Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Homemade family remedies

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    thanx dgrzeb. I have never heard of krupnik, but I will look into that for more info.

Merry Christmas dgrzeb and eat and be with family.
    Thank you Short, Merry Christmas to you & your loved ones too !!
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

For a sore throat:
    Mix
    1T Honey
    1T Lemon Juice
    1T Apple Cider Vinegar
    3T Water

Gargle and either spit or swallow. Every hour while awake.
    I have 3 kids in their 20's. I can count on one hand the number of times all 3 of them, combined, have been on antibiotics.

I will have to try this Krupnik For medicinal purposes
    Where can you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    For a sore throat:
    Mix
    1T Honey
    1T Lemon Juice
    1T Apple Cider Vinegar
    3T Water

I have 3 kids in their 20's. I can count on one hand the number of times all 3 of them, combined, have been on antibiotics.

Where can you get it?
    Mesue, Krupnik been used for years, all the Buffalo Broadway Fillmore taverns have it, Premier & the liquor store in the Clinton Roessler Plaza will carry it, cheers !!
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post
    Mesue, Krupnik been used for years, all the Buffalo Broadway Fillmore taverns have it, Premier & the liquor store in the Clinton Roessler Plaza will carry it, cheers !!
    I'm there! Thank you.
    Wikipedia says it's sweet and that it has up to 50 different herbs. So, is it herby sweet? Or medicinal tasting?

I'm there! Thank you.
    Wikipedia says it's sweet and that it has up to 50 different herbs. So, is it herby sweet? Or medicinal tasting?
    It's a mstly honey based vodka, Polish by tradition, some say from Lithuania.... I think depending on "shelf life", at first it's sweeter, then a little medicine like, but a shot a day, soothes the throat, your tummy, your BP, just about everything, I can't find it at Premier? I bought mt last bottle at Valu Liquors in the Clinton Roessler Plaza as I remember, not a big drinker, so I still have most of it, but will do a shot if sniffles or sore throat starts to cone on, seems to work, along with double dose of Vitamin D3!!

It's a mstly honey based vodka, Polish by tradition, some say from Lithuania.... I think depending on "shelf life", at first it's sweeter, then a little medicine like, but a shot a day, soothes the throat, your tummy, your BP, just about everything, I can't find it at Premier? I bought mt last bottle at Valu Liquors in the Clinton Roessler Plaza as I remember, not a big drinker, so I still have most of it, but will do a shot if sniffles or sore throat starts to cone on, seems to work, along with double dose of Vitamin D3!!
    Awesome stuff, this is one of my hunts to look for this. I also drink flat coke if my stomach gets upset. I usually helps. It works best when room temp.

Also for an onset of a cold, I just pop those vitamin c drops from Vicks. Three of four a day and by the third day~~no cold or sore throat.

For a sore throat:
    Mix
    1T Honey
    1T Lemon Juice
    1T Apple Cider Vinegar
    3T Water

Where can you get it?
    mesue this sounds good, I love honey. Never thought to mix it with vinegar. I will try that. I use the vinegar in my salads...

Have a Merry Christmas mesue.

Have a Merry Christmas mesue.
    a blessed and merry Christmas to you too shortstuff

Town Park Liquor
    ★★★★☆ 1 Review
    Write a Review

716-897-0665
    2551 Harlem Rd Buffalo, NY 14225

Just found out this place still carries "real" Krupnik, I haven't been able to contact the Valu Liquor store to see if they still do, but no Polish home while growing up didn't have it for medicinal purposes, I still swear by it..... Merry Christmas & happy Holidays all !!

Town Park Liquor
    ★★★★☆ 1 Review
    Write a Review

716-897-0665

Just found out this place still carries "real" Krupnik, I haven't been able to contact the Valu Liquor store to see if they still do, but no Polish home while growing up didn't have it for medicinal purposes, I still swear by it..... Merry Christmas & happy Holidays all !!
    Thank you

Town Park Liquor
    ★★★★☆ 1 Review
    Write a Review

716-897-0665

thanx dgrzeb

for fungus of the toe nail? I could be wrong was it milk of magnesia (sp)?
    Believe it or not, but Vicks works for the nail fungus. Just apply to nail 2x's a day. It will take a bit of time, but you will love the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    Believe it or not, but Vicks works for the nail fungus. Just apply to nail 2x's a day. It will take a bit of time, but you will love the outcome.
    Thanks cath, my daughter has toenail fungus, and they want her on meds for it. I will tell her about this. What a relief that would be for her. Her big toe nail is gross. Poor thing. My kids are giants, and she has giant feet. So her shoe size is almost a ten. One foot is smaller than the other. Her middle toe is actually bigger than her big toe. Don't look at the nick name shortstuff, we are actually giants in our family.

Thanks cath, my daughter has toenail fungus, and they want her on meds for it. I will tell her about this. What a relief that would be for her. Her big toe nail is gross. Poor thing. My kids are giants, and she has giant feet. So her shoe size is almost a ten. One foot is smaller than the other. Her middle toe is actually bigger than her big toe. Don't look at the nick name shortstuff, we are actually giants in our family.
    I took that medicine many years ago. It never worked & probably damaged my liver (they say it does). Use the Vicks. It may take a little longer but they say it works.

Quote Originally Posted by anyones neighbor View Post
    I always watch the Dr. Oz show and the other day he called a woman from the audience that had "smelly feet". He smelled them and really looked like they were pretty rank. Anyway, he had her soak her feet in a tub of black tea. I think he said you have to do it for so long, so many days but it def works.
    Here's his website. Have fun.
    http://ask.doctoroz.com
    OK...I'm waiting for the episode of the woman with the smelly...you know what...

Will Dr. Oz take a big whiff? Will he suggest she soak it something?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information