Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump nails it.

Right now the NRA is preparing an email blast to their massive database of gun owners that Obama is plotting to create a database of gun owners.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Many of those households have more than 1 gun
    Read what you just said.

About 99% of households have cars. Just under 50% of households have guns. Cars are operated far more hours than guns are. They both kill about the same number each year.

To anyone who can rationally read stats, that demonstrates guns are far more dangerous than cars are.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    It seems to me Muslims would be more "harassed" if they joined the Tea Party and were on the IRS hit list than to be on any list under the Obama Administration!!
    Actually, they'd be more likely to be harassed if they joined a liberal organization... The whole IRS tax targetting thing hit liberal groups far harder than conservative groups.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    Read what you just said.

About 99% of households have cars. Just under 50% of households have guns. Cars are operated far more hours than guns are. They both kill about the same number each year.

To anyone who can rationally read stats, that demonstrates guns are far more dangerous than cars are.
    THAT was my point, that guns are more dangerous... Good grief
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

THAT was my point, that guns are more dangerous... Good grief
    Ever consider MORAL DECAY in this country..liberal laws with revolving court justice, lack of death penalty to contribute to what is happening in this country with its' inhabitants.? Single parent households that rear children into adults with no respect for one another...just street justice learned watching videos and movies of those actions being glorified.
    This country has lost focus of a civilized population that was ...to say the least much better than what we have now!

Funny you mention morality then support killing people with the death penalty
    HipKat's Blog

Cool

I wonder if a welfare system that tells 16 year olds, Don't like school, don't like to listen to your parents - get pregnant and we/tax payers will support you.

Or wonder why a 16 year old boy tells his pregnant girl friend to get on welfare - he then can skip from girl to girl ! Ya - lets blame moral decay and parents when the system bread/supported the lack of morals and responsibility.

But then again the racists can say, "You know how they are - no matter what you give them they screw it up" (No I am not a rascist, just pointing out the excuses people use)

This has been their way of life for over thirty years - who created all these tax funded instant failure programs ? Our government did to keep the divide between the haves and have nots. Why bother to educate when you can placate and gain votes for welfare dollars ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Well that's a trend that has done near run it's course, baby!
    "don't Nobody want no Obama Phone; we don't want no welfare check - WE WANT A PAYCHECK!"
    http://youtu.be/3w-Cax2sqWQ

But now the Breezy's will scramble to find past Presidents(Republicans) that they can blame that on.

Instead of admitting these programs - while may have had "Good Intent and relative to when they were created" - they cant admit their people have any responsibility in the continuation !

Thats part of the problem !

The true question is "Who has the guts to actually correct it" ?

Surely not those who depend on their votes
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Funny you mention morality then support killing people with the death penalty
    Convicted murderers living on the taxpayers dime?? 3 hot meals,work out room to sustain their health, color tv..the right to breath the air that they deprived their victims of ...all paid by our tax dollars to support their existence... that could be used to educate, feed and clothe those who need a helping hand to lift their existence to be a productive individual. Yes I support the death penalty ..more so as a DETERRENT !

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    Convicted murderers living on the taxpayers dime?? 3 hot meals,work out room to sustain their health, color tv..the right to breath the air that they deprived their victims of ...all paid by our tax dollars to support their existence... that could be used to educate, feed and clothe those who need a helping hand to lift their existence to be a productive individual. Yes I support the death penalty ..more so as a DETERRENT !
    Statistics show it's not a deterrent in states that have the Death Penalty

A recent survey of the most leading criminologists in the country from found that the overwhelming majority did not believe that the death penalty is a proven deterrent to homicide. Eighty-eight percent of the country’s top criminologists do not believe the death penalty acts as a deterrent to homicide, according to a new study published in the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology and authored by Professor Michael Radelet, Chair of the Department of Sociology at the University of Colorado-Boulder, and Traci Lacock, also at Boulder.

Similarly, 87% of the expert criminologists believe that abolition of the death penalty would not have any significant effect on murder rates. In addition, 75% of the respondents agree that “debates about the death penalty distract Congress and state legislatures from focusing on real solutions to crime problems.”

The survey relied on questionnaires completed by the most pre-eminent criminologists in the country, including Fellows in the American Society of Criminology; winners of the American Society of Criminology’s prestigious Southerland Award; and recent presidents of the American Society of Criminology. Respondents were not asked for their personal opinion about the death penalty, but instead to answer on the basis of their understandings of the empirical research.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/fact...-death-penalty
    HipKat's Blog

A recent survey of the most leading criminologists in the country from found that the overwhelming majority did not believe that the death penalty is a proven deterrent to homicide. Eighty-eight percent of the country’s top criminologists do not believe the death penalty acts as a deterrent to homicide, according to a new study published in the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology and authored by Professor Michael Radelet, Chair of the Department of Sociology at the University of Colorado-Boulder, and Traci Lacock, also at Boulder.

Similarly, 87% of the expert criminologists believe that abolition of the death penalty would not have any significant effect on murder rates. In addition, 75% of the respondents agree that “debates about the death penalty distract Congress and state legislatures from focusing on real solutions to crime problems.”

The survey relied on questionnaires completed by the most pre-eminent criminologists in the country, including Fellows in the American Society of Criminology; winners of the American Society of Criminology’s prestigious Southerland Award; and recent presidents of the American Society of Criminology. Respondents were not asked for their personal opinion about the death penalty, but instead to answer on the basis of their understandings of the empirical research.

AND...what about the costs !! to feed , litigate...sometimes over 20 years before there is some type of finality to death row case...how do you justify that to the over taxed LAW ABIDING citizens...and ESPECIALLY to the families of their VICTIMS!

Freakeconomics is a rather good read, and as such .......................

Human reproduction should be tested privilege and not a right. Although I believe in capital punishment, it's just so much easier control the abysmal parental influence on future miscreants by just avoiding pregnancy in the first place.

I think there is a pretty wide gap between getting sentenced to death and being executed. I don't have exact numbers but it looks like there were just 28 executions in 2015 while there were 3300 on death row. That's .008%. So I would agree that getting sentenced to death is not really a deterrent as the odds of you finding yourself in the chair are slim to none.

Personally, I think we need massive reform in the penal system in the US. The 2 leading things I would like to see are:

1 - Clearing the prisons of non-violent offenders.

2 - Making those who are violent offenders do 'hard time' rather than what they get right now.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    I think there is a pretty wide gap between getting sentenced to death and being executed. I don't have exact numbers but it looks like there were just 28 executions in 2015 while there were 3300 on death row. That's .008%. So I would agree that getting sentenced to death is not really a deterrent as the odds of you finding yourself in the chair are slim to none.

Personally, I think we need massive reform in the penal system in the US. The 2 leading things I would like to see are:

1 - Clearing the prisons of non-violent offenders.

2 - Making those who are violent offenders do 'hard time' rather than what they get right now.
    If we could make an arrangement to ship these inmates to the Russian prisons in Siberia, It would save money and accomplish number 2 quite nicely.

I saw a documentary on the Black Dolphin prison in Russia, it make our supermax prisons look like a Sunday school picnic in June.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information