' money due to the "political social club" in West Seneca.

Obviously I am joking, but WNYresident, seems inconsistent with pretty much everything you post on this site.

Could it be because you like the politics of Joe Lorigo that you now support this situation?????

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I think he is a quid pro quo Majority leader. With the republican legislators wanting a Conservative endorsement from his dad's Erie county conservative party so the son gets voted as majority leader. Otherwise, why wouldn't republicans have a Republican as their leader
    Ya sure got that correct!!

Thread Information