Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Diane Benczkowski Supports $15/hr for Fast Food Workers

Alice is a lifetime wart on the taxpayers of cheektowaga. Diane wants to become one. Neither one of them should be anywhere near a public paycheck again.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Are you supporting Alice?
    res that is a waste of a vote if you vote for her.. useless
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Alice is a lifetime wart on the taxpayers of cheektowaga. Diane wants to become one. Neither one of them should be anywhere near a public paycheck again.
    Do you have a 3rd candidate? Is it just the 2 Dems running?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Do you have a 3rd candidate? Is it just the 2 Dems running?
    No other viable candidate so far so it will come down to the lesser of those two evils.

Right now I think Diane is the better choice if no other reason to keep Frank Max's hands out of our pockets.

But it won't be long before Wegner out-Franks Frank.

Ted and Angela were making progress. Had Angela stayed and Ted run town board, i think the republicans would be well position for one of them to now be running for supervisor and perhaps carry a new town board member or two on their coat tails.

Unfortunately they both saw greener grass elsewhere for their political careers. The effect was the equivalent of leaving Iraq to be run by the Iraqis.

So we are left with a town that will elect democrats for the foreseeable future, which means we have to change the Democratic party from within. I think the best we can do right now is never vote for an incumbent - send all politicians a message that its a one-term job until a whole new generation of politicians comes along.

All this thread confirms is that Cheektowaga is a dumpster fire.

Tonight I'm going to message the facebook link you sent me to ask how to get that flyer changed and to also see who is lying.
    By "flyer" you mean signed letter sent directly to the governor? And by changed, you mean why you are lying saying she flip-flopped?

You won;t have the guts to contact the working families party.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveItOrLeaveIt14227 View Post
    By "flyer" you mean signed letter sent directly to the governor? And by changed, you mean why you are lying saying she flip-flopped?

lol....sounds like a challenge!

SOMEONE is not telling the truth...or they really enjoy sitting on the fence!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveItOrLeaveIt14227 View Post

I want Diane to win unless we have someone qualified to step up to the plate. From the two people we have to chose from we don't want Diane to lose the WPF endorsement. So we are going to let the WPF party tell their members to vote for Diane. Wouldn't you agree?

Now I'm going to just say it. I see no positive change if either are elected as supervisor. What I have seen from Diane is finger pointing that in the end turned out to be true. Which is good.

What Diane has to learn you can not play favorites when it comes to who you are pointing a finger at.

Makes no difference what political party someone is in, makes no difference who is related to who and it makes no difference who is a friend of a friend. You play no favorites because all it does is create nepotism.

This is why a party officer/chairman should not be allowed to work for our town. Think includes Diane if she is still Vice what ever for the Erie County Democratic Party. As a property owner/business owner that is not in my best interests. I'm waiting for nogods. The winners get to do what they want and the losers get to whine about it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    lol....sounds like a challenge!

SOMEONE is not telling the truth...or they really enjoy sitting on the fence!
    Someone stopped in last night to chat. They said don't do anything to lose the WPF endorsement even if you don't agree with that letter if you want Diane to beat Alice.

This is what Diane said in an email -
    No I am not for the $15 an hour minimum wage for fast food workers. I also did not sign any petition stating I was.
    I should explain that I am endorsed by the Working Families party. I am assuming I ended up on their list because I am their endorsed candidate, but I am not sure. I tried to find out how that happened, but it is coming from the state level and it is difficult to get any answers.
    I take Diane at her word. It's very possible that the state committee cherry picked local endorsed candidates and placed those names at the bottom of that letter.

Georgia L Schlager

Someone stopped in last night to chat. They said don't do anything to lose the WPF endorsement even if you don't agree with that letter if you want Diane to beat Alice.
    I don't think it is going to be that close. Half of Alice's base will probably die before election day.

Topical post on the NY Times regarding what the $15 wage means to various cities.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/13/up...abt=0002&abg=0

The short of it is you would be an idiot to think $15h works everywhere and not consider the local economy. Some obvious idiots in Cheektowaga and the Peoples Republic of Working Families Party.

Fortunately, economists have a handy tool for gauging the likely impact of minimum-wage increases: the ratio of the minimum wage to the wage of workers in the very middle of the income distribution, known as the median wage. The higher the ratio of the minimum to the median, the greater the boost to workers.

But the higher that ratio, the greater risk of job losses, too. Where is the point at which job loss risk exceeds the benefit to workers? There is some evidence that cities and states have managed to absorb increases when the minimum wage is in the neighborhood of 50 percent of the median, even a bit higher. But economists have very few historical examples of increases that go beyond 60 percent. And even some economists who are at ease with moderate increases in the minimum wage worry that a minimum wage in that 60 percent range or higher could produce significant job losses.

So if the median income in Buffalo in 2013 was $50,248, that's about $24.15 per hour.
    The $15. minimum is 62% of $24.15. That would result in significant job loss, correct Lefty?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    So if the median income in Buffalo in 2013 was $50,248, that's about $24.15 per hour.
    The $15. minimum is 62% of $24.15. That would result in significant job loss, correct Lefty?
    That's how I read it.

That said, San Fran has the highest median wage at $25.27. NYC is $21.73. These economists think LA is going to have trouble with $15.

economists have a handy tool for gauging the likely impact of minimum-wage increases
    Can anyone name one economists that propounds that "handy tool"? I'm not saying there are none, i just couldn't find one doing a google search. I did find thousands of pages claiming economists have a handy tool, but no economist claiming they adhere to that handy tool.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information