Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: City Council Meeting

I went to the meeting last night, stood in the back,but still laughed.
    I really Can't get over the thought NO one on the conical knew anything.
    DON'T THEY GET PAID TO HAVE SOME IDEIA OF WHAT IS GOING ON IN OUR CITY? But after talking to them I can see they don't.

I like the laws to be read to saywhat ever is necessary at the time. If it is missing a word or one or two to many! Oh well! That is not what it says...

I thought that if you bought a building to put in a store ( corner of martin and south park,the apartment building on ridge ) you can not touch the inside till you went to the planning & zoning board to talk about parking and traffic flow. But they are not in the 1st or not a political move to pay for something. And I'm not talking Mayor he will never get that high. Remember someone got $880,000.00 tax brakes for something not open.

Post Facts!

Ditto!
    I am so happy that you saw in-person the 1950 style of running the City of Lackawanna Government. The Mayor and City Council pass the buck to each other regarding who is responsible for certain decisions in OUR City. It cracks me up, because they are each responsible and BOTH Accountable to the Citizens of Lackawanna regarding ALL their decisions!
    This is a no-brain-er, and obviously as they were advised by an astute Citizen--they should read their own laws.

I earned their hatred the 4 years I was in office by calling them out on their shady twists and turns of OUR own City of Lackawanna Charter and Codes!---ex. When they mayor was put on TV offering the corrupt election deception deal to an ex-City Worker, I wrote a letter, at Citizen requests, requesting my fellow Council hold an investigation using our legislative powers under Section 5-46 of our City Charter. What do you think happened?---You are right!---The boys bullied me down and the corruption faded away.

They even hid the Code book from me my last 4 months in office and charlie barred me from getting me my own copy, even though charlie has his own copy-from when he was a Councilman!

Who is Charlie?

Also, according to the article in today's paper, the people are clamoring for the Mayor to attend the Council meeting to explain himself regarding the slaughterhouse.

I remember reading Norm criticizing Kuryak for missing too many meetings when he was Mayor. Why doesn't he attend now? "Do as I say, not as I do?"

Also, “This branch of government is getting hammered by actions that have been taken by another branch, by the mayor,” 2nd Ward Councilman Geoffrey Szymanski said at Monday’s regular Council meeting.

How about this. YOU ARE PAID TO REPRESENT US!! INSTEAD OF PASSING THE BUCK, HOW ABOUT FINDING OUT THE ANSWERS AND REPORTING BACK TO US- OR ARE YOU AFRAID OF RETRIBUTION AT YOUR OTHER JOB? IF THAT IS KEEPING YOU FROM DOING YOUR JOB AS COUNCILMAN, YOU SHOULD RESIGN FROM ONE OF THE POSITIONS AND LET SOMEONE ELSE PROPERLY SERVE THE CITIZENS.

The funny thing is that Szymanski and Jaworski both have higher aspirations. Good luck with that attitude toward the people you work for.

What I find funny LAsurvivor is that Geoff Szymanski actually said the SAME EXACT thing about polanski last night....that he works for US. We, the citizens, the taxpayers who pay his wage, are his BOSS. How about this polanski.....YOUR BOSS (all of us) WANT YOU AT THE NEXT COUNCIL MEETING to answer the questions, we, as your BOSS have for you pertaining to the way you run OUR city.

Guarantee he hides, typical. If you can't stand the heat......GET OUT!

To my friend who I recently spoke with......hope this makes your day!!

Agreed Cath - on all counts - esp cuz we know he will hide like he always does.

But, if the Council withheld their unanimous support for the ridiculous initiatives put forth by the Mayor until he showed up, he may be forced to.

By the way, wasn't the charter changed making the Mayor the Director of Admin & Finance? Doesn't that make him required to attend as a department head?

Ahhhhhhh, I see what you are getting at with the Director of Administration & Finance. But we all know how "interpretation" works over there. I agree with you on this LAsurvivor......110%!!

Hmmmm, maybe this should be an agenda item so the citizens can discuss for 3 minutes!!! LOL!

That explains the 2 paychecks on the seethrough wny site for the mayor. How many other shyster proposals or interpretations can these fools have?

Quote Originally Posted by la14218 View Post
    I went to the meeting last night, stood in the back,but still laughed.
    I really Can't get over the thought NO one on the conical knew anything.
    DON'T THEY GET PAID TO HAVE SOME IDEIA OF WHAT IS GOING ON IN OUR CITY? But after talking to them I can see they don't.

I like the laws to be read to saywhat ever is necessary at the time. If it is missing a word or one or two to many! Oh well! That is not what it says...

I thought that if you bought a building to put in a store ( corner of martin and south park,the apartment building on ridge ) you can not touch the inside till you went to the planning & zoning board to talk about parking and traffic flow. But they are not in the 1st or not a political move to pay for something. And I'm not talking Mayor he will never get that high. Remember someone got $880,000.00 tax brakes for something not open.
    Nice to see some people are finally getting it. Remember their interpretation is always right and the citizens are always wrong. I am starting to see why Petricca is the lawyer for the city and now the LMHA when you hire a guy who has voodoo or invisible interpretations of the law you will get total control of everything you want. No wonder why people hate lawyers so much it's guys like Petricca that give other lawyers a bad name.

Post Facts!

Catherine when you get a chance can you please post Section 5-46 again?- You are much better at the computer than I am.

Bloggers, I am very impressed with your keen insight and relentless spirit in pursuit of the exposure and eradication of the multitude of corruption, nepotism, and incompetency in the orange castle/crate on the hill! People accused me of not working with the boys and not able to accomplish anything-----WELL, how ironic the twisted road turned and opened the eyes of many Citizens AND students in Lackawanna! I tried every angle I could in my 4 years to work with the men but they took a turn as I started to call them out on their shady deals and corruption. Actually, when Mr. Spadone left as Council President and charlie took over office business, my mail, and I was left out of pretty much all City business. I was never treated so nasty in my life and, well....... I think many of you know the persecution and torture they put me through in order to try to get me out of Lackawanna City Hall.

Thank you Pastor and students for making charlie apologize to me for calling me a jack-ass at the Lackawanna City Council meeting on January 19, 2010.

FYI- charlie is really chuck jaworski, he must have changed his nick-name somewhere along the line--but he was always called charlie when he was young. People talk, and isn't it funny how things come to you when you least expect it.

Red face Sorry

Catherine, I forgot to say thanks, sorry. Andrea

Here you go Andrea. I also posted the section that Mr. Petricca always refers back to for allowing dual appointments to boards.

§ 5-46. Holding more than one appointive position.

No person shall be appointed to more than one appointive position within the City or its duly constituted boards, commissions, committees, or authorities, provided, however, that any department head may be simultaneously appointed to serve as the head of any division or office within his or her department, and provided furthermore that a department head shall automatically assume the duties of the head of any division or office within his or her department in the event of a vacancy caused by death, resignation, removal, or leave of absence of the head of any said division or office and to assume said duties during the period of said vacancy. Except as hereby permitted, any other person holding a dual appointment must resign within 10 days from one or the other of his or her appointments.

§ 5-45. Appointing or assigning additional personnel.

Each department and division head shall be obliged to appoint or assign only one person to each position for which there is a budget appropriation, and if there be no budget appropriation, then there shall be no appointment or assignment, unless it be to a board or commission which is unsalaried and requires no appropriation of monies.

Post Facts!

Thanks, Catherine, but I figured it out and had the wrong section number anyway---it is 5-48, not 5-46. 5-46 is the other point of contention regarding holding more than one appointed position on a board.

The City Council has ULTIMATE control and responsibility to The People, and for ALL city business questioned of them " BY THE PEOPLE ". I have heard charlie repeatedly state that " I can't do anything about it "---" we didn't know anything about it ". I do not believe any of it because when I found out on the Saturday of Labor Day w/e 09' and went to city hall to question the gang on Sept. 8, one of the Secretary ladies told me, " we thought it was going to be like that chicken place down on South Park ". Trust me, if she and the other office workers knew, charlie and the gang knew because he makes everyone's business HIS business! I have heard him numerous times gossiping and gossiping and gossiping! Ha.

§ 5-48. Violations and penalties.

A. Investigations, hearings, etc. The Council, pursuant to its legislative powers, either itself or by any officer or person designated by it, may investigate, inquire and examine the Mayor, the department heads, or employees of any division, bureau or office of the City relative to any provision of this chapter, and may conduct and direct hearings according to law and subpoena officials and employees of the City to attend and be examined at said hearings.
    B. Suspension, etc. Any person found by a majority of the Council to be in violation of any section of this chapter, following a hearing duly called, shall be suspended or disciplined in accordance with the Civil Service Law.

I am not a lawyer of course but I can read English, and it says the Council has the legislative power to investigate--inquire--and EXAMINE whatever the People request because they took an oath to uphold the Lackawanna City Laws and be the voice of the People in each ward of OUR city. Plus their job title is really a Public Servant, NOT self-servant!

The shady slaughter house deal should have been immediately investigated by the Council at the request of, " WE The People "!

Somebody is stuck on stupid here and it is NOT the People of Lackawanna! We request a meeting with the mayor so he can explain the green light he gave to the live animal market and why he kept it a secret from " The People " for almost 3 months??!!

Mayor Kathy used to regularly sponsor coffee with the Mayor at the Senior Center--how about coffee with the People, polanski?

p.s. I realize that there are pros and cons to less government but, I believe this is another reason for down-sizing, what are The People paying them for?

Wink Thanks again!

Good job---both sections are being violated by All of them, the Executive And Legislative branches.

Knowledge is Power! Go People-Go People!

Why would these guys start following the law now? They constantly "overlook" residency violations.

Common knowledge that Love lives in Hamburg. And Estrada lived in Tonawanda. I think even Kozub moved out at the end of his term. Eagan was the ELECTED SUPERVISOR in the Town of Boston. WHEN YOU STOP LIVING HERE, THAT SHOULD BE AN AUTOMATIC RESIGNATION!

But, these jokers pound their chest and talk about loving Lackawanna, as long as it keeps serving their purpose. Nice pensions, lifetime health insurance, etc. while they pay their taxes to another municipality.

Who is supposed to enforce these laws? The MAYOR and he overlooked it. I almost forgot, his idol, Jerry Depasquale was the deputy town clerk while married to the ELECTED West Seneca Town Clerk. I am sure they maintained dual residences during that period. Just another example of self serving enforcement.

As far as Polanski having a public meeting...FORGET IT! He might have to answer questions and his handlers won't be around to bail him out. Just like you couldn't get his face off TV when it benefited him, but he was nowhere to be found when trouble was brewing. remember David Hardy? Yea, Norm was not available for comment when Ch 7 wanted to interview him then. He won't show his face when the going gets tough!

GREAT LEADERSHIP

Post Facts!

Anyone saw the mayor on WGRZ TV last night?---I watched on the computer today. hmmmmm.....
    Or should I say, hahaha....!

The People have to come to bow before the king before he grants them the privilege of an audience with him?---
    What is wrong with this picture? Is he scared of " The People " ?
    Shouldn't he be coming to the People whenever he is asked?

Tomorrow Lackawanna Winter Festival--The Mayors Chili Cook Off Cup,
    1:00 Lackawanna Senior Center Martin Road, he will be mingling with the common people.

Byron Brown does go everywhere, lots and lots of meetings, parties-functions, anywhere.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information