Thread: Gas powered anything - ethanol is killing your engines

Gas powered anything - ethanol is killing your engines

The Future of Ethanol in Our Fuel

Smarter Fuel Future, “Inconvenient Facts” campaign Kicks off today.

Today the Smarter Fuel Future coalition kicks off an eight week campaign to combat The Renewable Fuel Standard. (RFS) is a USA federal program that requires transportation fuel sold in the U.S. to contain a minimum volume of renewable fuels. The RFS originated with the Energy Policy Act of 2005 and was expanded and extended by the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA).

“Inconvenient Facts” is a multi-platform issue education and advocacy campaign focused on spotlighting the federal ethanol mandate’s harmful environmental impacts.

The campaign is aimed at elevating and informing a fact and science-based discussion about the serious and deleterious environmental impacts that the RFS has created since the policy was put into place a decade ago. This effort brings broadcast, print and digital formats together to create a powerful message that the RFS is a broken system. NMMS alongside the American Council for Capital Formation (ACCF) and the National Council of Chain Restaurants (NCCR) supported the campaign. Expect to see broadcast ads on D.C. area affiliates including ABC, NBC, Fox, CBS as well as CNBC, CNN, ESPN, and MSNBC. Digital ads will see placement in the Washington Post, Washington Examiner, POLITICO, The Hill, Congressional Quarterly/Roll Cal, National Jounral, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, USA Today and Drudge.

------------------------------------------------------
    Ethanol causes corrosion in the entire fuel system metal parts, causes moister to gather in fuel tanks, erodes rubber fuel lines, lowers octane.

Many owners put multiple other fuel additives in to counter act the negative effects - that's just putting more chemicals into our environment.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

It destroyed the fuel line in my string trimmer. A few places locally sell ethanol free premium. I might start using that in my equipment
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    People told me not to use ethanol in my chain saw, mower or any gas power tools.

The ethanol in the gas separates and settles in the tank/container after time. The longer it sits the more moisture and contaminate it collects.

After prolonged resting - then we start it up and suck in all the bad stuff.

In boats it rotts aluminum and steel fuel tanks, as well as fuel lines.

Lets hope they can reduce or remove it soon !

it also gets less MPG in cars
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

One of my buds put the new gas in his 67 mustang - after two years of summer use only - new gas tank and filters. Every little bit of gunk, scale and so forth got sucked into his motor. Next probable step will be rings !

Most newer cars have plastic tanks - so if your driving a older car and its seasonal use or even a RV or boat - be careful to not leave that fuel sit to long ! Check your snow blowers and generators if you have one before the bad weather hits !

Thread Information