Thread: Meegan knows how to pull strings. Remember this one? She's a snake.

Meegan knows how to pull strings. Remember this one? She's a snake.

http://archive.wgrz.com/rss/article/...riminal-Record

Latest Water Authority Hire Has Criminal Record

Buffalo, N.Y. - Tim Meegan, who began work at the Erie County Water Authority on Monday is somewhat typical of the politically wired "friends and family members" who get jobs at the Water Authority.
    His mother Sheila Meegan is the supervisor of West Seneca, and his family has been active in West Seneca politics for decades.
    What's not so typical about Meegan's hire by the Water Authority is that he has a criminal record.
    According to court records, back in July of 2008 Meegan was arrested following an altercation at a West Seneca restaurant.
    He was charged with gang assault, meaning there was more than one person involved, as well as assault.
    At the time, Meegan's mother Sheila was a West Seneca Town Board member and so the younger Meegan's case was moved to city court in Lackawanna.
    In February of 2009, Meegan pled guilty to assault in the third degree which is a misdemeanor, and given a conditional discharge meaning no jail time or probation.
    A court clerk in Lackawanna said the conditions that were part of Meegan's sentence were not immediately available.
    On Monday, Meegan was hired as a utility worker at the Water Authority at just over $41,000 a year. The job does not require a civil service test and so the authority could hire whoever it wanted for the job.
    When I asked the Authority's personnel commissioner Matt Baudo about Meegan's hiring he told me "we do criminal background checks on all hires. We were well aware of his (Meegan's) background."
    Baudo added that Meegan was very forthcoming about his arrest during his interview process and that Meegan will not be entering anyone's home as part of his job duties.
    Baudo said none of the authority's commissioners would do an interview with 2 On Your Side about Meegan's hiring, his qualifications and his background.
    Prior to being hired at the Water Authority, Meegan worked for nearly four years in a patronage position at the Erie County Clerk's Office.
    Ironically, Meegan's hiring comes just eight days after the authority announced that it was not renewing the contract of the authority's long time Executive Director, Bob Mendez.
    The reason the commissioners gave: they felt Mendez was too political.
    Last week, 2 On Your Side reported that the Water Authority hired Tim Gallagher as a part-time attorney at a rate of $100 per hour.
    Gallagher is the son of former state senator and NFTA Chairman Ray Gallagher, who is a board member of the Erie County Conservative Party, where the younger Gallagher is also a board member.

Nepotism happens everywhere. Not just political jobs. This seems like quite the stretch. So her son got into a fight and the news blasts him? I'm sure the dumping ground has far worse. if I'm in politics or own a business, I'm hiring friends and family as well.

Do you think Steve Pigeon got the kid the job? I would say yes.

He obviously got it through the democratic heads. Zellner, Lenihan, etc. Zellner and Pigeon have never been on equal ground. I doubt they would put any request through that came from Pigeon.

Wasn't Pigeon's friend Jack O'Donnell one of the commissioners?

Good point. Just looked it up and if the article I read is correct O'Donnell was gone 3 months before her sons arrival.

You think BOVE and her cronies are any better? She's a snake promising jobs to old admin it will be back to the old ways, nothing getting done but petty BS arguments

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Good point. Just looked it up and if the article I read is correct O'Donnell was gone 3 months before her sons arrival.
    I do not believe the article you read was accurate, assuming there is one. O'Donnell was at the ECWA and carrying out his duties until replaced by O'Brien on April 23, 2013, particularly since he was at the ECWA Board's March 2013 meeting: http://www.ecwa.org/pdf/CommitteeMee...%20minutes.pdf
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

There appears to be a Meegan supporter who is willing to post false and half truths about Meegan's accomplishments. Going back to the last 3 threads his comments are his opinions with no facts. I have lived in this town my whole life, raised 3 children who attended West Seneca schools and owned a home and payed taxes since 1970's. Now that I am retired I have seen my taxes increase under Meegan, Hart and Henley, while they give out 10 and 40% raises to friends. Living on a fixed income a rebate check from the state this year and next would of been nice. I for one will be voting for Bove ,just like I did in the Democratic Primary, where Bove without the Democratic Party endorsement defeated Meegan

Not a Meegan supporter. Most definitely not a Bove supporter. I've said before that Bove could not have been the best possible candidate. With the choices I've been given, I'm voting Meegan. When does an opinion have to be supported by facts? That's why its an opinion. If anything, it appears we have a strong Bove supporter which you stated. Good for you.

You appear to be confused over the difference between what is fact and what is opinion:

Facts are statements that can be proven.
    Opinions can not be proven. They are based on someone's thoughts, their feelings and their understanding.
    Though you may be able to use facts to add credibility to an opinion, it is still an opinion!
    Though an opinion may be widely accepted, that does not make it a fact.

Every man has a right to be wrong in his opinions. But no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.

-Baruch, Bernard M 1870-1965, American Financier
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    You appear to be confused over the difference between what is fact and what is opinion:

Facts are statements that can be proven.
    Opinions can not be proven. They are based on someone's thoughts, their feelings and their understanding.
    Though you may be able to use facts to add credibility to an opinion, it is still an opinion!
    Though an opinion may be widely accepted, that does not make it a fact.

Georgia L Schlager

Not confused at all. My opinion is I don't like Bove. Thats a fact. Thanks for another cut and copy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Not confused at all. My opinion is I don't like Bove. Thats a fact. Thanks for another cut and copy though.
    So you are willfully misleading people.

Thread Information