Thread: Speak up belongs to the Trolls.

Thumbs down Speak up belongs to the Trolls.

I wonder if anyone has noticed that there are about 6 people who are the only ones criticizing everyone else who posts here on speakup. I personally have given up posting for all I get is nasty remarks from these trolls. Yes you 6 or so know who you are. Just look at all the responses at beginning page and you see all the same names. Well congratulations trolls you have ruined a once great way for area residents to put forth their views. Now it is a site for you trolls to look for outsiders trying to say something so you can cut them down. I know the 6 of you will have something to say about me saying this. WNY#1 community forum has turned into a private forum of 6 . I blame the moderator for this, he should have had better control over the trolls. bye bye.

Its to bad you feel that way - you have 200 posts:

Political fighting? Does anyone know what is going on with the Island elections?
    I am not criticizing the super but again in the... I am not criticizing the super but again in the Island Dispatch last friday
    Superintendent on the carpet? Announced this week superintendent T Lawrence will not get a extension on her contract
    Is it true Jack Eichel uses a extra long hockey stick?
    Silver gets more guilty everytime there is another article on him.
    Rex Ryan To Coach The Bills
    Steve Pigeon on wben morning show, what a dance...
    Is it true that the members of the democratic party are less intelligent than the republican party
    school board problems - HAMBURG, N.Y.
    Actually I put biggest blame on the schools failing squarely on the heads of parents.

So, tell us - Who's attacking/trolling you ?
    Just askin ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

"troll" is a term people use when they don't like what someone else posts and they can't articulate an intelligent reasoned response, or they are too immature to simply ignore what someone else might posts.

It sounds to me like what you want is a personal blog that only you and people who agree with you can deposit posts.

This is a forum, where people who think that something you post is stupid can say "I think that is stupid."

The REAL trolls on a forum like this are the people who whine that those who don't agree with them are "trolls".

Ha ha you were right Twain. So twain had postings over 3 yrs, what does that mean.4248 you must have too much time on your hands to collect his or her postings. I quess he learned this forum is run by all you nutcases. good call twain. No gods you have been whining for yrs now,.

Quote Originally Posted by twain View Post
    I wonder if anyone has noticed that there are about 6 people who are the only ones criticizing everyone else who posts here on speakup. I personally have given up posting for all I get is nasty remarks from these trolls. Yes you 6 or so know who you are. Just look at all the responses at beginning page and you see all the same names. Well congratulations trolls you have ruined a once great way for area residents to put forth their views. Now it is a site for you trolls to look for outsiders trying to say something so you can cut them down. I know the 6 of you will have something to say about me saying this. WNY#1 community forum has turned into a private forum of 6 . I blame the moderator for this, he should have had better control over the trolls. bye bye.
    6, you say? Let me think about this...

i wouldnt call them "trolls" but they are dominate posters and a$$ holey at times.

1. 4248
    2. NoGods
    3. cheekman

That's who I see so far. Who else belongs on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post

i wouldnt call them "trolls" but they are dominate posters and a$$ holey at times.

1. 4248
    2. NoGods
    3. cheekman

If I don't make this list...I am going to be upset.

It's an online forum where the only thing that should matter is what you think. There are many posters on here that I do not agree with anything they say. But each time I engage with them I learn something. I either learn something that alters my position or I learn something that reinforces my position. This happens because I like the back and forth here.

There are a few that can do a back and forth with facts or at least back up their point of view....at times. Then there are those who can't even back up their line of thinking. I think this is because they just can't be bothered to peel the onion back.

Quote Originally Posted by twain View Post
    You need a little sense of humor and a little thicker skin there Spanky. Who did this to you....? Lionel Ritchey?

I truly appreciate all the votes for me - Thanks to all the little people who have made this possible !

4248 MUCH LUV - LUV !

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    It's an online forum where the only thing that should matter is what you think. There are many posters on here that I do not agree with anything they say. But each time I engage with them I learn something. I either learn something that alters my position or I learn something that reinforces my position. This happens because I like the back and forth here.

There are a few that can do a back and forth with facts or at least back up their point of view....at times. Then there are those who can't even back up their line of thinking. I think this is because they just can't be bothered to peel the onion back.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Don't cry...you made my list.....

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    Don't cry...you made my list.....

I'm not. Sadly, you didn't make mine. Sorry, not sorry, for the utter lack of respect for your opinion.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    It sounds to me like what you want is a personal blog that only you and people who agree with you can deposit posts.

This is a forum, where people who think that something you post is stupid can say "I think that is stupid."

I don't think people know that there is a difference between a true blog versus a forum. You could sort of say that speakup is a community blog because any person can start up a topic of their choice for the most part. A lot of blogs are controlled by one blogger and they pick the starting topics.

OH - so that's why Nogods is still here - shucks !

Hum, a little spice in the morning.

Attachment 4505
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Why, even the humble Grump has been accused of being a troll on SUWNY. Who cares. Post away! Some comments make more sense than others. There's a surprise. Anyone ever listen to Obama speak? Talk about confusion!

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post

1. 4248
    2. NoGods
    3. cheekman

WOW.. come on buf im surprised.. go bills.. I love speakup...
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Thread Information