Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: City Council Meeting

City Council Meeting

City Council Meeting Agenda

CITIZENS WISHING TO PLACE AN ITEM ON THE CITY COUNCIL'S AGENDA SHALL SUBMIT THEIR CONCERNS/COMPLAINTS IN LETTER FORM, SIGNED AND FORWARDED TO THE CITY CLERK'S OFFICE VIA CERTIFIED LETTER OR IN PERON BEFORE 12:00 NOON THE WEDNESDAY PRIOR TO THE COUNCIL MEETING. AFTER REVIEW BY THE CITY COUNCIL, AND DEEMED APPROPRIATE, IT WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE COUNCIL AGENDA.

AGENDA

COUNCIL MEETING

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2009

www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us

Meeting called to order/Pledge of Allegiance

NB: Meeting being recorded.

ROLL CALL: Haxton, Szymanski, Kulczyk, Schiavi, Jaworski

Dept Heads: Law, Public Works, Public Safety, Rec. Dev, Comptroller

Department Reports:

• City Comp. A/P Check listing #13, October 30, 2009.

• City Comp. A/P Check listing #14, November 10, 2009.

Communication from the Council:

• Council Member Haxton requests an Executive Session to discuss 5-46 of the City Code.

Communications from Department Heads/Division Heads:

• Director of Public Safety, Richard Startek to advertise for bids for Installation of motion detectors on traffic signals at Melroy, Rosary and Orchard St .

• Director of Public Safety to accept the bid for motion detectors on Ridge Rd. , from Northeast Signal, Inc.

• Request from the Law Dept. for an Executive Session to discuss Wood vs. City of Lackawanna.

Resolutions:

settlement of lawsuit

Tabled items:

Hearings from Citizens:

Adjournment

PERSONS SPEAKING BEFORE THE COUNCIL SHALL GIVE THEIR NAME & ADDRESS AND LIMIT REMARKS TO 5 MINUTES TO THE SUBJECT MATTER ON THE COUNCIL AGENDA AND DIRECT THEIR QUESTION TO THE PRESIDING OFFICER. TO PLACE ON ITEM ON THE AGENDA, PERSONS SHALL SUBMIT THEIR CORRESPONDENCE IN LETTER FORM, SIGNED AND FORWARDED TO THE CITY CLERK, VIA CERTIFIED MAIL, OR IN PERSON BEFORE 12:00 NOON ON THE WEDNESDAY BEFORE THE COUNCIL MEETING. COUNCIL HAS FINAL APPROVAL. PLEASE TURN OFF ALL CELLPHONES AND GENTLEMEN REMOVE HATS.
    Last edited by cath829; November 22nd, 2009 at 01:02 PM.

WOW. Nothing on the agenda from the boys. Surprise surprise I think not. I can think of many things they could put on the agenda. Trees in citizens yards that were promised to be cut down 3 years ago after the oct storm and what about the mckinley bridge. That is a disgrace, can't Mr. Jaworski see the holes in the bridge when he looks out his front window. When will they d0 something about it. Probably when someone dies and they get sued.

Thumbs up Council meeting changes

With many changes in surrounding cities and towns, theat do you think about recent proposals? Read the following: http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregio...ry/912625.html

I liked the ideas he proposes but it will be hard to implement unless more people get involved. We can certainly use more ideas to promote better government.

Thumbs up Involvement

More people get involved with what?

Going to meetings and political process because the incumbents are not for change they like status quo.

Well, I say last night's meeting was a DISGRACE to the people in this community.

SHAME on anyone who behaved poorly and anyone who incited their poor behavior that put many innocent people in harms way. How can such behavior be tolerated at a public meeting? I do not care what Jaworski did or said... the real issue is why was people's behavior soooooo bad that the police had to be called? Does Lackawanna need this kind of publicity? The people who acted out of control and THOSE who INCITED them are PATHETIC!!!!!!! The word out there today is NOT one of support but anger that crazy people attend meetings and cannot control themselves.

Reading this in today's paper was SAD.

And Andrea... I'd like to hear your excuse for not standing for the pledge of allegiance. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!! You need to grow up and MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by literal; January 20th, 2010 at 02:37 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Angry Are you kidding me!!!!

Get out of here literal.....
    1) The disgrace is the NAZI or Commie in charge of the Council. Using dogs is a gestapo tatic.....

2) The bill of rights states number 1: FREEDOM OF SPEECH.CITIZENS HAVE THE RIGHT TO PETITION THEIR GOVERNMENT. PLEASE READ IT TONIGHT BEFORE DINNER.

3) How come you never complained about the conduct of YOUR friends toward Andrea or better yet at NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER's school board meeting. I wonder? Are you blind or only telling half truths?

4) As a lifelong democrat I recently changed parties because of the constant lies and ARROGANCE OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY in this CITY. The real problem are the arrogant jackasses running the show not the people asking questions and holding OUR elected officials accountable. In case you forgot it's OUR city OUR meeting and OUR government not just a few members of the club or chosen few not answering citizens questions , not doing their jobs or refusing to put anything on the agenda because they do not like being accountable.

5)This city is a joke because the CHOSEN FEW WHO RUN IT MAKE IT THAT WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not it's people!!! This is not the SOVIET EMPIRE or NAZI GERMANY it is THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA where the people are supoosed to have their say without the GESTAPO or KGB waiting in the wings with dogs or harassment.

PS THE ONLY CRAZY PERSON I SAW LAST NIGHT WAS THE ARROGANT POWER CRAZY COUNCIL PRESIDENT.
    Last edited by mnb811; January 20th, 2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: add

PS THE ONLY CRAZY PERSON I SAW LAST NIGHT WAS THE ARROGANT POWER CRAZY COUNCIL PRESIDENT.[/QUOTE]

Well, Jaworski will have to speak for himself. If the voters do not like him or his style he will NOT get elected again to any posiiton. Right??? That IS THE PROCESS. Until then, I say show respect and you will be given the same!

Many local town governments have changed the public speaking procedure to be held at the end of the meeting (town and schools boards). Yes, they probably do it for the wrong reasons.So...that gives me the right to act like a lunatic? Has anyone ever won their case/position with that kind of negative behavior? I do not think so! I was watching Amherst the other night and I did not see the DRAMA we had Tuesday night. Why do you suppose that is?

Sane people behave better. That have the same disappointments, anger etc. BUT they conduct themselves with some appropriate social behaviors. Go crazy in the privacy of your own home...do NOT do it in public jeopardizing the safety of others.

Yes, our constitution allows us certain freedoms but common sense dictates how they should be exercised.

Quite frankly maybe the dogs should be at all meetings since some people need them there to control their poor behavior.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    Well, I say last night's meeting was a DISGRACE to the people in this community.

SHAME on anyone who behaved poorly and anyone who incited their poor behavior that put many innocent people in harms way. How can such behavior be tolerated at a public meeting? I do not care what Jaworski did or said... the real issue is why was people's behavior soooooo bad that the police had to be called? Does Lackawanna need this kind of publicity? The people who acted out of control and THOSE who INCITED them are PATHETIC!!!!!!! The word out there today is NOT one of support but anger that crazy people attend meetings and cannot control themselves.

Reading this in today's paper was SAD.

And Andrea... I'd like to hear your excuse for not standing for the pledge of allegiance. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!! You need to grow up and MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you saying the people should NOT say what they believe in? It is easy for you to type it here, what would you have done sitting in the Council Chambers last night? Chuck called the police because HE didn't like what Shannon was saying....read the article again.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    Are you saying the people should NOT say what they believe in? It is easy for you to type it here, what would you have done sitting in the Council Chambers last night? Chuck called the police because HE didn't like what Shannon was saying....read the article again.
    Watch out Cath829!!!! She will spin it just like the city will.

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    PS THE ONLY CRAZY PERSON I SAW LAST NIGHT WAS THE ARROGANT POWER CRAZY COUNCIL PRESIDENT.
    Literals quote :Well, Jaworski will have to speak for himself. If the voters do not like him or his style he will NOT get elected again to any posiiton. Right??? That IS THE PROCESS. Until then, I say show respect and you will be given the same!

He does not give respect. example: He swears at people during meetings at times. Berates people who say things he doesn't like.

Or votes bought by the democrats right???

Fact is your cousin NEVER respects you if you disagree with him. It's his way or the highway.... Saw him berating an old lady that questioned him at K mart once. All red in the face and spewing crap. The old lady shook her head and walked away.... real nice guy that Jaworski REAL NICE!!! Can we recall this guy he's a disgrace.
    Last edited by mnb811; January 20th, 2010 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    I never said that. I am talking about behavior. What people DO...not what they SAY. NO ONE has a right because of freedom of expression to put another person's well being at risk. Chuck was correct in calling the police if the tone or behavior of others amde him feel there was reason to seek assistance. No one should yell etc. get out of control and allow others to get out of control. If he did not make that call and someone got hit, fell down, pushed...there would be a law suit and he would be blamed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[QUOTE=mnb811;596945

Fact is your cousin NEVER respects you if you disagree with him. It's his way or the highway.... Saw him berating an old lady that questioned him at K mart once. All red in the face and spewing crap. The old lady shook her head and walked away.... real nice guy that Jaworski REAL NICE!!! Can we recall this guy he's a disgrace.[/QUOTE]

This comment made me laugh out loud. Yes, he yells at me too. The real trick is to understand how people are and to accept them the way they are. That is what we teach in school for character education: TOLERANCE. Of course, avoidance works too. What did our mothers teach us??? walk away, turn the other cheek, fight back respectfully...whatever works for you, DO IT!

Chuck is NOT alone in not respecting a person if you disagree with him. Heck...just read these posts...some of the responses are far worse than what Chuck is accused of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Out of control??? Guess you weren't at the meeting...... Listening to your city friends again lol..... We should change our name from Lackawanna to SPIN CITY. LMAO Ever hear of civil disobedience??? MLK??? LOL Apparently you haven't! This city is a joke!!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information