Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Homemade family remedies

Hey what remedy would work

for fungus of the toe nail? I could be wrong was it milk of magnesia (sp)?

Domestic, love the chopping wood idea. I am all for outdoors for children and adults. Cold air does not cause colds. Today parents don't allow their children to go outdoors anymore, now with christmas and all those Wii games, I am sure less outdoors. I bought my grandson a sled, I hope he uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post

Domestic, love the chopping wood idea. I am all for outdoors for children and adults. Cold air does not cause colds. Today parents don't allow their children to go outdoors anymore, now with christmas and all those Wii games, I am sure less outdoors. I bought my grandson a sled, I hope he uses it.
    Sleds are fun. I was having my kids throw snowballs at the shed. I have a lot of good indoor activities that burn energy too (no wii needed!). We just bought a new couch a few months ago and i kept the old one for fun and games with the kids. It's amazing what you can do with an old couch, although I don't know how safe it is.

Here is a remedy for skin blemishes, toothpaste with bleach. It helps with pimple swelling and bleaches the skin so it's not so red.

Frozen cut up cucumber pieces are good for babies teething. Not all kids like it though.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

You are amazing with info

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    Sleds are fun. I was having my kids throw snowballs at the shed. I have a lot of good indoor activities that burn energy too (no wii needed!). We just bought a new couch a few months ago and i kept the old one for fun and games with the kids. It's amazing what you can do with an old couch, although I don't know how safe it is.

Here is a remedy for skin blemishes, toothpaste with bleach. It helps with pimple swelling and bleaches the skin so it's not so red.

Frozen cut up cucumber pieces are good for babies teething. Not all kids like it though.

hmm, the bleach and toothpaste, interesting. My poor daughter has that fungus on her big toe, and it appears even medication doesn't work and she is self conscious because she wants to wear sandles and open toe heels. But I thought I heard something about the Milk of mag. though.

Wait, the couch, the kids throws stuff at the couch outdoors?

hmm, the bleach and toothpaste, interesting. My poor daughter has that fungus on her big toe, and it appears even medication doesn't work and she is self conscious because she wants to wear sandles and open toe heels. But I thought I heard something about the Milk of mag. though.

Wait, the couch, the kids throws stuff at the couch outdoors?
    No the couch is indoors. We climb on it, make forts with the cushions. Jump off the couch onto the cushions. I am not going to recommend it though because i don't want to get sued if somebodies kid gets hurt.. lmao! It's one of those at your own discretion type things.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Oh, sounds fun for the kids,

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    No the couch is indoors. We climb on it, make forts with the cushions. Jump off the couch onto the cushions. I am not going to recommend it though because i don't want to get sued if somebodies kid gets hurt.. lmao! It's one of those at your own discretion type things.
    you're right though, people are sue happy these days. I noticed with the recent snowstorms, only two snowmen were made by children. Back in the day when my kids were little, we had snowmen all over the place, oh and angels in the snow. What a riot..

Thumbs up Think Propolis!

Highly recomended family redemy in Europe. It's natural!

For more information google "Propolis." Read the followong article

http://ezinearticles.com/?Health-Ben...olis&id=450530

Excellent, Zanna

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
    Highly recomended family redemy in Europe. It's natural!

For more information google "Propolis." Read the followong article

http://ezinearticles.com/?Health-Ben...olis&id=450530
    honey bee's are the most precious insect in our world. With the recent issue on the bee's and that disease which is killing bee's all over the country. It is paramount for our existance that we "respect" the bee.

Thanx for the info

anyones neighbor
    Let me add one more thing, kinda, sorta related. If you have lung problems or on O2, do NOT use anything with petroleum jelly (Vicks) in your nostrils. It gets into your lungs and can be a REAL BIG problem. I wanted to use it because my nose gets so very dry (with O2.) There's a product called AYR that's made just for people like me. It works!

Very important

Quote Originally Posted by anyones neighbor View Post
    Let me add one more thing, kinda, sorta related. If you have lung problems or on O2, do NOT use anything with petroleum jelly (Vicks) in your nostrils. It gets into your lungs and can be a REAL BIG problem. I wanted to use it because my nose gets so very dry (with O2.) There's a product called AYR that's made just for people like me. It works!
    your information, and thank you. I use it for my nose. Now I don't have lung problems, but why does it cause a problem?

Thank you for sharing that, we don't want people hurting themselves. Anything else someone wants to share that is a danger to someone, let it be put on this thread.

anyones neighbor
    OK I googled this & it took me to a health board. Here's one answer:
    i wanted to make certain that you were told is that under NO circumstances should you EVER use anything petroleum based like vaseline in or around your nose/mouth where the O2 will contact the area,it can cause reaction burns.the two do not mix real well.just make certain that anything that you place in your nose is not petroluem based and you should be fine.just an FYI from someone who has worked with O2 for many years in EMS.hope the problem goes away for you soon
    http://www.healthboards.com/boards/s...d.php?t=537314

awesome

Quote Originally Posted by anyones neighbor View Post
    OK I googled this & it took me to a health board. Here's one answer:
    i wanted to make certain that you were told is that under NO circumstances should you EVER use anything petroleum based like vaseline in or around your nose/mouth where the O2 will contact the area,it can cause reaction burns.the two do not mix real well.just make certain that anything that you place in your nose is not petroluem based and you should be fine.just an FYI from someone who has worked with O2 for many years in EMS.hope the problem goes away for you soon
    http://www.healthboards.com/boards/s...d.php?t=537314
    thank you...

anyones neighbor
    I heard Listerine one time not long ago! I have it in both BIG toes. Going to Foot Dr in Feb. A friend says they'll likely take the nails off because toe fungus is very hard to get rid of. I'd like to know where I ever got it in the first place!

Thumbs up Interesting

I love to hear old time remedies that families have had for centuries. In our family, we had the honey and lemon for scratchy throats.

One of the remedies that is great for joint pain:
    -8 yellow raisins
    -2 drops of rum
    ~~~~let it soak it in over night
    ~~~~~~~~~eat it daily. Helps joint pain

Another remedy that is good for restless leg syndrome:
    - a bar of Ivory soap, unwrap
    -put under sheet at bottom of bed
    ~~~~~~~~~helps with the restlessness and I heard with cramping too.

Anyone else have remedies for colds and flu and such?
    "short", the recipe is actually putting "golden" raisins in a quart jar, filling the jar to about an inch of the top w/raisins, then cover w/gin, let stand for 10 days, then take 9 (ONLY 9!) raisins a day for joint pain/arthritis, it's worked wonders for me.....
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Thumbs up

I love to hear old time remedies that families have had for centuries.
    Anyone else have remedies for colds and flu and such?
    Old remedy for cold and flue from Europe:

Mix diced garlic with hot milk and drink before you go to bed.

# 1. Garlic, garlic, and more garlic!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information