Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Just for reference you can can use the search near the start button to find some of the older win7 items you were used to. Example would be "control panel" versus "setting" in the windows 10 start menu.

Yep, I added Control Panel, Disk Cleanup, MsConfig, etc to the start menu
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    And honestly an os is fine for it's intended use. Even back to win98 depending on what the device is doing. IE: machine control or set tasks.

I still don't know why Microsoft changes Microsoft office from previous versions. The majority of people I have worked with were happy how (as example) version office 2000 worked compared to what Office365 functions like. Many times I have taken calls where people say "Why do they have to change this it worked fine as it was". I just tell them they have to keep themselves employed.

Starting to look like more printer issue and its drivers which I cannot update but they still sell the ink for my printer......I'm just going to buy a new system even tho I bought this system 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Welcome to the minority. Millions of people have upgraded to Win 10 and have no problems. You want to use old equipment with a new OS, then cry about it? Makes sense.

I have an old HP Officejet 6500 Printer and use Office 2013, no problems. Maybe it's not Win 10, maybe you're just one of those people who doesn't REALLY know what they're doing or why things are going wrong
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

It is my understanding when Microsoft changes my 2010 office to this Office 365 which is a yearly subscription yes, forcing us to pay each year now nothing free any longer is just a gimmick in my book. My 2010 was working just fine then MS made those changes and now it is all messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    And honestly an os is fine for it's intended use. Even back to win98 depending on what the device is doing. IE: machine control or set tasks.

I still don't know why Microsoft changes Microsoft office from previous versions. The majority of people I have worked with were happy how (as example) version office 2000 worked compared to what Office365 functions like. Many times I have taken calls where people say "Why do they have to change this it worked fine as it was". I just tell them they have to keep themselves employed.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

What were you fixing on the XP? Google the ratings of Windows OS you will see XP Pro is one of the best and is still supported for security Avast, Advanced System care and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry A View Post
    What were you fixing on the XP? Google the ratings of Windows OS you will see XP Pro is one of the best and is still supported for security Avast, Advanced System care and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
    That's the thing with XP, You NEED Avast, Advanced System Care, Malware Bytes.. add in HijackTHis and Spybot S&D along with them.
    It was a piece of garbage OS that voraciously consumed resources and memory and had so many security leaks, it was ridiculous.
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    It is my understanding when Microsoft changes my 2010 office to this Office 365 which is a yearly subscription yes, forcing us to pay each year now nothing free any longer is just a gimmick in my book. My 2010 was working just fine then MS made those changes and now it is all messed up.
    Riv, go get a trial version of Office 2013, ffs. I've been using mine for some years now, no problems, never been activated.. Just know if you're going that route, anytime you open an office program, you'll get a nag telling you it needs to be activated. Just close it and it'll work fine
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Just for reference you can can use the search near the start button to find some of the older win7 items you were used to. Example would be "control panel" versus "setting" in the windows 10 start menu.
    Thanks.

I have Office 2013 and didn't have any issues with the Windows 10 upgrade (so far, anyway)

If you had a full version of Office 2010 you shouldn't need to go to Office365 or any other Office version... you should still have Office 2010 installed, but maybe the shortcuts were messed up. Possibly re-installing Office might help. There might be some fixes for you in this link:

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...c-e51e05a37a16

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    I have Office 2013 and didn't have any issues with the Windows 10 upgrade (so far, anyway)

If you had a full version of Office 2010 you shouldn't need to go to Office365 or any other Office version... you should still have Office 2010 installed, but maybe the shortcuts were messed up. Possibly re-installing Office might help. There might be some fixes for you in this link:

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...c-e51e05a37a16
    I have the Student edition of Office 2010 or whatever the cheapest version was and I have no problem with Win 10

Georgia L Schlager

I have 2010 office. My word 2010 files will not print from my printer buying a new printer today from the new super Wall Mart store; it should clear up my issue or I will open my window and out it all goes.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Riv, go get a trial version of Office 2013, ffs. I've been using mine for some years now, no problems, never been activated.. Just know if you're going that route, anytime you open an office program, you'll get a nag telling you it needs to be activated. Just close it and it'll work fine
    Riven37
    _________

I have 2010 office. My word 2010 files will not print from my printer buying a new printer today from the new super Wall Mart store; it should clear up my issue or I will open my window and out it all goes.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...inter-problems

Guess Why Microsoft Upgrades the OS $$$$$$$$$$$$

Visit the enclosed links and see how many still support XP http://www.majorgeeks.com/ and see what windows 10 is thought about . http://itvision.altervista.org/why-w...-10-sucks.html

I will not upgrade my Windows 7 computers (7of them) to Windows 10. I have upgraded my Windows 8.1 machines to 10 (3 of them). I have two XP machines running and they still work great. Need to one to run Act! 2000.

My HTPC will always have to remain Windows 7, can never use 10 with it.

Hipcat have a guess as to why I cannot / will not upgrade my HTPC to Windows 10?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information