Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Bill's need New Stadium ASAP

Buffalo Bill's need New Stadium ASAP

If their's any hope of keeping the Bill's in Buffalo
    they better start working or planning on to build a new stadium ASAP
    Their are so many new state of the art of stadiums with retractable roofs that have recently been built such as the ones in Detriot, Seattle, & Phoenix etc. Now their's another dozen or so Palace's s being built that will be ready
    for the 2008 to 2010 seasons such as Jerry Jones new Dallas Cowboys stadium being built in Arlington TX, Also new NFL Palces are being built
    in Indianapolis, Minnespolis, New Orleans, Kansas City, and for NY Jets/Giants & more etc.. Even Los Angeles & Las Vegas which don't have an NFL Team yet are building new stadiums in hopes of geting a new Team or have a team
    relocate there, their using their New Palces as leverage & marketing tools,

we have enough trouble with out spending money on a private companies building. if they want a stadium let the bills build it. we have enough poor that we pay for we have to stop paying millionaires way. and dont give me that spin off crap look at the stadium area we have parking lots and nothing else. Its time we started to make people pay their own way, airline wants some place to fly let them build the airport. trains buses hockey teams baseballs teams orchestras bands art galleries if you want them you pay for it
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Quote Originally Posted by PalmTree
    ... Their are so many new state of the art of stadiums with retractable roofs that have recently been built such as the ones in Detriot ...
    When did Ford Field in Detroit get a retractable roof?

They have skylights to use natural light and cut down on electricity... but please explain how the permanant roof retracts.

Quote Originally Posted by granpabob
    we have enough trouble with out spending money on a private companies building. if they want a stadium let the bills build it. we have enough poor that we pay for we have to stop paying millionaires way. and dont give me that spin off crap look at the stadium area we have parking lots and nothing else. Its time we started to make people pay their own way, airline wants some place to fly let them build the airport. trains buses hockey teams baseballs teams orchestras bands art galleries if you want them you pay for it
    I'm with you there, Bob, at least on general principles. There are legitimate uses for our tax dollars, and building edifices for private enterprises aren't among them. If the local economy and Ralph Wilson's pocket book can't support the Bills, they SHOULD go where people can afford them and want to pay the price for keeping them. Baseball, football, hockey--all professional sports, in fact, are both private businesses and luxury items. The government should not be in the business of keeping us all entertained. Washington and Albany do more than enough along those lines, without adding tax-dollar-subsidized arenas and stadia.

The majority of the new stadiums or NFL Palaces have or will
    have retrable roofs, Dallas Cowboys new stadium in Arlington will have open endzones and a retrable roof so their all a little different.

l

I think the Bills have already made up their mind and will be leaving Buffalo soon enough. Hope the door hits them in the ass on their way out. No more money for any sporting franchise. Enough is enough. Still waiting for my Bills' ticket for my taxes that went into Ralph's pockets. I guess I'll be waiting for George Steinbrenner's tickets for a long time too.

Hate to disagree...

As much as I hate paying my taxes and don't want a new stadium for the Bills, if it becomes necessary then hope for the best deal possible.
    This community has been trying to stop its downward spiral for years and its sports teams and snowfalls seem to be the only national sense of identity and only sense of a community.
    My foolish optimism is backing the concept that Jim Kelly will step to the forefront and keep the Bills in Buffalo. He recently stated in an interveiw that he next desire in football is to be an owner. Help us Jim...buy it before Ralph passes it on to the girl!!!

they want a new stadium then let them pay for it
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

we have to stop giving buildings to billionaires so millionaires can play games they want to play sports let them pay for it.
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

take a stand....

Quote Originally Posted by granpabob
    we have to stop giving buildings to billionaires so millionaires can play games they want to play sports let them pay for it.
    if it is just a game..(simpleton thinking)..then take a stand against it. Stop supporting it. Simpleton thinking would take this as just don't go to any games. Reality is that this is a billion dollar industry...yes, industry. You want the big bucks to stop in sports....stop buying automobiles, stop drinking beer, basically stop supporting the massive advertising dollars that fund the outrageous salaries.
    Again, reality, this simple game is something everyone wants. So, as always, people want the service and product but do not want to invest in it. They require the tangible mentality...give me something in my hand so I can directly equate my dollar value...don't make me think or look past my own nose.
    When you think in a business sense, Buffalo gets a city advertising tag pretty cheap. If it is such a burden, why does every city want a team? Would you know where Foxboro was if it hadn't been for the Patriots?

To all of you who are taking a stand, in principle, saying that "Tax dollars should not be spent on sports teams", you do realize that, what you are saying is that you're OK with seeing the Bills leave? Tax subsidies are the way of the world now in professional sports.

If you can accept that, then fine. But don't cry foul when they leave.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Do'nt let the door hit them on the ass.

Could someone who knows how to start a poll, please start a poll as follows:

Would you prefer:

1) The Bills get County/State subsidies and stay

or

2) The Bills leave

As previously stated, I'm not smart enough to figure out how to start a damn poll.

Thanks.....

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Seeing Stevenco likes to play with poles...

He should start one up

Constant whiners....

Sports fans who like to whine always will have ammo. Satisfy my tears by not using my tax dollars to keep a billion dollar industry in my hometown. But of course, if you use all your money on a new stadium showing loyalty and dedication to my city but can't keep competitive salaries then you will lose and I will cry again. Or you may try and raise ticket prices to compensate for the new stadium in which I will whine terribly.
    Didn't you realize when you became a millionaire it is proper ediquette to throw all the intelligent business thinking that made you right out the window and just give it away...primarily to satisfy me. After all, it was my $100 portion of my taxes that made you who you are and gives me the right to tell you what to do.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information