Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Kane Investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Heh. You get destroyed in another thread but you want to pick a fight here instead.... Funny.

First you said "that doesn't look good for the alleged "victim" and now you're suggesting that it's just a matter of time for the DA? Interesting.

Also, I spoke to police making an arrest...not the DA convening a grand jury. There is a difference. I also said "Obviously charges can still be filed but as each day passes it looks more like they will not." The reason I said this is Sedita and crew only go full out when they have a air tight case. As you and I both suggested....it's not air tight based on what is known today.
    Now pray tell how does the eye witness testimony make things look good for the alleged victim Magnum?

And no, police don't make an independent decision to make an arrest once the DA is in the case. the DA will decidse whether to make an arrest on a complaint or present to a grand jury first.

I bet you know the theme song from all the cop TV shows.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Now pray tell how does the eye witness testimony make things look good for the alleged victim Magnum?

Holy sh*t you're an idiot with an axe to grind. Too funny. I never said that what has been reported makes things look good for the alleged victim. I said the opposite.

Based on what Croce said and based on how information is being leaked to the BN, it appears to me..right now...this is nothing more than someone who thought they landed a NHL player and did not like how things turned out for them. I suggested this was possible 2 days before the BN ran the comments made by Croce.

Maybe this is a case of being rejected after sex and wanting to get back at Kane. Maybe it is a case of looking for a payday to go away. Maybe it's a case of an innocent woman who was raped. All of these are possible.

I have my opinions...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why would you do that unless you wanted to control or refocus the story in some way? How does the BN have information like "Shortly after she and her friend arrived at Kane’s home on Old Lakeshore Road, the accuser alleges that she went by herself into another room, where Kane followed her, overpowered her and raped her."
    So what was her friend doing while this was happening? Couldn't the victim scream help me I'm being raped? I understand he could have kept her silent but wouldn't the friend have heard something?

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Holy sh*t you're an idiot with an axe to grind. Too funny. I never said that what has been reported makes things look good for the alleged victim. I said the opposite.

Based on what Croce said and based on how information is being leaked to the BN, it appears to me..right now...this is nothing more than someone who thought they landed a NHL player and did not like how things turned out for them. I suggested this was possible 2 days before the BN ran the comments made by Croce.

Maybe this is a case of being rejected after sex and wanting to get back at Kane. Maybe it is a case of looking for a payday to go away. Maybe it's a case of an innocent woman who was raped. All of these are possible.

I have my opinions...
    You are the one that criticized me for stating that the eye witness statements didn't look good for the alleged victim. Are you living a weed is legal state now? Or are you just breaking the law staying high all day?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    So what was her friend doing while this was happening? Couldn't the victim scream help me I'm being raped? I understand he could have kept her silent but wouldn't the friend have heard something?
    Hopefully the investigators asked the same questions.

It is possible that she started consensual sex then decided to quit before he quit. It is possible he raped her. It is possible it was a setup to get money from him.

It is possible she had consensual sex with him, then told him she was going to claim rape if he didn't give her some money, then he raped her.

Isn't likely that his home would have a fair amount of surveillance cameras at least on the outside and entrance ways?

Hopefully there isn't any video of a Hamburg cop trying to destroy a DVR.

There are many sick puppies in the world.

oh boy not good for mr. attitude.. EA Sports Drops Patrick Kane From NHL 16 Promotional Plans..

EA Sports dropped Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane from promoting and appearing on the cover of its NHL 16 video game because he is under police investigation.
    In light of the ongoing investigation involving Patrick Kane, he will no longer be a spokesperson for the launch of EA Sports NHL 16," the company said. "He will not appear on the EA Sports NHL 16 cover nor participate in it..
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Wow...a sports figure gets accused of rape...must be true.

Wait...Duke Lacrosse team...UVa...have we not learned anything from these events?

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but we are long way off from being able to decide if the allegation is even credible.
    I agree. Who knows what went on there? Nobody here does and the police/DA are saying. The TV news has to fill their 1.5 hours each night. How about all the TV/Buffalo News "reporters" shut up until something is made official? Kane has lost a sport endorsement without even being charged with anything. Seriously, is that fair? I have no use for the sports hero worship in our community, but at least be fair to these guys. News flash to "reporters"----Report the news, don't try to create it. Once of the biggest jokes was Ch 7 a few weeks ago that had a "reporter" along the river in North Tonawanda. Police divers were in the water. As he so brilliantly reported, he had no idea why they were there or what they were looking for, but he'd stay on top of it. Stop wasting out time!!!

Here is a new twist to this case..
    Off-duty officer was Kane’s driver on night of alleged rape.
    An off-duty Buffalo police lieutenant served as Patrick Kane’s chauffeur on the night the hockey star was accused of raping a young woman in his Town of Hamburg home.

Lt. Thomas English told The Buffalo News that he drove Kane, the alleged rape victim, her female friend and a male friend of Kane’s to the National Hockey League player’s home on Old Lake Shore Road early on the morning of Aug. 2.

English said investigators from the Erie County District Attorney’s Office have interviewed him as they investigate the allegation against Kane.

English said he supports Kane, a longtime family friend who has employed him for the past five years. In photos that could be viewed on English’s Facebook page as recently as Thursday, he is seen with the Stanley Cup at a celebration with Kane in 2010.

The lieutenant acknowledged that he has no way of knowing what happened between Kane and the alleged victim inside the house. Since the allegation was made, he said, he has had no contact with Kane or his family.

Law enforcement sources told The News that Buffalo police are conducting an internal investigation to determine whether English was with Kane at any time he was supposed to be on duty the night of the alleged rape. Authorities said English was scheduled to work a half-shift that night at the police cell block and took a half-shift off on that night as personal leave time. English said he took the entire shift off with personal leave time.

Of English, a Buffalo police official said, “We are not aware of any allegations of improper activity by the off-duty officer in dealing with Kane or the alleged victim that night.”

This is what English said he told investigators:

He was not with Kane or at Kane’s house during the time the woman has alleged that Kane overpowered and raped her, leaving her with a scratched leg and bite marks on both her shoulders.

But English said he was with Kane and the alleged victim, and other friends, for a couple of hours early that morning at SkyBar, a downtown nightclub, before driving Kane and the three others to Hamburg. He said that after dropping them off, he left.

English said he was with Kane and Thomas Cowan, a Buffalo restaurateur, the entire time they were at SkyBar and witnessed no inappropriate behavior there or on the drive to Kane’s home.

“It was a mutual agreement to go hang out at the house,” English said.

Question Why would the Bufnews want to block such inquiries/posts/questions ?

Bufnews closes comments on the latest article relating to rape accusations.

It appears when too many comments started to focus on the Police Lieutenant driving Mr.Kane and friends - the comment section was closed.

The Bufnews stated, "Authorities said English was scheduled to work a half-shift that night at the police cell block and took a half-shift off on that night as personal leave time. English said he took the entire shift off with personal leave time."

Questions have been raised as to how often did such time manipulations take place for this Lieutenant.
    Was he double dipping by taking time off and working a second job ?
    Did his hours over run into when he was supposed to be at the cell block ?
    Was he actually on duty when driving the car for Mr.Kane and the alleged rape victim ?

Why would the Bufnews want to block such inquiries/posts/questions ?

Could Nogods be correct when he stated when it comes to illegal activities - "The majority of Police just haven't been caught yet"
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

The News probably closed the article because the alleged victim was being slut-shamed, or cast as a gold digger and liar. They correctly assumed the benefit of more clicks wasn't worth further tormenting the poor girl by anonymous online asshats.

The officer had scheduled time off, which means... he had scheduled time off. The article also says he filed the proper paperwork to work other employment. So there is zero impropriety of him working for Kane that night.

And you know, I hadn't posted in a long time. And the sheer idiocy of your comments in two of the three threads I read caused me to post twice in 24 hours. You should be embarrassed.

Not ashamed to ask questions -

The news said he put in for half a day - he said he put in for a whole day.
    That wasn't answered yet that I have read - could you quote the article that confirms what you claim - Thanks.

If they closed the comment section because the alleged victim was being slandered - good for them.

Its still your guess not something the Buffnews stated - correct ?

But, glad to know your paying attention - have a good day !

Things moving slow for Mr. attitude...Apparent slow pace of Kane rape investigation relatively common.. ECDA droopy dog ..Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III refuses to even acknowledge there is an investigation and, when asked, refers to the situation in the broadest of terms, calling it the “Kane matter.” This guy wouldnt tell you if it was daylight or night time out.. another political goofball ..

The investigation of the rape allegation against Patrick Kane might appear to be moving slowly, but that is by design and not out of line for other rape investigations, according to police sources and victims’ advocates.

Authorities are methodical and cautious in seeking facts that could lead to charges or perhaps exonerate the 26-year-old Kane, a three-time National Hockey League Stanley Cup winner with the Chicago Blackhawks.

Without a confession in a rape case, law enforcement officials and those who advocate for rape victims agree, it can take weeks, months, and sometimes longer to make an arrest.

Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III refuses to even acknowledge there is an investigation and, when asked, refers to the situation in the broadest of terms, calling it the “Kane matter.”

Following Sedita’s cautious lead, Town of Hamburg police two weeks ago announced they were investigating Kane, but Police Chief Gregory G. Wickett refused to describe the nature of the investigation, only saying his officers were “investigating an incident that allegedly occurred at the residence” of Kane.

And in the third week of the investigation, Hamburg’s town attorney denied The Buffalo News’ two Freedom of Information requests seeking any complaints that may have been made against Kane on Aug. 2 and any reports about sexual assault or harassment in the town on that same date.

Advocates for sexual assault victims acknowledge that the process takes time.

“There are many layers to a criminal justice investigation and those take time to evaluate all of the information, so that prosecutors can make an informed decision before going forward,” said Jessica Pirro, chief executive officer of Crisis Services, an agency that works with rape victims.

“Every rape case should be treated equally, but I understand the dynamics we are dealing with in this case,” she added, referring to the Kane investigation.

How Sedita handles the “Kane matter” is being watched not just locally but in hockey cities around the country, as evidenced by the Chicago Tribune, which last week reported that “Sedita has built a reputation for being tough on sex crimes and for avoiding cases that could potentially backfire.”

Recent history shows that rape allegations many times do not result in an arrest or criminal conviction.

In Erie County last year, 173 complaints of forcible rapes were reported to police agencies, according to the state Division of Criminal Justice Services.

Twenty-one individuals were arrested that same year and charged with rape. Three people were convicted of forcible rape, seven were convicted on different charges, four defendants

Can you say - Lets make a deal ?

Many believe: Political and financial considers over whelm the judicial process in this and many other cases when a Politician controls the process !

How Sedita handles the “Kane matter” is being watched not just locally but in hockey cities around the country, as evidenced by the Chicago Tribune, which last week reported that “Sedita has built a reputation for being tough on sex crimes and for avoiding cases that could potentially backfire.”

Recent history shows that rape allegations many times do not result in an arrest or criminal conviction.

In Erie County last year, 173 complaints of forcible rapes were reported to police agencies, according to the state Division of Criminal Justice Services.

Twenty-one individuals were arrested that same year and charged with rape. Three people were convicted of forcible rape, seven were convicted on different charges,

That is a dismal report concerning justice in rape cases
    and a thought provoking statement when it comes to the DA's sense of concern !

This Kane issue seems to have been sweep under the rug doesn't it. You offer the prosecutor a judgeship and things go away.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, it's not like the good old days, when all a woman had to do was point a finger at the suspect and say "it was him". It was much easier in the good old days to put a rapists like that Anthony Capozzi guy away for 25 years.

Oh wait, he was the innocent one.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information