Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Town code section 174-6 - This is funny. Apples, stalkers and our town employees

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Town code section 174-6 - This is funny. Apples, stalkers and our town employees

Yesterday our town employees had a stalker taking photos while probably hiding in the bushes

Our Cheektowaga facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4761...52569/?fref=nf

Far as we know these employees are on their contractual break time eating healthy apples.

The apples are going to fall to the ground anyways.

It was then posted that we have a Town Code 174-6:

Town code section 174-6: No person shall climb any tree to pick any flowers or fruit or break, cut down, trample upon, remove or in any manner injure or deface any tree or shrub or any building, fence, bridge or structure or any other property within a park or park approach.

So why wouldn't our town residents be allowed to pick apples from trees in a park setting as long as the safety concerns were low? I can see not allowing this along a roadway because of traffic concerns.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Urban Orchard Stewards

Have you ever wanted to know what it takes to grow healthy fruit in the city?

The Urban Orchard Steward program empowers individuals to lead orchard activities in their neighborhood. Seattle’s public orchards are important community resources. Not only do fruit trees benefit the local ecosystem and urban canopy, but also play an important role in supplying fresh produce to the emergency food system.

City Fruit will provide Stewards will all the training and resources needed to care for their local orchard! Urban orchard stewards receive training in fruit tree biology, fruit tree pruning and integrated pest management (IPM). A customized orchard management plan will be provided by City Fruit which includes seasonal maintenance tasks centered around planting, pruning, mulching, watering and harvesting of orchard fruit trees. Each steward makes a commitment to improving and protecting their community orchard through at least 20 hours of volunteer service during the year.
    https://www.cityfruit.org/volunteer/...chard-stewards

Let me guess, if those two employees were using a cell phone to make political campaign calls at the same time you would have had a fit and would have filed a foil for all the phone records and would have called for an investigation by the attorney general and comptroller's office.

How do you know they aren't officers in a political party?

Perhaps we have a case where some of your friends or family have been caught with..shall we say...a bag of stolen apples?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    If those employees were on their contractual break time they can basically do what they want? Correct? As long as what ever they are doing is legal and all.

If those employees were using their personal cell phones on their contractual break time they can call basically who ever they want? Correct?

Apparently you are confusing possible break time versus on the clock time. Do you know the difference or would you like me to explain that to you? I have patience.

No employee of ours should be on the clock using town owned equipment doing political type calls as apparently the last Cheektowaga Party Chairman was doing.

I have more than enough apples.

Random Yard

Pears to

Random Yard

The deer keep the lawn rather clean

Random Yard

Want some?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    If those employees were on their contractual break time they can basically do what they want? Correct? As long as what ever they are doing is legal and all.

If those employees were using their personal cell phones on their contractual break time they can call basically who ever they want? Correct?
    No, they can't use town equipment to do what they want on their break time. Do you think it would be proper for a town employee to use a town plow to plow his brother's parking lot while on a break?

Wow, you get your panties in a twist over a cell phone but have no problem with your friends and family using town trucks for personal purposes.

Maybe you should submit the question to one of the Chamber of commerce officials...they seem to be on top of things in cheektowaga.

Oh wait...were you one of those business owners that was just using the chamber to get cheap health insurance?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Nogods
    No, they can't use town equipment to do what they want on their break time.

I said

I didn't say they are using "town owned cell phones"

So if it was the employees lunch time are they not allowed to pull into a mcdonald's and grab lunch in a town owned vehicle?

The Tim Horton's next to my shop has some hiding places if that photographer would like to take some photos of our town owned police cars sitting in the parking lot while they are on their break.

I said

I didn't say they are using "town owned cell phones"

So if it was the employees lunch time are they not allowed to pull into a mcdonald's and grab lunch in a town owned vehicle?

The Tim Horton's next to my shop has some hiding places if that photographer would like to take some photos of our town owned police cars sitting in the parking lot while they are on their break.
    Hopefully you are not so stupid to think that there is no distinction between pulling into a fast food drive in for lunch and driving a vehicle well out of the way to plow a brother's driveway.

Once again, you got caught making an inane argument.

what non-democratic party member will get your vote for supervisor? Oh, I forgot, there isn't any.

The head of the cheektowaga democratic party is going to be the highway super again. The supervisor is going to be his handpicked comrade.

Four more years...four more years...of people using their town own cell phones to make personal calls and all you can do is whine about it. The majority of voters in cheektowaga will continue to rule your life.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Hopefully you are not so stupid to think that there is no distinction between pulling into a fast food drive in for lunch and driving a vehicle well out of the way to plow a brother's driveway.

what non-democratic party member will get your vote for supervisor? Oh, I forgot, there isn't any.

The head of the cheektowaga democratic party is going to be the highway super again. The supervisor is going to be his handpicked comrade.

Four more years...four more years...of people using their town own cell phones to make personal calls and all you can do is whine about it. The majority of voters in cheektowaga will continue to rule your life.
    If they only give us **** to eat or stave...you really don't have a choice....same as this years election in Corruptowaga NY....I'm a little closer to moving out of state and leaving this crap for those that can't move.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

What does plowing have to do with picking apples? Talk about inane.

We'll just have to work on having a resolution passed that a Party Chairman including a party officer can't work for us.

I'm sorry. If I was supervisor the only interest I would look our for is the property/business owners. Any social club/political party can go pound salt for all I care. Don't confuse people who are "registered to a political party" to the small group of people who run the party.

What does plowing have to do with picking apples? Talk about inane.

We'll just have to work on having a resolution passed that a Party Chairman including a party officer can't work for us.

I'm sorry. If I was supervisor the only interest I would look our for is the property/business owners. Any social club/political party can go pound salt for all I care. Don't confuse people who are "registered to a political party" to the small group of people who run the party.
    You still think being a property or business owner qualifies a person to vote?

Yeah...you keep working on getting a resolution passed to prohibit the majority of voters from electing the people they want to elect.

We'll keep electing the people we want to run the town and your life.

when the election is over, the town Highway Super, the Town Supervisor, and the great majority of Town Board members are going to be,,,guess what...democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    If they only give us **** to eat or stave...you really don't have a choice....same as this years election in Corruptowaga NY....I'm a little closer to moving out of state and leaving this crap for those that can't move.
    Where do you think you could move without finding political corruption?

I would think they would want the apples picked taken or what ever so rats don't get them

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by CheektowagaFan View Post
    I would think they would want the apples picked taken or what ever so rats don't get them
    You got to be kidding me. That is not an excuse.

Were they on a break or not?

Personally I don't care if apples were picked as long as they weren't stolen off of someone's property.

Nogods does have a point about the town code and harvesting trees.

I'm pretty sure those guys and most people in Cheektowaga don't have a clue that town code exists.

In the end though what was that crew up to? Were they working near a park in that area?

You still think being a property or business owner qualifies a person to vote?

Yeah...you keep working on getting a resolution passed to prohibit the majority of voters from electing the people they want to elect.

We'll keep electing the people we want to run the town and your life.

when the election is over, the town Highway Super, the Town Supervisor, and the great majority of Town Board members are going to be,,,guess what...democrats.

The people voted wisely when the elected Dennis Gorski as judge. See story on channel 2. The people have so far voted for a deadbeat, an accused perv and now someone who's being reviewed because of senility issues, what's with the judge position in this town?

Georgia L Schlager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information