Thread: dtwarren

dtwarren

Big loss for your girl Bove. Do you want me to cut and copy the link for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Big loss for your girl Bove. Do you want me to cut and copy the link for you?
    It was not a big loss and it came at a big price for Meegan. To spend that much money to win by that narrow of a margin speaks more to the point. Actually without fusion voting Bove would have won (We are 1 of only 8 states that still permit this).

Meegan does not have a mandate and the whole Town Board needs to listen to the message that was sent by the voters.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

the only reason it was even competitive is because of the dummies that vote straight ticket democrat.

fusion voting - I hate it.... if one of the lines is the D line, that person gets NO vote from me...

The states: Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Mississippi, New York, Oregon, South Carolina & Vermont.

Makes it so the primary races almost mean nothing for local races. One can easily get on one of the obscure lines as cover. In my town it did not work, all that won the Republican primary still won the race. It was nice to see a clean open row A line for the local races, here it is almost curse to have the letter D after your name - I wish the rest of the State would wake up to that as I believe it is a REAL CURSE from almighty God to vote in any Democrat! The party that is EVIL and that by DESIGN and PLAN - yeppers evil written right into their plank.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    the only reason it was even competitive is because of the dummies that vote straight ticket democrat.
    While I have no doubt there are such people, and I agree voting for a line due to mere party affiliation is dumb, I cannot say what, if any, effect such had to do in any election. For example keep in mind Meegan did lose the primary. Also if true, this worked for Meegan's benefit in 2011.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

If New York does not get rid of fusion voting we should at least adopt a sore-loser prohibition that other States have which would prohibit a candidate from appearing on the general election ballot if they had lost a primary election in any party.

oh boy...more affirmative action proposals for candidates who can't attract enough votes to win an election.

Every proposal to limit voters' choices is nothing but an attempt to help candidates who can't win unless somebody else isn't allowed to be on the ballot.

Every voter has the right to vote with prejudice and bigotry in their hearts - whether it be based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or party affiliation. Voters are not required to use any particular set of criteria in deciding who they will vote for.

Candidate need to deal with the fact that a voter can flip a coin if they want to do so to make their choice. Candidates need to convince a majority of those who vote to vote for them, regardless of how voters make their choices.

trying to up a candidates chance of wining by prohibiting someone else from being on a ballot under another party is down right un-american.

Every voter's vote is just as valuable as every other voter's vote, regardless of how or why that voter chooses to exercise it.

Winning an election is simply - get a majority of people to vote for you. Losing candidates need to stop blaming voters for their loses. They lost because they could not convince a majority of voters to vote for them.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    oh boy...more affirmative action proposals for candidates who can't attract enough votes to win an election.

Every proposal to limit voters' choices is nothing but an attempt to help candidates who can't win unless somebody else isn't allowed to be on the ballot.

Every voter has the right to vote with prejudice and bigotry in their hearts - whether it be based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or party affiliation. Voters are not required to use any particular set of criteria in deciding who they will vote for.

Candidate need to deal with the fact that a voter can flip a coin if they want to do so to make their choice. Candidates need to convince a majority of those who vote to vote for them, regardless of how voters make their choices.

trying to up a candidates chance of wining by prohibiting someone else from being on a ballot under another party is down right un-american.

Every voter's vote is just as valuable as every other voter's vote, regardless of how or why that voter chooses to exercise it.

Winning an election is simply - get a majority of people to vote for you. Losing candidates need to stop blaming voters for their loses. They lost because they could not convince a majority of voters to vote for them.
    Nothing in this thread would limit a voters right to vote and has been upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court. They would limit the Parties but bot the voters.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    Nothing in this thread would limit a voters right to vote and has been upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court. They would limit the Parties but bot the voters.
    "limit the Parties"? Your proposals would limit who a party could but on their ballot. If you don't like the candidates a party has chosen you have the exact same right as every other voter - vote for someone else.

If yor favorite candidate get a majority of votes he or she wins. if not, then he or she loses. What's so unfair about that?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    "limit the Parties"? Your proposals would limit who a party could but on their ballot. If you don't like the candidates a party has chosen you have the exact same right as every other voter - vote for someone else.

If yor favorite candidate get a majority of votes he or she wins. if not, then he or she loses. What's so unfair about that?
    Following your reasoning then they should not need more than one line to appear on - so we agree fusion voting is not needed and should go.
    Last edited by dtwarren; November 5th, 2015 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    It was not a big loss and it came at a big price for Meegan. To spend that much money to win by that narrow of a margin speaks more to the point. Actually without fusion voting Bove would have won (We are 1 of only 8 states that still permit this).

Meegan does not have a mandate and the whole Town Board needs to listen to the message that was sent by the voters.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. She won. FACT. Bove lost. FACT. You're still crying. FACT. Still remember what facts are right? I had no interest in this election until you started defending your little sweetheart Tina. I'm so happy she lost solely because you're a douche. Hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha see Ya in four years *mic drop*

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. She won. FACT. Bove lost. FACT. You're still crying. FACT. Still remember what facts are right? I had no interest in this election until you started defending your little sweetheart Tina. I'm so happy she lost solely because you're a douche. Hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha see Ya in four years *mic drop*
    Didn't mommy teach you that the only thing worse than a sore loser is sore winner? I also don't believe that you had no interest in this election if you go through the posts you posted pro-Meegan/anti-Bove material first. It is only then I called you to task in what you were posting.
    Last edited by dtwarren; November 5th, 2015 at 03:55 PM.

Thread Information