Thread: Inside the Highway Investigation:

Inside the Highway Investigation:

by Chris Stevenson

Back on 3/31/15 the New York State Highway Attorney General’s office sent a letter to Kenneth Manning of the Philips Lytle LLP law firm (on behalf of Atty General Eric Schneiderman) regarding a complaint filed by Manning. This was to let him know his complaint didn’t warrant any action by the Public Integrity Bureau (PIB): “Please note:The complaint you have filed with this office has no effect on any statute of limitations filing deadlines that might apply to your claim.” Read more...

www.thebuffalobullet.com

After reading this article - it would sound the slickest employees and Political Players are dumb as a rock. At least when it comes to them knowing the rules.

Why is it when it comes to making large tax funded pay checks - their wizards !

Ignorance of the law is no excuse - unless your employed by your Town !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    After reading this article - it would sound the slickest employees and Political Players are dumb as a rock. At least when it comes to them knowing the rules.

Why is it when it comes to making large tax funded pay checks - their wizards !

Ignorance of the law is no excuse - unless your employed by your Town !
    It's not so much ignorance as it is evasiveness in this case. Not to mention being a little caught off-guard they are being questioned, even though it probably won't lead to anything.

That is the problem - there's no accountability or repercussions - and most of them know that. Politicians are insured for liability from their actions - tax payers fund the insurance.

Unions don't get involved because most of the time their members are bending/breaking the same rules.

Politicians don't want to truly take a stand because they too benefit from lack of accountability. They fear losing votes if they interfere -

The only time we see aggressive action is when the majority party has been unseated ! Then there is a brief, shallow effort to route out unwanted patronage/Party employees.

Other than that - its back to the "Usual Game"
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

In my opinion, that $28,000+ in overpayment to the Deputy highway superintendent was fraud.
    As Peter Reese from Art Voice stated, this report should have been given to the DA for prosecution.

They ripped off the Cheektowaga taxpayers and the taxpayers don't seem to care including Diane Benczkowski.

http://blogs.artvoice.com/avdaily/20...port-released/

Georgia L Schlager

Whatever happen to the concrete contract investigation - it sounded like an obvious rig bid. Besides being rigged many homeowners were unhappy with the work that was performed.

Who was responsible for writing the bid specifications that allowed the winning bidder to under bid the 6" concrete portion knowing that the town was not going to put in 6 inch contract? And who then decided not to take advantage of the low bid for 6 inch concrete and instead direct installation of the more expensive 4 inch concrete?

Was that Highway or town board or supervisor or all three?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Was that Highway or town board or supervisor or all three?

Who remembers how the concrete bid issue was brought to light? It was a while ago but I believe this is how it happened.

A person who was not associated with the Cheektowaga Democratic Party brought it up. Angela? Correct?

If Angela didn't we would not have known about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Who remembers how the concrete bid issue was brought to light? It was a while ago but I believe this is how it happened.

A person who was not associated with the Cheektowaga Democratic Party brought it up. Angela? Correct?

If Angela didn't we would not have known about it.
    Yeah..and thankfully she stuck around to finish her elected term and keep fighting to root out the corruption on behalf of the people who voted for her....din't she?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    No she didn't and I believe posted I wasn't happy about it. If you commit yourself to something you should finish your term. I look at is as.... Vote for me and I'll serve until something better comes along.

Thread Information