Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Political fighting?

I seen this posted this week in Island Dispatch facebook , "In this week Dispatch the article on search for new school superintendent has many unanswered questions. All 6 present board members are in favor of replacing Ms Lawrence. No reason as to why. I believe us residents and especially parents have a right to know what went wrong with Ms Lawrence. Was she doing something ethically wrong? Morally wrong? What? A Lee Cohen wants us to believe there is some sort of conspiracy by 3 new members of the BOE to get rid of her due to some union reason.Yet Lee does not say why all 6 members present decided to get rid of her. Ms Lawrence says in the article that she has encouraged public participation . Well I personally disagree with that statement. A previous BOE member Emily started a facebook page for residents to participate in school related articles . It was a great way for us residents to put forth our opinion on school agendas. But it seems some residents disagreed with some school policies like during the 2nd amendment fiasco and posed their disgust on this facebook page. Then some person put on this facebook page how during a joint session of the BOE and the town board about a year ago that the 2nd amendment people who attended the meeting were told by Ms Lawrence they would not be able to speak for no speakers allowed at this joint session . Yet when the 2nd amendment people left the meeting Ms Lawrence allowed some young woman to speak about forming a gay/lesbian club at the high school . This I agree was wrong of Ms Lawrence.This incident was also put on the facebook page. Not long after this the facebook page was eliminated. Is this promoting public participation? There are just too many unanswered questions for us residents and parents to just ignore. Come clean BOE and let us know what is going on?" What in the world is going on with the Island ? First political fighting now firing the school superintendent. Normally nothing goes on now 2 major issues.

Quote Originally Posted by twain View Post
    I seen this posted this week in Island Dispatch facebook , "In this week Dispatch the article on search for new school superintendent has many unanswered questions. All 6 present board members are in favor of replacing Ms Lawrence. No reason as to why. I believe us residents and especially parents have a right to know what went wrong with Ms Lawrence. Was she doing something ethically wrong?

Morally wrong? What? A Lee Cohen wants us to believe there is some sort of conspiracy by 3 new members of the BOE to get rid of her due to some union reason.Yet Lee does not say why all 6 members present decided to get rid of her. Ms Lawrence says in the article that she has encouraged public participation .

Well I personally disagree with that statement. A previous BOE member Emily started a facebook page for residents to participate in school related articles . It was a great way for us residents to put forth our opinion on school agendas. But it seems some residents disagreed with some school policies like during the 2nd amendment fiasco and posed their disgust on this facebook page.

Then some person put on this facebook page how during a joint session of the BOE and the town board about a year ago that the 2nd amendment people who attended the meeting were told by Ms Lawrence they would not be able to speak for no speakers allowed at this joint session .

Yet when the 2nd amendment people left the meeting Ms Lawrence allowed some young woman to speak about forming a gay/lesbian club at the high school . This I agree was wrong of Ms Lawrence.This incident was also put on the facebook page. Not long after this the facebook page was eliminated. Is this promoting public participation? There are just too many unanswered questions for us residents and parents to just ignore.

Come clean BOE and let us know what is going on?" What in the world is going on with the Island ? First political fighting now firing the school superintendent. Normally nothing goes on now 2 major issues.
    the saddest part of this whole thread: you actually think your vote matters.

Do you have electronic voting machines in your district? How do you know those voting machines havent been compromised by the controlling party? Certificate? by who? and how can you as a voter gaurentee such company hasnt been compromised by a CASH payment? no record...

We gave up our old flip the switch voting method for these new computer voting methods.. how do know such is secure?

we dont, we have literally ZERO evidence such is secure.. so and so will claim independant reveiw of the source code, but damnit, the source code is protected under the DMCA... so even if X company found a glaring problem with such source code, they are prohibitted by federal law - read prison time... to expose such...

until we switch back to the old style voting system where we give seniors something to do (count votes) one can only assume all elections are fixed, thus a FRAUD and everything else is a pony show.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information