Thread: What about the Town Propositions

East of Millersport and now on Facebook at facebook.com/absolivious

What about the Town Propositions

What's your take on the two Amherst Town Props, as discussed here in the News?

Prop. One:
    If approved would require a unanimous vote to remove deed restrictions.
    [Of course, if we someday downsize the Board, it could be a whole new wrinkle]

Prop. Two:
    If approved would allow selection of vacancy by only a majority of the same party members on the Board as the vacating member.
    [What prevents a member of the other party on the Board from switching parties -- a' la Satish?]

Discuss...

the second ones just a power grab, isn't Ward the one behind it?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    the second ones just a power grab, isn't Ward the one behind it?
    Read the resolution, DR. Barry is behind it.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by TheRightView View Post
    Read the resolution, DR. Barry is behind it.
    Wasn't Ward behing the samething earllier in the year?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Wasn't Ward behing the samething earllier in the year?
    once again, read the resolution, or skim the threads and you'll see the resolution posted here somewhere.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

It is ward's. to prevent Ward from putting the same resolution down each meeting, BW sponsored a proposition to allow the public to decide. I guess allowing the public to end ward's nonsense, kryzan supporters are trying to pin this on BW. another classic smear.

BW isn't behind it. ward is. BW is hoping the public votes down another one of ward's stupid ideas so that he doesn't waste the TB with any more of his nonsense.

ward's supporters (i.e. right view) are trying to rewrite history to deflect the numerous times he was pushing a dem. for bucki's seat as soon as mohan flipped parties.
    Last edited by hate politics; November 3rd, 2009 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hate politics View Post
    It is ward's. to prevent Ward from putting the same resolution down each meeting, BW sponsored a proposition to allow the public to decide. I guess allowing the public to end ward's nonsense, kryzan supporters are trying to pin this on BW. another classic smear.

BW isn't behind it. ward is. BW is hoping the public votes down another one of ward's stupid ideas so that he doesn't waste the TB with any more of his nonsense.

ward's supporters (i.e. right view) are trying to rewrite history to deflect the numerous times he was pushing a dem. for bucki's seat as soon as mohan flipped parties.
    If this is as you state, why did Weinstein say he would like to see this one approved just a couple of days ago on WBEN because that is how they do it in the Erie County Legislature? You can hear it yourself and the rest of the supervisor candidate "debate" - as specified in another thread- at www.wben.com under audio on demand-supervisor's debate. You might also be interested in the fact that both Kindel and Kryzan said it should be defeated.

Wrong

BW has made a point of saying this was his resolution and that this is how it's done in the county.

Actually, BW wasn't trying to do the voters a favor. By law, this has to go to public referendum. Both BW and DW supported it in one form or another because they were both in the Co. Leg. and thought that this was a better process than the current one. So spin it all you want in an attempt to pin it on one or the other but that's the facts, Jack

as I have said previously, if BW supports this idea, I believe he is wrong and I already voted against it. does that mean I vote for tax and tax kryzan - no way.

for me, as opposed to trajan with ward and other dems on this blog, I will point out when I think a candidate or politican (regardless of affilation) is wrong.

That being said, i do hope the voters vote it down whether or not BW actually supports this idea.

Looks like both props died a quick and painless death. Now it will be up to the town board to fill the vacancy created by BW's election.

East of Millersport and now on Facebook at facebook.com/absolivious
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Looks like both props died a quick and painless death. Now it will be up to the town board to fill the vacancy created by BW's election.
    No deadlock this time, so any argument about the proposition will remain moot for a while -- thank God.

Thread Information