Thread: Boves lies catch up to her?

Boves lies catch up to her?

So Christina, Chris, Tina or whatever she's going by today is running her campaign solely off the "taxes are too high" bit. I just received literature stating she voted for a 6% tax increase and a raise in salary 3 times? And before anyone says "don't believe everything you read," it's backed up by the board meeting it happened at that I took the time to research. Talk about the pot and kettle. This lady is a phony. Thank god she spent tax money to build a hill at east and west park and declared it Mt Bove. Weirdo. On top of all that, the whack job said there is no sewer problem in West Seneca??? She will never receive my vote. What a joke.

Let us take that assertion as fact. So we should vote for Meegan under whom taxes did go up over 9%?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    can't you find anyone else to run for supervisor?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    So Christina, Chris, Tina or whatever she's going by today is running her campaign solely off the "taxes are too high" bit. I just received literature stating she voted for a 6% tax increase and a raise in salary 3 times? And before anyone says "don't believe everything you read," it's backed up by the board meeting it happened at that I took the time to research. Talk about the pot and kettle. This lady is a phony. Thank god she spent tax money to build a hill at east and west park and declared it Mt Bove. Weirdo. On top of all that, the whack job said there is no sewer problem in West Seneca??? She will never receive my vote. What a joke.
    I received the same mailer paid for by The Real Conservative. They cite for the source of the assertion that Bove voted to raise taxes by 6% the Town Board meeting held on 11/08/06 ( http://westseneca.net/bdmin06/2007budget.html ). First since Bove left office at the end of 2009 isn't that a stretch to go back? Second where in here is the 6% increase?

What I did find in here is:

Supervisor Clark stated that the rates for 2007 were no different than what they were for 2006. He complimented the Town Board members on working together to control costs and noted that they continually tried to drive costs down. Supervisor Clark stated that the Town of West Seneca was a 25 to 30 million dollar operation with 600 to 700 employees and various operations. When compared to other towns, they ran a reasonably lean and effective government. Supervisor Clark commented on property taxes in Western New York and New York State being higher than anywhere else in the country and stated that the county tax contained huge state mandates including runaway Medicare costs and extraordinary pension costs. The Town Board had to deal with all these factors that were beyond their control. Since the town was primarily a service organization, they tried to set service levels. Services included recreation, senior services, engineering services, sanitation & refuse pickup, highway, police, etc. and although West Seneca was not lavish, they were serious in their attempt to deliver a good and consistent level of service to the residents. They accomplished this with strong management, a lot of communication, and excellent and cooperative department heads that realized the need to cut costs. Supervisor Clark stated that although a reduction in services was a tool they could use,
    Also:

Mr. Trimper commented that it would be helpful to the public if last year’s budget figures were shown on the proposed budget and if the number of employees covered by a line item was indicated. He was happy that there was no tax increase this year, but noted that over the last five to six years the total budget was up about 65 percent. Mr. Trimper thought that West Seneca was in need of a re-evaluation and commented that if it is done properly it will help level the playing field.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

I checked the 5 budgets where Bove was on the board for the budget hearing and budget vote. These numbers came right off the town web site.

2006 Paul Clark's Budget +5.8%
    2007 Paul Clark's Budget 0%
    2008 Paul Clark's Budget - 2%
    2009 W. Piotrowski's Budget 0%
    2010 W. Piotrowski's Budget -.7%

This is a net of 3.1% over 5 years. About a .6% average. Averaging the last 4, it is about a -.7%.

As a member of the county legislature for 2 years, there were no tax increases.

Let me know if these numbers are wrong.

Just who are the real conservatives, who sent mailed this literature out for Meegan. If you google earth 4199 Lakeshore road Hamburg NY it turns out this literature was sent from Lakeside Funeral Home. Ralph Lorigo, Walsh and Meegan are really reaching going back 9 years and still not getting the facts right. If you want to see a tax increase attend the West Seneca Town Board Meeting 10/26/15 at 7:00 PM . Meegan ,Hart and Henley are proposing a tax increase iwhich will result in every town resident losing a rebate check from the state. Orchard Park,Hamburg,Lancaster and 34 other towns and villages will receive a rebate check

Another thing to keep in mind - Bove was merely a board member at the time of any votes 1 out of 5 voting members. Meegan on the other hand is the one that proposed the budgets with the tax increases in them.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    Another thing to keep in mind - Bove was merely a board member at the time of any votes 1 out of 5 voting members. Meegan on the other hand is the one that proposed the budgets with the tax increases in them.

How did she vote each time the budget came up to vote?

Quote Originally Posted by SOMETHING SMELLS View Post
    Just who are the real conservatives, who sent mailed this literature out for Meegan. If you google earth 4199 Lakeshore road Hamburg NY it turns out this literature was sent from Lakeside Funeral Home. Ralph Lorigo, Walsh and Meegan are really reaching going back 9 years and still not getting the facts right. If you want to see a tax increase attend the West Seneca Town Board Meeting 10/26/15 at 7:00 PM . Meegan ,Hart and Henley are proposing a tax increase iwhich will result in every town resident losing a rebate check from the state. Orchard Park,Hamburg,Lancaster and 34 other towns and villages will receive a rebate check

They did this last year also (voted to go over the cap), so no rebate check in 2016 based on a article on wben....the 2016 budget will kill the rebate checks for 2017.

This town board is lazy and they don't want to make cuts at ALL...they just trim here and there but never enough to LOWER your tax bill any meaningful amount. Then they will pat themselves on the back thinking they did a good job.

Wait until the town starts reassessing....and they will because the price of housing is appreciating...Tax payers in West Seneca and Cheektowaga need to REVOLT!! before it gets any worst!

75% of the budget is dictated. 15% is mandated. 10% is left. School taxes are what is killing the town. Town board has nothing to do with school tax which most don't know. Meegan, Bove, Bin Laden, you or I, it really doesn't matter. This town is a joke. I just think with Bove at the helm it will be the worst it's ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    75% of the budget is dictated. 15% is mandated. 10% is left. School taxes are what is killing the town. Town board has nothing to do with school tax which most don't know. Meegan, Bove, Bin Laden, you or I, it really doesn't matter. This town is a joke. I just think with Bove at the helm it will be the worst it's ever been.
    I am not including school taxes. How is the budget dictated? This is not the County Budget with its unfunded mandates from the State Leg.

How much can be saved by tighter auditing of claims before they are paid? This was a deficiency in the last 2 audits performed by OSC.

How much can be saved with proper time-management of employees to reduce overtime expenses?

How much can be saved by implementing some form of process improvement methodologies in how the Town performs certain functions?

Explain how 37 other Town and villages manage stay within the mandates. I quess Hamburg, Orchard Park, Lancaster and 34 other Town and Village Boards know how to control their spending and keep taxes lower then West Seneca's Board(Meegan,Hart and Henley) If they can not do the job time for someone who can!

Thread Information