Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When will SolarCity start installing solar panels on top of it's manufacturing plant?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    You guys don't know the stress business can cause a person. You mock him about Ambien but 1000's of people work for him and it's his responsibility to keep the company going.
    WNY, you really think being a pill head will enable him to keep the company going? Reading between the lines, sounds like some on his board believe it. And you know nothing about my business experiences so you’re in no position to speculate about what I know about business stress. I’ve had plenty of stressful days, as does most anyone in a position of responsibility. Unlike Musk, I never had a board of directors made up mostly of family and friends covering my every whack job move and I never popped pills as a hobby to help me through the day. And, unlike Musk, I never had a pipeline to millions in federal handouts that I could spread around to cover my ass and help settle my nerves!! So spare me about what a tough life he has. In the end, his stress is caused by running a company that makes products that nobody wants (solar panels) or that his company has proven completely able to produce (piece of **** cars).

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    In the end, his stress is caused by running a company that makes products that nobody wants (solar panels) or that his company has proven completely able to produce (piece of **** cars).
    I think the correct phrasing is most can't afford his solar panels even though they want them and his company is incapable of manufacturing the cars that are highly rated and that people want.

I think Musk is a visionary and his biggest problem is he doesn't have a counterpart to build his vision.

Steve Jobs had Steve Wozniak until 1985 then had Jony Ive and Tim Cook until he passed. Jobs had the vision, Ive created the design and Cook made sure it was manufactured. Bill Gates had Paul Allen and then Steve Ballmer. Gates and Allen created the first wave of products but it was Ballmer who put Windows on most every desktop in the 80s and 90s. Hell, Carnegie had Frick. At the end of the day the challenge with Tesla as a company is that it's all about ideas and little in execution. I think Musk is horrible at execution.

Because of this, I love the idea of Apple purchasing Tesla. Musk needs someone like Tim Cook or really a competent operations arm that exists at a company like Apple. It's not going to happen but it would be amazing if it did.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Apple buying Telsa would be something.

I have no doubt it's way more stress than many people can handle, but ambien has a reputation for odd side effects.
    Ambien side effects plus stress would be a double whammy
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I have no doubt it's way more stress than many people can handle, but ambien has a reputation for odd side effects.
    Ambien side effects plus stress would be a double whammy
    I agree with that. I was just pointing out that there are people in business that are under stress.

So Tesla is again stringing us along about the production of the mystical (mythical?) solar panels that look like actual roofing material. Does anyone actually really know anything about these things other than the crappola spread by Musk and his parrots at ESDC? That whole solar panel thing was a scam on consumers. As more and more attorneys general out west began to investigate, Musk announced a new “financing program”. It was simple, make consumers borrow from third party lenders instead of Tesla. That way, screwed purchasers could no longer get some leverage by withholding payment to Tesla for failure to deliver a product that worked, for misleading purchasers about “savings” from solar systems, and the host of other crooked tricks they used. Instead, people who install this junk on their homes now have to borrow from independent banks who often take second mortgages on property. If a consumer stops paying the bank it’s goodbye house. And profits at Pillhead, Inc. fell dramatically in the 4th quarter of last year. Par for the course. He should announce that he’s developed a perpetual motion machine and hit Il Douche up for another 3/4 of a billion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information