Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There is a First Amendment For Conservatives Too

There is a First Amendment For Conservatives Too

I believe that there is something seriously wrong with Lancaster government, both village and town. To say I am disillusioned is an understatement; fed-up is more appropriate, but nauseated accurately reflects my attitude.
    I have watched at close hand the serious deterioration of my neighborhood. In a reverse progression, I have witnessed it devolve from a pleasant neighborhood into a disruptive, dysfunctional ghetto of de-stabilized bedlam. Repeatedly, I have brought this situation to the attention of village officials, but my requests for remedy, even when the issue concerned life and death, were, for the most part, rebuffed. Sadly, I have watched as government officials, unmoving and vain, indifferently turn their backs on my measured, but desparate, pleas for remedial intervention. To wit, I have decided that if the village and town governments can not respond to my subtle expressions of concern, perhaps they will hear my amplified First Amendment voice.

For more than half a century, Lancaster has been under the oppressive hand of a political dynasty. This dynasty began when a handful of very decent, well-intentioned men answered a call for leadership and service. Regrettably, the handful of good men evolved into a closed -clique machine, and finally metasticized into a petrified political dynasty, concerned exclusively with the accumulation and preservation of power. Reigning from their powerful pedestals, and surrounded only by a cadrie of annoited elitists, these dynastic leaders hear not voices their constituents, but only the groveling tones of this cadre, as they each compete to catch the next crumb thrown from the generational buffet. In short, these future leaders are not committed to service, but are obsessed with resume building: a dynastic process wherein competence and committment, when existent, are not ocassioned by requirement, but emerge as an unintended accident.

One such example of a self-indulgent, resume-building political leader is Kenneth Graber. The member-elected President of the Lancaster Central Schools Board of Education, Mr. Graber, also, was recently appointed to the Industrial Development Agency by the Democrat-controlled Town Council.
    Mr. Graber's conduct throughout the Redskins Mascot change process clearly illustrated the elitist mindset. Mr. Graber not only constructed, but presided over, a Stalinist-like "open meeting," not to gage public opinion, but to ridicule dissent, suppress the opposition, and evangelize the Lancaster community to accept the left-wing, politically correct world of the elitists. Most disturbing of all, at the so-called "open meeting," Mr. Graber, in remarks unworthy of his office, referred to those supporting a more open process, as "children."
    To state that Lancaster's top elected educator presented the Lancaster community with a lesson in Machievellian governance would be to understate the tutorial, which smacked of echos of Nietzche. To Mr. Graber's demonstration, I offer an observation arising from the American political tradition: Mr. Graber, children don't vote; taxpayers do!

Another example of a resume builder is Dawn Gaczewski. While a charming, and very probably, a fine and good human being, Ms. Gaczewski, again arising from the elitist clique, is more committed to touting her title, rather than actually completing a task. Case in point is her role as Village Events Coordinator.

The Trinty Lutheran Food Pantry and the WNY Food Pantry have been longstanding charities for my family. Recently, upon hearing rumors, some outrageous, I submitted to the Village Of Lancaster Clerk and Treasurer, a Freedom of Information Law Request concerning documents regarding the 2014 5K Race, proceeds of which were to be donated to the Trinity Food Pantry. Before the requested documents were forthcoming, Ms. Gaczewski paid an unannounced visit to my home to query me as to the nature of my request. While Ms. Gaczewski's conduct was polite and proper, I was left somewhat intimidated by the questioning, and was concerned that her visit and questioning may have been a back-channel attempt to compromise the integrity of the FOIL Request, which carries with it certain legally-prescribed proceedures.
    From what I gleaned from the disclosed documents, and my sincere thanks to Village Clerk Stegmeier for his prompt and complete compliance, the promised proceeds from the 5K Race to the Trinity Food Pantry, were delayed nine months and missed the Thanksgiving and Christmas Tops Food Gift Cards to the needy program. This issue was, according to Ms. Gaczewski, a "paperwork snafu."

I am sure Ms. Gaczewski's intentions are heartfelt, and her motives are sincere, and, absent evidence to the contrary, I accept her explanation. However, it is apparent that to Ms. Gazewski, results are subservient to resume and title takes precedence over task. If Ms. Gaczewski was as concerned with her responsibilities to Trinity Food Pantry as she was with my scrutiny of a dysfunctional paper trail, the needy of this community would have had Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner courtesy of the intended source.

It is past time that Lancaster move from dynasty to democracy within the meaning of a democratic republic.

Well stated.

The question(s) I would pose are the following:

1. Regarding Graber, his years as a career politician on the school board and now on the LIDA clearly shows signs that he is clearly out of touch. If his reign on the school board has resulted to name calling towards the taxpayers, my question would be then why are you serving on the board?

2. I have seen Graber in action both at the school board level and at the town board, his unprofessional intimidation tactics are no long welcomed, my question would be then why are you serving on the board?

3. Regarding Gaczewski, who is running for Town Council at the Town Board level, is stating that she is the true Conservative, that said, Dawn Gaczewski was approached by the Democratic Party to run with the Democratic philosophy's in hand if she were elected. To make a clarification, Gaczewski was NOT endorsed by the Conservative Party at all because she is a sheep in wolves clothing-a disguised Democrat. My question regarding the pantry situation would be this, why did it take 9 months to submit the monies to the pantry?

4. Regarding Gaczewski, do you have a problem with the First Amendment, the right to FOIL information that the *people* request?

nogods response: well obbviously your in the minority since these people continue to get voted into office. and if you dont like it move.

my response: this is why Lancaster will never get any of my tax dollars.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    The Trinity Lutheran Food Pantry and the WNY Food Pantry have been longstanding charities for my family. Recently, upon hearing rumors, some outrageous, I submitted to the Village Of Lancaster Clerk and Treasurer, a Freedom of Information Law Request concerning documents regarding the 2014 5K Race, proceeds of which were to be donated to the Trinity Food Pantry. Before the requested documents were forthcoming, Ms. Gaczewski paid an unannounced visit to my home to query me as to the nature of my request. While Ms. Gaczewski's conduct was polite and proper, I was left somewhat intimidated by the questioning, and was concerned that her visit and questioning may have been a back-channel attempt to compromise the integrity of the FOIL Request, which carries with it certain legally-prescribed proceedures.
    From what I gleaned from the disclosed documents, and my sincere thanks to Village Clerk Stegmeier for his prompt and complete compliance, the promised proceeds from the 5K Race to the Trinity Food Pantry, were delayed nine months and missed the Thanksgiving and Christmas Tops Food Gift Cards to the needy program. This issue was, according to Ms. Gaczewski, a "paperwork snafu."

I am sure Ms. Gaczewski's intentions are heartfelt, and her motives are sincere, and, absent evidence to the contrary, I accept her explanation. However, it is apparent that to Ms. Gaczewski, results are subservient to resume and title takes precedence over task. If Ms. Gaczewski was as concerned with her responsibilities to Trinity Food Pantry as she was with my scrutiny of a dysfunctional paper trail, the needy of this community would have had Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner courtesy of the intended source.
    You give Ms Gaczewski too much credit. She should not have gone to your house to try to intimidate you. That goes to her character and in my view was attempting to orchestrate a cover-up. She lacks integrity

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    You give Ms Gaczewski too much credit. She should not have gone to your house to try to intimidate you. That goes to her character and in my view was attempting to orchestrate a cover-up. She lacks integrity
    Let me be clear. I said I FELT somewhat intimidated by her presence,(along with the presence of an unidentified gentleman, whose purpose was not communicated), and the nature of the visit. I can not speak to her or his intent. But, the Public Officers Law provides ONLY for a WRITTEN response by the Records Custodian, not a reach-out or uninvited drop-by. I felt that the visit was inappropriate, and may have been an attempt to compromise the FOIL process. BUT THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING my position.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Well stated.

The question(s) I would pose are the following:

1. Regarding Graber, his years as a career politician on the school board and now on the LIDA clearly shows signs that he is clearly out of touch. If his reign on the school board has resulted to name calling towards the taxpayers, my question would be then why are you serving on the board?

2. I have seen Graber in action both at the school board level and at the town board, his unprofessional intimidation tactics are no long welcomed, my question would be then why are you serving on the board?

3. Regarding Gaczewski, who is running for Town Council at the Town Board level, is stating that she is the true Conservative, that said, Dawn Gaczewski was approached by the Democratic Party to run with the Democratic philosophy's in hand if she were elected. To make a clarification, Gaczewski was NOT endorsed by the Conservative Party at all because she is a sheep in wolves clothing-a disguised Democrat. My question regarding the pantry situation would be this, why did it take 9 months to submit the monies to the pantry?

4. Regarding Gaczewski, do you have a problem with the First Amendment, the right to FOIL information that the *people* request?
    Amen to all of your observations. Thank you.

Sir,

Do you know if there were funds given to the Trinity Food Pantry by either the Village or Town Government between the time of the 2014 5K Race, (when was the race, date ) and the time the race funds were given( What month were the funds finally forwarded? ) - If you know ?

Just askin - Thanks
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Let me be clear. I said I FELT somewhat intimidated by her presence,(along with the presence of an unidentified gentleman, whose purpose was not communicated), and the nature of the visit. I can not speak to her or his intent. But, the Public Officers Law provides ONLY for a WRITTEN response by the Records Custodian, not a reach-out or uninvited drop-by. I felt that the visit was inappropriate, and may have been an attempt to compromise the FOIL process. BUT THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING my position.
    Where was this money in the interim?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Where was this money in the interim?
    The answer to that question remains unclear to me.

The event took place August 2, 2014. To the best of my knowledge, I believe the proceeds were turned over on or about May 15, 2015.

Based upon knowledge and belief, the event was August 2, 2014; the proceeds were forwarded on or about May 15, 2015.

So, we have a 5K Charity race on August 2, 2014 -

You put in a foil request to see where the money went - ? date ?

You receive a unrequested visit from Events Coordinator/Town Board Candidate Ms. Gazewski and a unknown male - ? date ?

The money donated to the 5K Charity Race was finally given the Food Pantry on or about May 15, 2015.

Nine months(+/-) later - and only after you followed up on the monies wear abouts - WOW !

Ms.Gazewski claims there was a "Paper work snafu" - she takes in money from well meaning donors - the money should have been deposited in the proper type bank account under the Villages joint control - with Ms. Gazewski within days of being received ! Not her personal account - there should also be corresponding reports in the Villages possession as to where the money was held.

Its illegal to comingle (deposit) that money in her personal accounts. The Lan Dems Controllers used a similar situation of comingling to assassinate/remove our past highway Superintendent - even though he eventually gave the money to the Town Finance Minister(documented fact).

It was supposed to be donated to the Food Bank !

Was there any other charity that was supposed to receive a share of the proceeds ?

This isn't speaking well about this ladies integrity ! God only knows where that money might have went had a tax payer not inquired !

Thanks for your concerns - they seem valid - Thanks Giving and Christmas would have been much nicer for many with that money in the proper hands - its a shame she didn't see the urgency you did.
    Last edited by 4248; September 3rd, 2015 at 09:13 PM.

Date of FOIL: July 28, 2015
    Date of Preliminary response from village: August 4, 2015
    Date of visit: August 15, 2015
    Visit was reported promptly to Records Access Officer
    Date of FOIL Disclosure: August 20, 2015

I simply can not speak to where the money specifically resided during the interregnum and I can not, and DO NOT, ALLEGE ANY wrong doing. One would have to be an accountant to determine that. My concern was the time element, which seemed to me to be outrageous.

The thing of it is - she is in a position of "Public Trust" - how can anyone be sure where other moneys she handled ended up - how long did it take for funds from other events get to the proper people ?

All to often we hear of people ripping off or abusing Charities, Baseball Teams, Hockey Leagues and all to often it seems gambling rears its ugly head as a reason.

Her past dealings need to be looked at
    - how do donors and taxpayers know there's proper over sight.

What if there isn't ?

I agree. It is totally unsettling. I passed the FOIL, along with a notification of the visit along to Trustees Sugg and Robinson for scrutiny. Hopefully, they will be able to get to the bottom of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information