Thread: Dem senator calls for vote to authorize war against ISIS

Dem senator calls for vote to authorize war against ISIS

Is it not written During a Time of declared war - a sitting President may remain in office past the two term limit ? Just askin ? ! ?

Dem senator calls for vote to authorize war against ISIS
    Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) is calling on Congress to follow the footsteps of the United Kingdom, which is preparing to officially authorize military action against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

In a letter to Senators Friday, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations subcommittee on Near East, South Asia, Central Asia, and Counterterrorism called for a vote before the end-of-the-year recess in December.

He continues to state:

As the one of the nation’s closest allies prepares to debate and vote on their involvement, Murphy said it’s well past time the U.S. do the same.

“Congress must declare war against ISIS,” he said. “Each one of us first ran for office on the promise that we wouldn’t shy away from tough debates, but rather, would rise to the challenge the times demand. Now is the time to prove we meant it.”

full article: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...s1g?ocid=edgsp
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Is it not written During a Time of declared war - a sitting President may remain in office past the two term limit ? Just askin ? ! ?
    You are paranoid and obsessed.

Please, I read about that - just wanted to know if this law/rule exists . I don't believe there's any conspiracy -

Please, I read about that - just wanted to know if this law/rule exists . I don't believe there's any conspiracy -
    Someone with your GOOGLE skills should have been able to vet this out.

22nd Amendment

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Nothing in there about war.

b.b.

Please. You hide behind excuses like this all the time. If you don't believe in conspiracies then stop posting them as "questions".

I first heard about that war/3rd term BS when screeching lefties were fretting over it in the Bush years.
    I see it infected the same type loons on the right.

It's the typical "they're manipulating gas prices just before the election" cries from losers.

I even looked through parts of the "Patriot Act" - I could not find any such provision ! Thanks.

FYI - everything's manipulated at election time in our Government !

More war... great.

We'll be paying for the past wars until eternity. Stupid.

Maybe we should stop destabilizing areas of the world... It would save a lot of blood and money. .

Thread Information