Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

Windows 10

Has anyone used Windows 10 yet. I keep getting a message to reserve my free copy.

Georgia L Schlager

GOT WINDOWS 10 and I like it no problems
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Thanks, grandpa. Still loving the low taxes in SC?

Georgia L Schlager

Definitely do the Win 10 update
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

I did it. Finding my way around and liking it so far

Georgia L Schlager

look it over and shut off some of the things you don't use. `windows 10 machines share freely if they are on the same network by default. they also send Microsoft and advertisers information you can turn off. Have a geek help you set up your privacy
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Quote Originally Posted by granpabob View Post
    look it over and shut off some of the things you don't use. `windows 10 machines share freely if they are on the same network by default. they also send Microsoft and advertisers information you can turn off. Have a geek help you set up your privacy
    Thanks, I turned everything off

Georgia L Schlager

gorja,..... let me tell you of my most recent experience. I bought my newest PC about 2 1/2 yrs ago from Walmart it was a Dell + Tower. Everything was running fine until the last few months of 2016 when I updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7. At first everything was fine then just this week I lost the ability to print from Word which, I use a lot for my genealogy and baseball database. I have all my files backup on sticks but I am unable to open those files why because Microsoft made changes to my system. My printer will print off Adobe but not off of Word or Excel why, Microsoft is forcing this Office 365 which will cost me a yearly subscription. I am struggling with buying another new PC and all in one system with a new all in one printer because it is best to stay compatible with Windows 10 as possible. My old HP Printer drivers are gone which I don't understand because they still sell the ink for my C4180 printer but they no longer will update my drivers again staying compatible, right. Besides, my Dell PC was Windows 7 specific and was not made to run Windows 10 I keep getting a dialog box saying Dell was meant to run Windows 7 stage but running windows 10 seem to keep working for now.

If you choose to update from Windows 7 to 10 be ready for changes to your office apps they will happen. I do not use Microsoft Edge this is the Explorer browser I still use Firefox browser. I do not use Cortana she is off and there are other apps I keep turned off some are chargeable apps to my ISP and some are not. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Has anyone used Windows 10 yet. I keep getting a message to reserve my free copy.
    Last edited by Riven37; April 15th, 2016 at 08:01 AM.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Welcome to the minority. Millions of people have upgraded to Win 10 and have no problems. You want to use old equipment with a new OS, then cry about it? Makes sense.

I have an old HP Officejet 6500 Printer and use Office 2013, no problems. Maybe it's not Win 10, maybe you're just one of those people who doesn't REALLY know what they're doing or why things are going wrong
    HipKat's Blog

As a Microsoft certified engineer I still use the best which is XP Pro, to stop the problem go to this link. http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/wi...rever-3614204/

What do you do in your computer that needs an upgrade to a new upgrade?

XP sucks. Was the worst. I had to work on a customer's computer today with XP on it. Horrible.
    HipKat's Blog

Windows 10 has worked great for me. The only issue I have is 'can't load Flash' messages but I believe that's a Chrome issue not Win 10

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Windows 10 has worked great for me. The only issue I have is 'can't load Flash' messages but I believe that's a Chrome issue not Win 10
    Yep, that's a browser issue. Either the plugin is inactive or you just need to use chrome to d/l flash player again
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry A View Post
    As a Microsoft certified engineer I still use the best which is XP Pro, to stop the problem go to this link. http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/wi...rever-3614204/
    Are you concerned about the EOL for XP and lack of security updates now?

I just updated from Win7 to Win10. I held off for the past year hoping most of the kinks would be worked out before I upgraded. Just upgraded this weekend and starting to play around with it. There are some changes I'm still getting used to, and the inevitable trying to find where something is now. But it seems like a nice interface. I've disabled some of the default settings that upload information to Microsoft.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information