Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $110,000 super cop in Frontier School System

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by bwilson
    well enough is enough. I'v been reading this post and have sat idly by listening to fjb post falsehood after falsehood...now he's trying to put words into our county legislators mouth.

Here's the fact....there was no mention of a school resource officer until Supervisor Walters brought it up...this is not a democrat's idea. It is the idea of a politician who owes the hamburg police force a whole lot of favors. ANOTHER police hire is no surprise. As a matter of fact the Town board was previously taking action on the local drug problem..action that involved volunteers and community involvement...action that would have cost the Hamburg taxpayers nothing...Supervisor Walters made his position clear on those tactics....So FJB your allegations are false...your comments regarding Legislator Reynolds will surely ruin any chance of having a productive relationship with him, but that looks like your intention in most of your posts...to ruin productive relationships and good government.

Once again the Democrats in Hamburg are being less than truthful. Steve Walters only promised an officer in the school to stop the drugs. The salary of that officer was set by contract by the remaining democrats on the town board and Pat Hoak way before Steve took office. Pat Hoak and the democrats also approved a union for the captains and above of the Hamburg Town Police. This is a union not recognised by the state and it's my understanding that it's the only one like it in Erie County. Furthermore read the e-mail received from Bob Reynolds that is posted earlier you idiot!

he says nothing about being against the democrats

you have no facts. LIES,LIES,LIES, I'm just concerned fo ryour welfare as a fellow human being what motive you would have for making up such foolishness. perhaps some professional mental health therapy is in order. Good Luck son

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by bwilson
    you have no facts. LIES,LIES,LIES, I'm just concerned fo ryour welfare as a fellow human being what motive you would have for making up such foolishness. perhaps some professional mental health therapy is in order. Good Luck son
    I think you need to contact your town board and get the answers you lack. You obviously are confused about what is happening in Hamburg.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I am new and was browsing and thought I could shed the truth on this subject.
    As I have found out, the position of SRO was created to address ongoing drug/crime issues within the Frontier School District. The reported "salary" that was set at $110,000 by the Sun is incorrect as far as a salary goes. The officer who is assigned to the school will only make approx. $60,000. The remaining $50,000 supposedly is the "other compensation (health, retirement budgeted max. vacation and overtime sellbacks and other misc dept costs). The School is paying the Town $65,000 for the compensation of this officer. The Town is then on the hook for up to the remaining $45,000. Now the TOwn will not be out out of pocket the full $45,000 as this is a max budget figure ( you cannot under budget a position). The Town will more than likely be out of pocket somewhere around $30,000. This officer has been taken off the road and was budgeted to be replace by Supervisor Walters but was cut by the Town Board.
    I hope this clears up this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by HamburgJoe
    Sorry to resurrect this thread but I am new and was browsing and thought I could shed the truth on this subject.
    As I have found out, the position of SRO was created to address ongoing drug/crime issues within the Frontier School District. The reported "salary" that was set at $110,000 by the Sun is incorrect as far as a salary goes. The officer who is assigned to the school will only make approx. $60,000. The remaining $50,000 supposedly is the "other compensation (health, retirement budgeted max. vacation and overtime sellbacks and other misc dept costs). The School is paying the Town $65,000 for the compensation of this officer. The Town is then on the hook for up to the remaining $45,000. Now the TOwn will not be out out of pocket the full $45,000 as this is a max budget figure ( you cannot under budget a position). The Town will more than likely be out of pocket somewhere around $30,000. This officer has been taken off the road and was budgeted to be replace by Supervisor Walters but was cut by the Town Board.
    Just wish people would deal with their own children and their problems..I don't understand why the schools or the towns should have to pick up the slack for the parents. Now were getting into parenting business? Wonderful, Parents need to understand that it is their job. Here is a thought..NEVER have more children then you can teach,support,feed,house,educate,parent or bailout YOURSELF!!!!

Until then, the police are the ones stuck sorting it out.

Until then, the police are the ones stuck sorting it out.
    Another black eye for the Frontier School district..I think the police are going to have their hands full between the drug problem, and now the problem with the English teacher..What a world our kids have to grow up in.

I believe they were misquoted regarding the salary for this position. I believe that the $110,000 figure has something to do with the replacement cost for the officer going into the school. When he went into the school, the Hamburg PD had to replace his position for patrol purposes. A new hire with benefits and academy training and field training might cost the town $110k. If you check with the town hall, the school officer is still covered under the Hamburg PD/Town of Hamburg contract, so it's not likely that he would be earning more than the contract would allow. And, it doesn't seem likely that this position would pay an additional 50k more than the 60k salary which someone posted earlier.

Also, anyone who feels that the school officer is a "babysitter" should seriously reconsider. A police officer stationed inside a high school is becoming the national trend... and for good reason. When you have a school with a few thousand young adults interacting on a daily basis, there is plenty of opportunity for serious problems to arise(refer to Columbine or Jonesboro, Arkansas). And, If you think that there aren't serious occurrences happening in your schools, then you are a fool!!! Just because you weren't made aware, doesn't mean it doesn't occurr. An officer stationed inside the school can provide a pretty quick response time to any situation. Also, teachers are paid to teach, not break up fights, confiscate drugs, etc. They shouldn't have to deal with that.

A different perspective might be this: Hamburg is paying for in-school police protection just about what it would cost for a new school bus.

This officer was never replaced on the road. In fact the Town Board cut two patrol officer positions from the 2007 budget.

Unregistered
    This officer was never replaced on the road. In fact the Town Board cut two patrol officer positions from the 2007 budget.
    And then let all the Command Officers take as much over time to fill the spots. Only, I hear they sit on their ass and make the patrol officers work harder.

Again I ask you Ford, what do you do for a living?

You seem to talk a lot about people sitting on their asses.

You are a real Jack Ass my friend.

Next time you have the opportunity to talk to a Hamburg police officer ask him/her how it works. When I heard some of the stories, I had a tough time believing them.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey1901
    Again I ask you Ford, what do you do for a living?

You seem to talk a lot about people sitting on their asses.

You are a real Jack Ass my friend.
    I'll take take that as a compliment from you.

Fellow blogers I only respond when I see FJB WE nicknamed him the tin man from the wizard of oz we know what he was missing it was'nt courage or a heart guess. He is on disabilty running around doing the bidding of GIESE, KELLY and others If he spent his time at home they might not need police at the school, his family should come first not his extended family ,GIESE KELLY,and the INDPENDENCE Party. when he realizes this it may be too late ford stay home take care of your family some day when the kids have gone have a ball don't let them suffer for your folishness.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information