Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Buffalo News article on Fudoli loss

I'll find the post but I am almost positive that he stated he was and he did state he does not reside in Lancaster.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    You get to the point some benefits will need to be stopped. The cost eventually becomes to high and people leave the area. Opps, too late. We are witnesses to that now. I also don't consider importing refugees from other countries that require welfare dollars as "positive population growth"
    I agree, benefits like fully paid health care must come to a end. The out going supervisor failed to negotiate that with the unions. As for leaving the area,maybe some towns around Lancaster,but not Lancaster. It is growing and people are moving to our community. Lancaster has a lot to offer for a family. You mentioned importing refugees, agree also.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I'll find the post but I am almost positive that he stated he was and he did state he does not reside in Lancaster.
    Breezy not only posts on Lancaster but also for Tonawanda, Amherst and Cheektowaga. Some feel Breezy is "ex Legislature" Bill Pauly. I have no idea but just saying...... could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans and Franks View Post
    I agree, benefits like fully paid health care must come to a end. The out going supervisor failed to negotiate that with the unions.

The current and incoming Lan Dems stalled the negotiations. They negotiated behind the Current Supervisors back. The Police Admin and the Union helped pull off the scheme to stall negotiations to avoid the health care issue and get a back pay bonus. Call a spade a spade.

As for leaving the area,maybe some towns around Lancaster,but not Lancaster. It is growing and people are moving to our community. Lancaster has a lot to offer for a family. You mentioned importing refugees, agree also.
    Lancaster is a over taxed bedroom investment real-estate market. While many of us came here to live/settle - many come to grab the housing turn over ride. Many newer homes have and will continue to be roll over investments. In the long run the more permanent residents will be stuck holding the tax funded bag.

The majority of our children will leave to find employment. Some will stay because they have some sense of a local tax funded position. What a great future outlook we have. Families separated for need of employment, constantly rising taxes(now that the Nepotism Patronage Team is back in full control).
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Originally posted by WNYresident:
    I also don't consider importing refugees from other countries that require welfare dollars as "positive population growth"
    I have to say that I was very proud last week of one of my African refugee co-workers who was sworn in as an American citizen last Thursday. She worked very hard to learn American history to pass her citizenship test and is a very hard dependable worker.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I have to say that I was very proud last week of one of my African refugee co-workers who was sworn in as an American citizen last Thursday. She worked very hard to learn American history to pass her citizenship test and is a very hard dependable worker.
    That's the way it should be. Good for her. This country has a process to citizenship and she followed it, our country was built on people like her. We should not just open the doors.
    Last edited by Beans and Franks; December 7th, 2015 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Lancaster is a over taxed bedroom investment real-estate market. While many of us came here to live/settle - many come to grab the housing turn over ride. Many newer homes have and will continue to be roll over investments. In the long run the more permanent residents will be stuck holding the tax funded bag.

The majority of our children will leave to find employment. Some will stay because they have some sense of a local tax funded position. What a great future outlook we have. Families separated for need of employment, constantly rising taxes(now that the Nepotism Patronage Team is back in full control).
    Whether they live here a year or 20 years, the taxes are still being paid by the homeowner. The taxes probably go up when the house resells. I don't get what bag the permanent residence are holding.

Lets look at it this way( I am sure you'll have others) - long term residents who have been here, say 20 -30 years or more. They own houses built that were built in the 50/60's ! Now they have done maintenance and such - most no major expansions.

Now because of new homes built around them - their appraisals have been inflated over and over again. Their taxes reassessed at those new values.

I know some say, well when we sell - when our kids sell !

Yet in the mean time we pay - more and more every year. No improved services - no true benefits. Many of us live in areas that require flood insurance - mine just went to over $3000.00 a year ! That's on top of taxes - that's on top of normal insurance and a mortgage.

We are told we should have known better than buy a home here. Wasn't that supposed to be the planning boards job - to make sure homes weren't built in wetlands or flood plains ? We should have done FEMA searchs or such - how many home owners did FEMA search's 20,30 years ago or even today ?

So now go and sell your home - tell the new buyer - OH I forgot your flood insurance adds another $300.00 a month and goes up every time your assessment does and you have no choice.

Or say your on fixed income and get $1400.00 a month social security. Your mortgage was $217.00 a month when you moved here - then every time your taxes went up so did your monthly. I know a senior who had to sell her home and move into a trailer because taxes ate up most of her social security.

But who worries about people/seniors like that. Let them spend their life savings to be able to afford their house taxes !
    Last edited by 4248; December 7th, 2015 at 11:05 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    gorja, you really are the voice of reason!!!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information