Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump nails it.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    More people are killed by cars than guns. Lets ban cars, dammit!
    Incorrect. The deaths are about on par these days, right around 35,000 per year.

However, there are far more cars in operation each day than guns. There are an average of two cars per household in the US, with most owning at least 1. Only about 50% of households in the US have a gun.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    If your analogy were accurate, New York should have banned everyone from Connecticut.

Also, how do you define "securing our own house?" Depending on one's perspective, it's an unreachable, untenable goal. Which means tRump's ban on other human beings would be effectively permanent, not temporary as he is now trying to claim.
    I think states and countries are different.

Securing our house means not having immigrants come in which most of them will end up on welfare, while over 50 million of our own citizens are are food assistance etc. etc. etc.

We are under no constitutional obligation to take in immigrants nor to use constitutional ideology in vetting them. They are not citizens. Again, the US does not need anymore immigrants at this juncture.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Securing our house means not having immigrants come in which most of them will end up on welfare, while over 50 million of our own citizens are are food assistance etc. etc. etc.
    Germany will spend around $6.6 billion to cope with some 800,000 migrants and refugees expected to have crossed into the country by the end of 2015, the government said early Monday.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/eur...comers-n422811

immigrants, migrants, and refugees are all different groups though. It's another problem I have with Trump... you never know who or what he's talking about. It's just "they".

Now we can't say "they"?!

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    Now we can't say "they"?!
    Well you wouldn't get very far in life not saying "they", but it would be helpful if he explained who he meant by "they" instead of purposefully saying "they" all the time without explaining who "they" are.

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    Incorrect. The deaths are about on par these days, right around 35,000 per year.

However, there are far more cars in operation each day than guns. There are an average of two cars per household in the US, with most owning at least 1. Only about 50% of households in the US have a gun.
    Many of those households have more than 1 gun
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    I'm just asking, because it seems you don't like it when we say "these" people. So, just to be clear, we can say "they" but not "these"?

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Then 'securing our house' also requires Republicans in Congress to stop obstructing every single program, policy or law that will help people escape poverty, thus necessitating wide-spread use of welfare & food stamps.

We are under no constitutional obligation to take in immigrants nor to use constitutional ideology in vetting them. They are not citizens. Again, the US does not need anymore immigrants at this juncture.
    No one is claiming we are Constitutionally required or obligated to accept refugees. It's called not being a 'richard.'
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post

Let's not forget that as dangerous as cars can be, they are constantly being upgraded to make them safer. The same cannot be said for guns.

Cars are also heavily regulated by the government. They require liability insurance, registration with the state, mandatory training, testing and licensing, etc. The same cannot be said for guns.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    I'm just asking, because it seems you don't like it when we say "these" people. So, just to be clear, we can say "they" but not "these"?
    I put "these people" in quotes because I was directly quoting cheekman in my post:

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman
    the donald nailed it keep these people out of the country!
    Most Republicans Have Negative Views Of Muslims.
    Donald Trump on Monday called for a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States”
    added bold this time.

I thought we were talking about Trump.

I want surveillance of these people that are coming in, the Trojan horse, I want to know who the hell they are
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...coming-n467631

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why are people worried about names in a database when groups like the IRS already had a database of basically everyone anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Why are people worried about names in a database when groups like the IRS already had a database of basically everyone anyways?
    Oh that makes sense... Because being on an IRS list for income tax purposes is exactly the same thing as being on a govt watch-list as a potential terrorist due to your family's religion.

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    Oh that makes sense... Because being on an IRS list for income tax purposes is exactly the same thing as being on a govt watch-list as a potential terrorist due to your family's religion.
    It seems to me Muslims would be more "harassed" if they joined the Tea Party and were on the IRS hit list than to be on any list under the Obama Administration!!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information