Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: With Paladino’s support, Mascia vows to continue his run for Common Council

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    My grandfather who was Italian had a issue getting a job as a mechanic when he graduated. I don't know how true this is but he said when he got his first job he told them his last name was Fragas not Fracasso because the place wouldn't hire Italians.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    My grandfather who was Italian had a issue getting a job as a mechanic when he graduated. I don't know how true this is but he said when he got his first job he told them his last name was Fragas not Fracasso because the place wouldn't hire Italians.
    Yup.

What federal program did he file a complaint under? I am sure there was some form of a quota system back then that forced him to get hired somewhere. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    You are obviously over 50 West Side
    No. Not even close.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Yup.

What federal program did he file a complaint under? I am sure there was some form of a quota system back then that forced him to get hired somewhere. Right?
    None. They dealt with it. There were no handouts unless someone within the community helped others in their community.

Ah..yes...and that now justifies continuing racism by people of Italian decent.

But let's also note - all your grandfather had to do was lie about his last name. Do you think that same employer was hiring blacks instead of Italians?

How would a black person change their skin color the way an Italian changed their last name to get a job?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Buffalopundit
    Singling out Asian students as being "not from around here" and "He said he selected Asians as an example of out-of-state students because it is easy to assume they are not from the area, an assumption for which he apologized." That makes him a racist. Sending around pictures of the President and First Lady dressed in 70s blaxploitation "pimp and 'ho" outfit is evidence of his racism. Defending Mascia - and the excuses he gave - is evidence of his racism.
    I would say that is your opinion. Not a "fact"

I'm not defending Carl. I'm just pointing out your logic that I think is flawed.

I also don't think popping over a picture of the president/first lady dressed as a pimp makes a person racist either. If this was true people who forwarded photos of other presidents who weren't black mocked up as what ever would make them racist. Wouldn't you agree? It goes both ways. Or is it a fact that only a white human can be a racist while any other color of human can not be racist? What is it? What is your opinion on that?

I'm not saying Carl is not a racist but some of the examples you tend to use on your blog in my opinion doesn't make one a racist.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I will say this.

Carl should not support Joe. There are 200,000 people in the City of Buffalo and there are many people better than Joe for city council. There was absolutely no excuse for how Joe responded even if egged on by Chris.

I will say this.

Carl should not support Joe. There are 200,000 people in the City of Buffalo and there are many people better than Joe for city council. There was absolutely no excuse for how Joe responded even if egged on by Chris.
    Maybe she can run? Attachment 4470
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit View Post
    No, just because he said "damn Asians" doesn't make him a racist.

Singling out Asian students as being "not from around here" and "He said he selected Asians as an example of out-of-state students because it is easy to assume they are not from the area, an assumption for which he apologized." That makes him a racist. Sending around pictures of the President and First Lady dressed in 70s blaxploitation "pimp and 'ho" outfit is evidence of his racism. Defending Mascia - and the excuses he gave - is evidence of his racism.

I don't really care whether or not you believe Carl to be a racist - I don't have to prove anything to you. I believe that he is a racist, and his trainwreck of an appearance on Sandy Beach's show cemented that point.

Carl Paladino is heavily invested in Joe Mascia, and likely feels some duty to defend him. Whatever. But the excuses he gave were at once hilarious and pathetic.

Some dummy up above showed that Democrats had given money to Mascia. So? Tell me when Mascia was ever endorsed by the party leaders or hierarchy. Show me where he won an election to anything other than the BMHA. Show me where he received widespread support - from donors, politicos, or rank & file committee members for any run. Indeed, showing me that he is Mickey Kearns' buddy merely underscores that he's an outsider, shunned by the party.

Also, "Turning Albany Upside Down" - that's Carl Paladino's PAC. That's his exploitation of lax BOE rules to have his corporations and LLCs fund a PAC to help elect idiots who will do Carl's bidding, and also to help fund Carl's own self-promotion.
    I agree with everything but this -
    Sending around pictures of the President and First Lady dressed in 70s blaxploitation "pimp and 'ho" outfit is evidence of his racism.
    I would be laughing just as much as if the pics were of George and Laura Bush in their Pimp and Ho costumes. There are white pimps and white whores.

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Maybe she can run? Attachment 4470
    Maybe she and Joe are related.

There's no way anyone should be surprised by this in the least. Paladino is heavily invested in Mascia, which just goes to show you that the old adage about fools and their money is dead on.
    That article/column is dead-on. Mascia's like the poor redneck white boy back in the 1950s who donned his sheet and burned a cross in some black person's yard. Paladino is like the rich, respectable Southern aristocrat who instructed the sheriff not to worry about a little arson in the black part of town.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

With Paladino’s support, Mascia vows to continue his run for Common Council

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...uncil-20150729

I'm sort of lost here. This is the oddest thing I thought I would ever read in the Buffalo News.

I just emailed Carl

I wonder what his response if one will be.
    ^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    Drop him? He should have never even defended him; the damage is already done - dropping him does nothing now. He should have said " I'm very disappointed because he represented a balance against the corruption, but..."
    I just love the naivete of Paladino groupies.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Why does the actions and words of this idiot somehow remove any interest in a 'set-up' by Giambra and Co. for you?
    If Mascia didn't regularly use racist epithets to refer to blacks, he couldn't have been "set up" could he? Most people don't go around with their cell phones set to record casual conversations with acquaintances/co-workers unless they have some reason to suspect that that person/people are going to say something that they want to record.

Furthermore, there is absolutely no proof that this was in any way orchestrated by Giambra, only Matthew Ricchiazzi's speculation -- and Ricchiazzi is a Mascia supporter, and undoubtedly a Paladino groupie, too.

So, the guy who taped Mascia was a Giambra cohort. So what? Maybe the guy who recorded this got sick of listening to Mascia calling blacks ******s, and doesn't think he should be in public office. Maybe Giambra is sick of it, too, and doesn't think he should be in public office. As much as I dislike Joel Giambra, I seriously can not consider outing a bigot before an election a bad thing.

Maybe this is another thread....

Carl is an old school Buffalo racist. So is Mascia. So is a very high % of folks from North and South Buffalo who are north of 50. As someone who has spent a considerable amount of time in the South, the Buffalo Racist is not the same as say a Southern Racist. Don't get me wrong, they are both racist by definition but they are different. The primary difference between a 'Buffalo Racist' and a 'Southern Racist' is how these folks were raised and more importantly, who they were raised by. If you're someone of Italian or Irish heritage in Buffalo and you're north of 50, you were likely raised in Irish and Italian neighborhoods in Buffalo and by parents/grandparents who were treated with a similar amount of disrespect that Blacks get today back in the first quarter of the last century. This fact is important.

NOBODY alive today has a real connection to slavery. And while the black community had some horrible things happen to them in the South with segregation (see Souther Racist) it was not as close to being the same in the North. In fact, if anyone actually bothered to study and understand the history of things...you would find that first and sometimes second generation Irish and Italian Americans were treated just as bad, if not worse, at the turn of the last century than Blacks of America today. Just as the treatment of Chinese, Japanese Americans on the west coast and Mexican Americans today all have some dark sh*t involved.

Anyways, the Buffalo Racist is not really about thinking blacks should be slaves or blacks are less than human (which is a key focus of Southern Racism) but rather a complete lack of respect for the race and community. Many of these folks have watched once proud and strong neighborhoods fall into ruin and (regardless of the external socioeconomic conditions and policies that have played a huge roll in this) they simply don't respect them. This is the same exact disrespect that the parents and grandparents of the likes of Carl and Mascia faced in the Irish and Italian communities. The primary difference is the Irish, Italians, Chinese and Japanese communities have been able to break away from this lack of respect, by and large, after a few generations. Years of conversations could happen as to why this is the case.

Another point...for the progressive a**holes here who like to wag their finger at others.

The lack of respect for others, the existence of hate for others, the wish for oppression of others is alive an well in many places in American society.

Just look at how many of those without faith view those of faith. There is an hate there. Just look at how many of the 3rd gen feminists hate men. There is a hate there. This does not mean that a progressive is unable to have coffee or be friends with a strict Catholic or a feminist is unable to work side by side or have a friendship with a man....but there is a generalized hate for another group of people based on a wide spectrum classification that has NOTHING to do with who they really are as an individual.

The key differences here is two-fold.

First, in our backwards politically correct society, it's completely acceptable to hate those of faith and hate men. Second, this hate does not have a trigger. For blacks, we call know the trigger word. You say a single word to summarize your complete lack of respect or hate for a group and you're pond scum. Which is an acceptable outcome because that's not acceptable to do so.

The greater point. We're all a**holes in our own way. We all disrespect people in our own way. Some of us are just willing to accept that and others are not. Take nogods for example. This person is one of the biggest a**holes I have ever encountered online. He/she is filled with hate for so many but wags their fingers at others. The reason, they play inside of the politically correct ballpark. They are just as bad as Mascia but are too stupid to realize it.

I think Mascia should get everything that is coming to him. But I also know that others are just as bad in their own why.
    This is nothing but a bunch of excuses for rude and crude Buffalo racists. It's time for the stupid racists from Buffalo's racist enclaves to join the 21st century and realize that their language is not acceptable in the rest of the world. They don't realize it because people like you and Carl Paladino who share their sentiments but are smart enough to camouflage your bigotry don't tell them to shut the hell up.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    ^^^

I just love the naivete of Paladino groupies.
    The naivete level of many in the democratic party far exceed the Paladino groupies.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information