Thread: Crosby Company Begins Demolition

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Crosby Company Begins Demolition

Crosby Company Begins Demolition

On Tuesday morning, workers from Empire Dismantlement began to remove the roof of a building on the north end of the Crosby Company’s complex on Pratt Street, between William and Broadway.
    In November, the company applied for a demolition permit for five structures in the complex, “due to deterioration and collapse of structural walls and roofs.” Last Thursday, December 17 the Buffalo Preservation Board denied the company’s request for approval and agreed to seek landmark status for the complex. The application for landmark status will be reviewed at the Preservation Board’s January 7 meeting. Nonetheless, the company removed the roof of building #20 on December 22. A source in the city’s Department of Permits & Inspections could not locate a permit for that work and did not believe one had been issued.
    Read more before commenting

What could these buildings be used for that would make economic sense?

There is a rumor, unconfirmed, that the Crosby Company is now willing to consider purchase offers for the structures.

http://crosbycompany.com/

Tony Fracasso - Admin

What "use" do you propose Rez ?
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

This is "off" William, on Pratt St., fairly close to downtown, I thought maybe loft style apartments ? (they're going like "hotcakes" right in the downtown area & in the fringe ares...)
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

Attachment 4550 I just can't get my PC's "screenshot" to paste the map of this area on here.... ?? (you have to click on the attachment ? I must be doing something wrong, this Windows "10" sux !!)

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post
    What "use" do you propose Rez ?
    I don't really know. How sound are the buildings and how much would it cost to bring them up to code for use?

It's easy for people to say "save every old building" but then you have to consider cost and that NYS/our area are still losing population. Replacing net tax payers fleeing NYS with refugees that require some form of welfare is not positive growth.

I think old buildings are cool but what possible chemical waste could there be? Asbestos removal etc.

Building restoration doesn't come cheap.

Can you setup some type of retail there? If not mix used?

I read that the Crosby Company did some bicycle manufacturing when it first opened.

I went back to the 1890s and found these...

Vintage Buffalo Bicycle Ads 1890s

Vintage Buffalo Bicycle Ads 1890s

I have a few other directories. I want to see if I can find some reference to these buildings.

Thread Information