Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why no play ground equipment?

Question

lot of BS about 10,000 dollars, what happened to the other 3's money?????

Never was no money they transfered it out into other things. It's a farce.The money is listed in the budget but it is always transfered.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    I did not know this, I wondered why you sit on the side lines complaining zanna without volunteering your time to come out for meetings, etc.! If true --why did you quit?
    I understand the tough roll of the poli-tricks but helping kids should be easy!
    Not attacking Zanna but she knows what is going on but never puts it out there.Just want her to talk a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by la14218 View Post
    lot of BS about 10,000 dollars, what happened to the other 3's money?????
    Pay raises!!

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Why don't you tell people since you formed the youth commision then left it?Wasn't playgrounds on your agenda? Why don't you tell people why you quit on it? Are you playing both sides?
    It certainly seems as if she is. If you've followed some of her posts, especially the ones during the recent election.

Post Audit-Audit-Audit!

Quote Originally Posted by toms View Post
    keyboard---spewing is her greatest asset. She was given $40,000 over the past four years that she has been in office. $10,000 a year for playground equipment...she has not used one penny of it....would rather complain and make accusations than do her job as a council person.
    Oh yeah, oh yeah! -------- "rather complain and make accusations" "do her job as a council person."
    May I remind you toms that IT IS MY JOB TO MONITOR THE CITY OF LACKAWANNA BUDGET, I speak from the facts presented to me as a COUNCIL PERSON! I can not condone the corruption and mismanagement of Citizens hard-earned money!

STATE AUDIT-STATE AUDIT-STATE AUDIT!
    As I re-read these posts I just sit and crack up over THEIR lame attempts to make me look ...... HaHaHa toms and company.

I got another one for you----
    How about your buddy that has been getting all the DJ/Sound System gigs through the Lackawanna Recreation department for over 10, yes 10 years now!
    He used to get paid $250.00 way back, then $300.00 for his 2-3 hours of DJ-ing/music and now he is up to a straight $400.00 per event.
    Remember I told you all that he got over $2000.00 for the Lackawanna Festival. No wonder I can not get the itemized breakdown from Recreation, I have asked for months and months now----did someone say COVER-UP!

What I find really amusing is that the good ole' boy buddy getting all the gigs says things like, "Here is OUR Mayor......And How about OUR ....."!
    This guy lives in Hamburg and he is from South Buffalo! He is very clever to sound like he is from Lackawanna when he DJ's though, pretty good act Michael Margerum of Nickel City Road Show. I got to give it to you about your "act".

What really hurts me is that I know there are Lackawanna residents with sound equipment that could do the job well and use the extra cash from the City of Lackawanna Recreation Department public events.
    SAD, and the mayor and rest of council pretend they care about the residents.
    Ha.

Seems like this city is anti playground! At last night's meeting the city seems to want to eliminate the playground behind the high school that is leased from St.Stephen's Serbian church.Bad eqiuptment and "liability" were the lame reasons given. Well gentlemen if you took care of it in the first place....

Post Fact

Has anyone seen the kids playing basketball on the street in front of Bauder playground with the portable hoop?
    Last Council meeting I asked if any of the Council had seen it and they said no; Jaworski asked whose hoop is it?
    I said, "Who cares whose hoop it is, and no one better go after the kids. Please take the money from this years' budget--encumber it, add it to 2010/2011 budget and put in a new City Basketball Court somewhere upper Ingham/Ridge/Lehigh vicinity." Jaworski said he will not allow they money to be moved like that------WHY? I sure have seen them move the money for the Youth and Seniors to pay their over-extended accounts.

2009/2010 Lackawanna City Budget has/had $7500 for each Ward in it. The original Bauder playground project called for an appr. $17,000 basketball court.

Where would you all like to see the kids playing--on a safe fenced in court OR in the street?
    I also asked them where the money went for the chain-link fence that was never voted out of the project by the Council who objected to the basketball court.
    appr. $41,000 was NYS Parks Department money and the other $41,000 City share -- LCDC gave $13,000 in-kind monies toward the City share for the little swings and slide for the playground.

Hmmm......I have asked for an itemized bill of the Bauder Playground for years.
    Why can't we know where the money was spent?

Post Fact-the City pulls out another playground.

FYI, Lackawanna City Council took the playground behind the Serbian Church by the High School off the table last night, April 19, 2010. They had been debating the money the City had to pay the Church for lot rent for months.

According to Angelo Iafallo Recreation Director and Tom Love the Com of Public Works the equipment is 40 yrs old and all in bad shape, plus not repairable--nor safe. Hmm...Another thing for OUR kids--gone. The lawyer said there is pending litigation about an incident on the playground.

Love is going to send the crew to pull out all swings, etc.--seed it and the City will no longer rent the parcel from the Church as they have done for decades and decades.

Love said years ago that our City does not need all these neighborhood playgrounds, if it was up to him there would only be 1 for the whole City.
    Easy for him to say--he lives in Hamburg.
    I find this very sad, if the City spent the money on the repairs and upgrades, as they should--the playground should grow, not be removed.

Fyi

Several people in this area had approached people I know and myself about this playground. They are not happy. We told them about the city's one playground idea.They went ballistic. The question I have is if we keep taking things away from our children why would anybody want to locate here? Aren't we supposed to attract familes here to keep our city thriving or are we going to watch everyone leave and move someplace else and let our city continue to decay housing wise? The sense of community we had is rapidly disappearing.Take a look around it is already happening in pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Has anyone seen the kids playing basketball on the street in front of Bauder playground with the portable hoop?
    Last Council meeting I asked if any of the Council had seen it and they said no; Jaworski asked whose hoop is it?
    I said, "Who cares whose hoop it is, and no one better go after the kids. Please take the money from this years' budget--encumber it, add it to 2010/2011 budget and put in a new City Basketball Court somewhere upper Ingham/Ridge/Lehigh vicinity." Jaworski said he will not allow they money to be moved like that------WHY? I sure have seen them move the money for the Youth and Seniors to pay their over-extended accounts.

2009/2010 Lackawanna City Budget has/had $7500 for each Ward in it. The original Bauder playground project called for an appr. $17,000 basketball court.

Where would you all like to see the kids playing--on a safe fenced in court OR in the street?
    I also asked them where the money went for the chain-link fence that was never voted out of the project by the Council who objected to the basketball court.
    appr. $41,000 was NYS Parks Department money and the other $41,000 City share -- LCDC gave $13,000 in-kind monies toward the City share for the little swings and slide for the playground.

Hmmm......I have asked for an itemized bill of the Bauder Playground for years.
    Why can't we know where the money was spent?
    Was the Basketball court that people went back and forth about at Bauder playground eliminated for a reason? Not that many people wanted it? Wish they could of at least made a 1/2 court or something. As for the kids playing on the street, you better bet the city better not say a thing to them! This city is way to uptight when it comes to families and activities. It's a small street and people shouldn't be doing 40 down it anyway's. The cops around here want to mess with all the wrong people. Do something about the knuckleheads driving around my neighborhood who have no sense rather than pull someone over for a blown out headlight! I bought my son a in ground hoop system and I swear if someone wants to call on me about or these kids playing, my little gripes I have about certain people doing things around me will soon be an inconvenience to you also. mess with one another but do not take anything away from these kids around here who don't have much!

Post Facts!

Yes, the Bauder basketball court was the same one that many, many, many Citizens fought over. Many wanted the Court---Many did not. City Hall used this as a political wrench to hurt me--and it worked, I was put through hell over their created mess. My predesessor stood up at a Council meeting in April 2006 and waved the grant that I had Never seen and ridiculed me publicly about the controversy to stir the simmering pot --I mean plot. City Hall took this political hot-potato and used it to pit both groups of Citizens against me in anger. I was accused of making deals. How I wish I had that much power! I made a simple suggestion as a citizen to keep all sides calm over the basketball court. Mr. Spadone did get the grant-writers to give me a copy of the original grant and I do thank him----I wasn't even left a paper-clip in the office when I came in! I then passed out a copy of the grant to anyone who wanted it. As a business owner and concerned citizen all I wanted was a safer community and happy kids and parents.

The reality is that Kuryaks' ADMINISTRATION went after the NYS Parks grant money for Center St playground AND the revitalization of Bauder Playground early 2000's. I had pushed for Bauder to come back years earlier because pretty much every year a kid was getting hit by a car playing in the street. Bauder had become a horrible overgrown sight and Kuryak listened to help the kids.

Unbeknown to me there was a group of people meeting with polanski and company to fight OUT the basketball court when others wanted the court and knew the playground with a basketball court was planned and promised to the community.

I was asked my opinion in 2005 as a private citizen and I suggested to put the court somewhere nearby and keep the playground area for the little kids to keep the peace. BUT to put the court in along with the playground as planned to get the portable hoops off the streets and keep the kids safe. LCDC did listen to me though about my suggestion regarding a paved circle around-about in Bauder for the kids to skate or ride their Big Wheels on.

jaworski-sciavi-and spadone voted OUT the the basketball court in 2006 WHEN they had voted it in years earlier. Talk about playing POLI-TRICKS! Ha!

A basketball court should have been put in somewhere the same year Bauder playground went in----AND Center Street area playground where the Mayor grew up, really lost out because polanski and his twins failed to use the $40,000 NYS Parks grant money for them. Getting any grant money is a big deal and the club should never have turned any money back--never ever. Spending it on OUR neglected Playgrounds is a no-brainer!
    Mis-management of public funds was the end result---- two City owned playgrounds would have been revitalized---FOR OUR KIDS!
    Once again OUR Lackawanna kids are the ones who lost out. Both sides of the Bauder Playground stand-off should have stood together to demand the City of Lackawanna put in the Basketball Court but not so close to houses because of the noise. Simple solution.

Stand your ground for your childs' hoop that you had to spend good money for------!
    P.S. FYI---Lackawanna has had a Director of Parks and Recreation for years and we did not have any parks until Mayor Kathy/Kuryak started the grove behind the Senior Center on Martin Road. We have not had any parks for decades------People have laughed since the 70's when Lackawanna wanted to tear down the Botanical Gardens but instead gave them--the property to the City of Buffalo. " How do ya like them now?! " Typical "Lack" of vision.

The Directors' salary in 06' was $47,895-------10' is $56,397!
    Yes, $8502.00 raise in 4 years and he is behind removing a playground next door to the High School.

Quote Originally Posted by Info14218 View Post
    Was the Basketball court that people went back and forth about at Bauder playground eliminated for a reason? Not that many people wanted it? Wish they could of at least made a 1/2 court or something. As for the kids playing on the street, you better bet the city better not say a thing to them! This city is way to uptight when it comes to families and activities. It's a small street and people shouldn't be doing 40 down it anyway's. The cops around here want to mess with all the wrong people. Do something about the knuckleheads driving around my neighborhood who have no sense rather than pull someone over for a blown out headlight! I bought my son a in ground hoop system and I swear if someone wants to call on me about or these kids playing, my little gripes I have about certain people doing things around me will soon be an inconvenience to you also. mess with one another but do not take anything away from these kids around here who don't have much!

This is a lawsuit waiting to happen as a matter of fact all our playgrounds are.Went by Franklin yesterday what a disgrace.

Post Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by DennisMulqueen View Post
    This is a lawsuit waiting to happen as a matter of fact all our playgrounds are.Went by Franklin yesterday what a disgrace.
    Franklin-Center Street, same playground as you know. Like I said they were supposed to get a make-over 4 years ago BUT polanski and his twin brothers did not want to help out the parents and kids there. The same neighborhood area he himself grew up in---talk about giving back. Disgrace is putting it nicely-----disgraceful crooked sham is more like it!

As you can see they would rather give each other raises than help Lackawanna thrive and keep OUR kids safe and modern, ie: 2006 Mayor salary was $50,626
    2010 Mayor salary is $55,626 AND in Feb.2010
    the Mayor appointed his wife Civil Service Commissioner for $ 1500./year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information