Thread: Meegan's proactive approach

Meegan's proactive approach

Thanks to Supervisor Meegan, the town is being used as an example for other municipalities aging sewers and potential risks of pushing them on the back burner.
    Now that's what I call a LEADER.
    Vote for progress, VOTE FOR SHEILA MEEGAN

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...spots-20151028

Meegan cannot claim credit for fixing the sewers since that process was begun well before her taking office as Supervisor ( http://www.westsenecabee.com/news/20...r_problem.html )
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

She was on the board though. So she can take credit for it. Piotrowski didn't do much of anything while in office and I believe Clark was there.

I read the link dtwarren supplied. Where was the permissive referendum? With all the money spent on town hall expansion, water system bond and sewers, there hasn't been a one. The people have had no say on all this spending. And I am sure the same thing will happen with the secret Seneca Mall project. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by count alucard View Post
    The people have had no say on all this spending.
    You elect someone to make decisions for the good of the town. If you want a say on everything, run for office.

Quote Originally Posted by People View Post
    You elect someone to make decisions for the good of the town. If you want a say on everything, run for office.
    ding ding ding we have a winner..... great observation People!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by People View Post
    First count alucard did not say (s)he wanted to vote on everything. One of the few areas the voters can have a vote on is bonding. The Town Board could have put this bond vote before the voters if they chose to do so, but they did not. And we also get to say who is in office through our vote which is guided by the past decisions they made or did not make.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    She was on the board though. So she can take credit for it. Piotrowski didn't do much of anything while in office and I believe Clark was there.
    OK, if that time counts then how is waiting until the last year of your term to address this issue being proactive?

Good enough for me....
    Attachment 4512
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Town hall expansion was for the police. Water was done so county water takes over. Saves money in the long run. Sewers had to be done because they are a mess. Them being proactive on those three things I have absolutely no problem for. The only thing I have a problem with this regime about is Gene lying. Yes, taxes are up but there is a lot of positive things going on in this town. Things I think Bove would never bring here. I've met my wife here, got married, had a kid with another one coming. This town is looking up. I truly do not like anything about Bove. I think she is the worst possible candidate. I love this town. Meegan vs Bove I'm taking meegan.

How long has Bove been running for political offices?

She was appointed council. Never ran. Then ran for supervisor and lost. Then appointed legislator. Never ran. She's a coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    She was appointed council. Never ran. Then ran for supervisor and lost. Then appointed legislator. Never ran. She's a coward.
    Again factually incorrect. Bove ran and was elected to the West Seneca Town Board in November 2005. Bove also ran and was elected to the Erie County Legislature in 2009. Go to: http://www.elections.erie.gov/election-results-archive/ and look at the general election results for these two races. Bove ran against Joe Lorigo for the ECL in 2011 and lost to him (this was the year that Joe Lorigo switched from a D to a C so his father could get him nominated on the C line to run after losing the WS Town Judge election).
    Last edited by dtwarren; October 31st, 2015 at 11:20 AM.

she was appointed student council president, too. Then she voted to give herself 5 extra minutes at lunch. Three seperate times. Show me a link in that one warren!

I just looked at Meegan's website and she is claiming as one of her accomplishments "Consolidated the Receiver of Taxes Office to the Town Clerk’s Office". Now that is a stretch! First it was a vote of the citizens that abolished the position of Receiver of Taxes in November 2009. Also at the time Meegan stated: "Councilwoman Meegan stated that Mrs. Breidenstein and Supervisor Piotrowski have been working for over a year on the consolidation and the taxpayers should appreciate their initiative. " http://www.westseneca.net/bdmin09/mi090713.html

Thread Information