Thread: Lorigo vs Czar on Syrian Refugees

Lorigo vs Czar on Syrian Refugees

You dont need these people erie county can not afford them is one reason. I can’t take the blissfully ignorant stance and believe that the government can know with 100 percent certainty who is coming here and what their intentions an a tweet Saturday night, Erie County Legislature Majority Leader Joseph C. Lorigo, C-West Seneca, urged County Executive Mark C. Poloncarz to “reverse his stance on accepting Syrian refugees into Erie County.”re,” Lorigo said.“I believe the risk to our community is far too great,” Lorigo said in a news release Sunday. “We must do everything we can to protect the citizens of Erie County and Western New York.”

carz responded by saying he was “disappointed” by Lorigo’s comments and by his “ignorance” of the resettling process. It is up to the federal and state governments to decide whether to admit refugees and where they should go, he said. The county has no say in the matter, Poloncarz said, and he accused Lorigo of “stoking Islamophobia.” He reminded Lorigo that many of the refugees are Coptic and Orthodox Christians.

He said Poloncarz should join him in telling the state and federal governments that Erie County would not take any Syrian refugees unless they could guarantee them that they are not members of the Islamic State, something he admitted would be impossible to do.

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo “needs to hear it,” Lorigo said, “and if the county executive doesn’t want to deliver that message, I’ll be the one to do it.”
    Attendees of the vigil echoed Poloncarz’s sentiments.

“I know some bad people can hide among them, but most are wanting to keep their family safe,” said Stephanie Facques, who moved to Niagara Falls from Paris. “We have to remember that, just a few years ago, there were people in France trying to avoid the Nazis.”
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Michigan governor says no more Syrian refugees in Michigan
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...gees/75825736/

Georgia L Schlager

Obviously they are putting the needs of their citizens over that other interests.

Bravo!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    In the end there is no reason to add more burden tax wise to people in Erie County or NYS. When our grand parents came over a century ago we did not have the countless welfare programs that have been created since then.

I think the best course of action is to remove people from office who promote importing refugees in mass. This includes starting from the bottom where the support starts. Does Hillary support importing people from over seas in mass? Just not Hillary but any candidate running for office. Let us say Hillary does. Which local town board members went to her fund raiser in Buffalo recently? You support Hillary you are supporting her agenda. Same goes for any other candidate from any party that supports this type of thinking.

Wasn't Mark Poloncarz at her fund raiser along with the organizers of the Erie County Democratic party?

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Michigan governor says no more Syrian refugees in Michigan
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...gees/75825736/
    A little late for Michigan, which has the largest Muslim settlements in the country - Alabama has none and plans to keep it that way; Texas says "no"...
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-their-states/

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    A little late for Michigan, which has the largest Muslim settlements in the country - Alabama has none and plans to keep it that way; Texas says "no"...
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-their-states/
    you think Cuomo will stop it I doubt it.. look who joined in now machine shop Chris..Nov 16, 2015

Congressman Chris Collins (NY-27) today released the following statement demanding Governor Andrew Cuomo stop his plans to accept Syrian refugees into New York.

“Ensuring the safety and security of our country and Western New Yorkers is my central focus,” said Congressman Collins. “At this point, we cannot guarantee with 100 percent certainty that the refugees we are accepting from Syria don’t pose a threat to our community. Until we have a process in place that achieves that goal, I am calling on Governor Cuomo to stop plans to accept Syrian refugees
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

I applaud their efforts on our behalf:

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo “needs to hear it,” Mr. Lorigo said, “and if the county executive doesn’t want to deliver that message, I’ll be the one to do it.”

Congressman Chris Collins (NY-27) today released the following statement demanding Governor Andrew Cuomo stop his plans to accept Syrian refugees into New York.

“Ensuring the safety and security of our country and Western New Yorkers is my central focus,” said Congressman Collins. “At this point, we cannot guarantee with 100 percent certainty that the refugees we are accepting from Syria don’t pose a threat to our community. Until we have a process in place that achieves that goal, I am calling on Governor Cuomo to stop plans to accept Syrian refugees[/QUOTE]

More elected Officials should speak up - even if they have no actual way to cause the President to change his plans - he should know how we feel. Instead of sitting back for the sake of "Party Loyalty" or out of "Political" obedience !

America First !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Another state rejecting them. LET THE REJECTIONS BEGIN
    Today, Michigan Gov., Rick Snyder, suspended efforts to accept Syrian refugees into his state out of safety concerns for American citizens.
    2010 Pistol Championship
    Army Staff Sgt. Robert Park II 3515-182x

Thread Information