Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will SolarCity start installing solar panels on top of it's manufacturing plant?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

When will SolarCity start installing solar panels on top of it's manufacturing plant?

When will SolarCity start installing solar panels on top of it's manufacturing plant? Roof looks rather flat without issues of shade.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...plode-20150929

With walls up and roof on, interior work will triple current workforce

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Taxpayer-backed solar plant actually a carbon polluter

Taxpayer-backed solar plant actually a carbon polluter

Even as the Obama administration announces another $120 million in grants to boost solar energy, new reports indicate a centerpiece of the administration's green-energy effort is actually a carbon polluter.

Located in Southern California's Mojave Desert, the $2.2 billion Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System benefited from a $1.6 billion Energy Department loan guarantee, and a $539 million Treasury Department stimulus grant to help pay off the loan.

Yet it is producing carbon emissions at nearly twice the amount that compels power plants and companies to participate in the state's cap-and-trade program.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...?intcmp=hplnws

Not sure about the plant but they are building a solar farm in Buffalo on a landfill - http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...dfill-20151019

California-based SolarCity, by the end of 2016, will install about 8,500 solar panels on about 10 acres in the eastern portion of the landfill, which closed in the late 1980s. Also part of the deal is a purchase agreement calling for the town to buy power from SolarCity at a cost of $0.065 per kilowatt hour in the first year of the 20-year agreement. There’s no cost to the town for the photovoltaic system, and officials expect the deal to offset the town’s annual electric bill of $2 million by about $183,000.

There’s no cost to the town for the photovoltaic system, and officials expect the deal to offset the town’s annual electric bill of $2 million by about $183,000.

The town is making use of incentives from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority available to municipalities that install a photovoltaic system, Jones said.
    There is cost to the town as well as all of us in NY, no?.... "incentives from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority."
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Another Mayday! for SolarCity

I wrote a post back in October about SolarCity’s mounting losses and falling stock price that carried the headline “SolarCity: Mayday! Mayday!”

My post was prompted by a record loss in the third quarter that sent the company’s stock price down to $38 a share.

SolarCity yesterday reported another huge loss for the fourth quarter that resulted in a year-end loss totaling $710 million. As in almost three-quarters of a billion dollars.

The stock market responded by dumping SolarCity shares, dropping the price to $26.35 at the close of trading Tuesday. Things went from bad to worse overnight Tuesday and again Wednesday, when the stock closed at $18.52.
    http://www.investigativepost.org/201...for-solarcity/

I guess people have short memories - this same company was being investigated by the Feds when they came here. They have a track record of building and failing at this type venture. Obama financed them last time and they failed - Cuomo stuck our necks out this time !

Well time will tell where this one ends up !

According to company officials, "China is dumping solar panels into the market hurting their prospects"

How many times lately have we seen the "Global Market" experiment mess with our markets. The DOW and S&P and other aspects of Wall Street are being manipulated by China and Japan. One Japanese investor claims to have made $51MILLION dollars by "Short Selling" on our S&P. (No I have no idea how that works) - Google it !
    Last edited by 4248; February 11th, 2016 at 12:23 AM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Maybe when Il Duce decides to pay the contractors on the site. House of cards, folks, house of cards.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I hope it happens. Would be a shame to see our stolen money be completely wasted on an empty shell of a building.

Thinking about it that is how I view it. "Albany" stole tax money from the tax payer to give to this project. Yes some people will benefit but in the end most do not. I'm pretty sure the politically connected lawyers lined their pockets rather well.

You see the scam the local IDA's play. The more the incentive package is the more their cut is. Let us say they skim 2% off the incentive package. $750,000,000 X .02 = $15,000,000. You can easily retire on that.

I thought all these Democrats were against corporate welfare. What happened?

Nationwide taxpayers have given Elon Musk over $ 5 Billion in handouts. Outrageous!
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I missed this article from July

Elon Musk is a total fraud

One disastrous tweet has finally revealed Elon Musk for what he is: a fraud.

Enraged that a British cave diver called his idea to rescue the Thai soccer team for what it was — “a p.r. stunt [with] absolutely no chance of working” — Musk took to Twitter and called him a “pedo.”

Just like that, Tesla’s market value plummeted by $2 billion.
    https://nypost.com/2018/07/21/elon-m...a-total-fraud/

Finally, the SEC is investigating this outfit. Musks comment about taking Tesla private and having funding secured to do it turned out to be completely false. The SEC takes rather a dim view of material misstatements like that and the subpoenas are flying. Also, it seems the SEC has been investigating for months Musks statements about the production of crappy cars they try to turn out. Seems there are questions about whether the statements were meant to mislead investors and cover up its truly horrendous production record. Apologists are always talking about his cars and solar panels protecting the environment. One thing seems to be clear...the batteries in his cars, once ignited, apparently burn forever. At least they’ve produced that. Be interesting to see what those pedos at SEC end up doing.

I just read Musk’s interview with the always sympathetic and supportive NY Times. So poor Elan had to work on his birthday. Life is an absolute bitch, people. Since I’ve been in the workforce I’ve worked on every birthday of mine that wasn’t a Saturday or a Sunday. And on he’s on Ambien because life is so hard. At the same time people in the firm are wondering if the Ambien is the cause of the farce going on inside the company as it tries mightily to do what a host of companies around the world do every week....build a few cars. I suppose the people successfully producing cars in those other companies are a bunch of pedos.

Maybe the Ambien walrus is running the company LOL
    https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/ambien-walrus
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Have the ambien walrus and Elon Musk ever been seen together?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You guys don't know the stress business can cause a person. You mock him about Ambien but 1000's of people work for him and it's his responsibility to keep the company going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information