Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: In defense of a maligned Joe Brainard

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Now, to specifically address your questions Breezy. Taking each in turn:

Yes, I contributed to Brainard and Sugg. A total of $90. I spend that much on aspirin each week after reading your garbage. My wife and I also donate to charities previously mentioned. You chose to diminish and demean those charities, which include the Food Bank of Western New York. I guess you got it in for Food Banks and Pantries.

The issue of the Food Pantry did not become a concern until the resignation of the Director was published in the paper. That resignation raised my wife's level of concern. In any event, what does a contribution have to do with my concern for the Pantry? A party hack like you would be the only one to try to spin that into an issue. Without regard to the FOIL or the Food Pantry issue, I reserve the right to exercise my 1st Amendment rights. Do you advocate to the contrary?

After the issue became a concern, for reasons specified above, I filed the FOIL to determine facts, not to "open my mouth" and shoot from the hip with incomplete information and in so doing, transforming unsupported suspicion into accusation. We draw conclusions based on facts, not gossip or spin.

Without regard to your convoluted hypothetical verbal exchange between Sugg and myself, your reference to the Trinity Food Pantry as a A SOUP KITCHEN is OFFENSIVE. That term degrades the patrons, which include single parent moms, children, married women and men, the elderly, and other conventional and non-conventional family entities struggling to overcome adverse situations in order to insure a stable quality of life for their family. I GUESS THOSE WOMEN, CHILDREN, THOSE FAMILIES AND THE ELDERY DON'T COUNT. Just Dawn Gaczewski's election matters. Your political spin is shameless.

The FOIL was filed to trace the paper trail and cash flow. Absent that trail, it would, and in some ways does, remain a mystery.

Your focus on Ms. Gaczewski's political status has nothing to do with the Food Pantry. Rather, it is a clear reflection of your purpose on here: To spin Dawn Gaczewski out of a situation which you consider to constitute a threat to her electoral chances. The Food Pantry issue resides in the realm of concern for the community's general welfare and the lifting of the human condition. Your concerns, as illustrated by your own words, are confined to your inside-ball view of the political climate of the current campaign, and you communicate them through the eyes of a political operative. YOU and DAWN have POLITICIZED the FOOD PANTRY issue, not my wife or myself. "Dawn is headed for victory," the Food Pantry issue is "a molehill," "Dawn is the only women for Council.." "Dawn is the front runner.." ALL your quotes BREEZY; all POLITICALLY SELF-SERVING FOR DAWN GACZEWSKI.

You worry my TOTAL $90. contribution. You must have spent that much on the taxpayers, writing your crap on their time.

Oh Breezy, you are leveled FALSE charges about the FOIL being "political?" How about Dawn Gaczewski apparently acting hand-in-hand with complicit Village Board members, leved unsupported, opinion-based charges, and FALSE statements, from the sanctity of the Village Board room, against TWO PRIVATE CITZENS, in an obvious retaliation against both for filing a FOIL. EVEN IF, the FOIL where politically motivated, and it WAS NOT, take a look the rulings of New York State Court of Appeals in two cases, Matter of Westchester Rockland Newspapers v. Kimball, and Farbman V. New York City.

Also, I direct your attention to the advisory opinion of the Committee On Open Government, a subdivision of the NYS Department of State. The combined court cases and the advisory opinion speaks to the issue of retaliation regarding FOIL requests:

"FOIL does not require that the party requesting records make any showing of need, good faith or legitimate purpose; while its purpose may be to shed light on government decision-making, its ambit is not confined to records actually used in the decision-making process. (Matter of Westchester Rockland Newspapers v. Kimball, 50 NY2d 575, 581.) Full disclosure by public agencies is, under FOIL, a public right and in the public interest, irrespective of the status or need of the person making the request" [Farbman v. New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation, 62 NY 2d 75, 80 (1984)].

Farbman pertained to a situation in which a person involved in litigation against an agency requested records from that agency under the Freedom of Information Law. In brief, it was found that one's status as a litigant had no effect upon that person's right as a member of the public when using the Freedom of Information Law, irrespective of the intended use of the records.

In short, records may be available or deniable in whole or in part, not based on the interest, intended use or motivation of the person seeking them, but rather based on the provisions of §87(2) of the Freedom of Information Law. That provision reflects that statute’s presumption of access, directing that all agency records be made available, except those records or portions thereof that fall within one or more of the grounds for denial of access appearing in paragraphs (a) through (j).

Lastly, while I am not an expert on the subject, I would conjecture that the initiation of a retaliation charge due to the assertion of the right to request and obtain records under the Freedom of Information Law might give rise to a valid cause of action under the federal Civil Rights Act.

Breezy, this election is going to end on November 3. The Constitutional rights of my wife and I, I pray, will be alive and well on November 4. Take that anyway you want.

Nice shot private contractor Dawn Gaczewski and VOL Board!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 5th, 2015 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post

Despite the fact that Joseph Brainard's financial dealings and unseemly legal entanglements certainly DO tell me the whole story - in that such bad fiscal behavior and "using the law" as part of your business plan (much like Donald Trump's many bankruptcies and Dino Fudoli's many property tax schemes) are EXHIBIT A in why such a person is wholly unfit to serve the public in any elected position.

It's plain as day to me:
    Joseph Brainard's numerous fiscal legal entanglements are an issue!!! How could they not be???

BLAZEJEWSKI CONFLICTED OUT - Blazejewski Charade Exposed!!!

Mr. Chowaniec continues to tout moronic thinking such as that offered by Mark Blazejewski in his defense of Mr. Brainard, yet, the more you look into Mark Blazejewski, the more you see that his support for Mr. Brainard, and his attacks on Dawn G. are without any credibility whatsoever.

I think that his attacks on this fine, strong and courageous woman may havebeen planned all along.

Mr. Blazejewski joins SPEAKUP WNY and acts as some kind ofinnocent citizen, akin to a Bambi type citizen, concerned about the future of the Town, and he extols the virtues of Joseph Brainard. Mr. Blazejewski further brings to readers' attention the fact that the food pantry he volunteers for was affected by the late arrival of money from the Village of Lancaster that had been raised months earlier for the charity. (Of course Russell Sugg is on the board of the village and did absolutely NOTHING to help the situation, except attack his opponent).

Why?

Because
    Mark Blazejewski was supporting Joseph Brainard and Russell Sugg all along, with campaign cash, and here's some proof:

And more:

So, Mark Blazejewski is funding Mr. Sugg’s campaign, this past May 11, 2015, and he goes on the attack against Dawn G. in September????

Mr. Blazejewski pumps campaign cash into the train wreck Friends of Joe Brainard campaign – and this man wants people to believe that he is not involvedwith both?

PLEASE!!!

If you’re going to
    Mr. Sugg’s fundraiser in May, chatting it up with the GOP candidates and probably with campaign operatives, as well, it does not take a rocket scientist to pronounce that YOU ARE CONFLICTED OUT.

Had the Metro Source and Lancaster Bee did their job and saw this conflict of interest on the part of
    Mark Blazejewski, those two articles would never have seen the light of day.

Total farce and shame on you
    Mark Blazejewski.

Nevertheless, your timing is absolutely impeccable,
    Mark Blazejewski, LOL.

Your sham story hit with great timing (NOT), just days after your pal
    Joseph Brainard was dumped by Conservative Party voters (rightfully so) and too early for the November general election.

Not only are you conflicted out because you are funding both GOP council candidates' campaigns, your timing is just terrible!

HaHaHa!

Did catch this: isquoting me again, I never said I volunteered for the Food Pantry; I said we support the Food Pantry. Open your eyes!

He's getting better at least he didn't call it a Soup Kitchen. Maybe your wearing him down and he's starting to see things your way

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Rather be an attack dog than Dino's lap dog! Just saying.
    Lap dog? From what I've heard, Dino likes that sort of thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen Logan View Post
    Hi Kristen Logan,
    Welcome to Speakup. I find your statement (sorry) inappropriate and unnecessary. However, this seems similar to what happened to D,G & B.S.

"dog" or "Dance".Just funnin'. Not being serious people.

Georgia L Schlager

Kind of a bold statement for a first time poster and someone not from Lancaster your profile says you reside in Clarence Not taking you long to jump into the mud slinging.

Come on now folks - maybe the Supervisor likes them little fu fu dogs - I do - my Mom has two !

All the Lan Mud slinging making people jumpy ???????????
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Hi Kristen Logan,
    Welcome to Speakup. I find your statement (sorry) inappropriate and unnecessary. However, this seems similar to what happened to D,G & B.S.
    Jesus, lighten up. It was a joke. I found the comment funny, that's all.

Poor Ted. I never realized how rough his life has been.
    Erie County legislator admits to debt-disclosure error
    Erie County Legislator Ted Morton admitted Monday that he previously misstated the amount of debt he owed to creditors after he was elected to office two years ago, piling onto an already troubled financial history for the Republican lawmaker.

The former financial planner, who has since sold his business and Cheektowaga home to pay off outstanding debts, is running for re-election in a tight race for the 8th District, which could decide whether the Legislature stays in Republican hands or reverts to Democratic control.

Morton said that on his 2013 financial disclosure form, he mistakenly said he owed no more than $25,000 in outstanding debts to a single creditor when, in fact, he fact he owed about a total of $90,000 in debts to three different creditors.

“I didn’t realize until I got a copy of this a few days ago that I had made that mistake,” Morton said, adding, “All of the debts that I had from my practice have all been paid off as of today. Every penny, plus interest, has been repaid to everybody.”

He further described his past 2˝ years as “horrendous” and said he’s worked hard to meet all his obligations and put the past behind him.

Morton ran afoul of industry rules by borrowing about $315,000 from seven of his clients, with their agreement, between 2009 and 2012. This was considered an ethical breach by the Financial Industry Regulatory Agency. In August 2013, the agency fined Morton $5,000 and suspended him from acting as a financial planner for six months. Morton also was fired as a contractor with LPL Financial.

County Democratic leaders looking for an edge over Morton in this year’s election examined redacted financial disclosure forms from the Erie County Board of Ethics and said his list of creditors – he listed only one in 2013 – defied belief and warranted an investigation.

In explaining how he paid off his creditors, many of whom were family members and friends, Morton said he never owed $315,000 all at once, but rather paid off some older debts while acquiring new ones. Once his license to work as a financial planner was restored in March 2014, he sold off his list of clients and used the proceeds to help pay off his remaining creditors, he said. His wife also worked until last year and helped him pay debts.

When he filled out his 2013 financial disclosure form, he said, he misunderstood the instructions and wrote down the single debt he had remaining at the time he filled out the paperwork instead of all the debts he had for the entire year. He further said his 2014 financial disclosure form, which also listed only one remaining creditor, is accurate. That debt was paid off in monthly installments and cleared as of September, he said.

Though Morton’s campaign bio describes him as a “self-employed financial planner,” his sole job is currently that of county legislator. He expects to close on the sale of his home in November and has moved into a mobile home to save money and pay off the last of his personal debts. He and his wife have made hard choices, paid debts, cut living expenses and are current on all personal bills, he said.

Morton faces Democratic challenger Debra Liegl for the 8th District seat, which includes Cheektowaga, Lancaster and Alden.
    On top of all that, he had those heath problems this winter.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Poor Ted. I never realized how rough his life has been.
    Erie County legislator admits to debt-disclosure error
    On top of all that, he had those heath problems this winter.
    I'm glad he wasn't my financial advisor. Key point giving financial advice Don't over extend borrow from family, apparently his investments didn't pay off. I don't know how the hell you can get so far behind the 8 ball and still want to be in public office where every mistake you have ever made comes to the surface. I really have a hard time believing be filled out those form wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Come on now folks - maybe the Supervisor likes them little fu fu dogs - I do - my Mom has two !

All the Lan Mud slinging making people jumpy ???????????
    Mud slinging is always fun as long as is fact based and you can back up your barb. How many people picked up on gorja link every time she adds to the forum. That's backed up with fact mudslinging. Actually its awesome.

Political decisions and "Personal Finance" are two worlds apart. Many people got clobbered in the markets - recently with the S&P crash and back in the last seven years as well with real-estate.

He's not alone - made some bad calls and paid for it. Most of us invest and hope those brokers and agents make sound calls. We have no true idea or involvement with the markets inner workings. How often do you hear of "Advisers/brokers" paying back people ? He did and restored his license. He moved into a trailer park to help conserve cash to pay debtors - I say Bravo !

Anyway - Political decisions don't come close to market decisions - they/Politicians mainly debate the use of tax dollars and where they should be allocated. They never have hands on cash to deal with - its almost all paper shuffling and trying to direct the flow for their constituents needs.

Many people attach way to much to what they perceive as a "Politicians Powers" - they work by general consensus ! "I vote yes, I vote no - this is why - that's why not"

They look at priority or need - too many are locked into their "Party's Agenda" and posturing ! Go online and look up the meeting minutes and meeting agenda's for the Erie County Legislative Meetings. Read the items and educate your self - then read how each person votes and reasons given - all to often it differs greatly from what's printed in the Bufnews or trash flier you find in your mail box or read online.

Not endorsing anyone - just my opinions ! How do you see it ?

WHAT - how does "MUD" become "Fact Slinging Mud" ?

Ted Morton has had a rough past few years including health issues. Never once has he skipped a beat-his standing as Legislature is exemplary.

Ted Morton has my vote!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread Information