Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Town Clerk Johana Metz Coleman retire or resign and run for Supervisor ?

Should Town Clerk Johana Metz Coleman retire or resign and run for Supervisor ?

Should our Town Clerk Johana Coleman - who is a declared candidate for Town Supervisor - Retire or Resign and Campaign ?

Many wonder how she can effectively handle her duties at Town Hall - while Campaigning for higher office ?

Be sides being Town Clerk - she also carries at least three other titles (pay lines). I don't have the complete list but will try and post them soon - or if anyone else wants to - that would be helpful !

But resident taxpayers wonder - how can she work - seemingly full time days - part time nights and run a campaign in between ?

One thing on her side - she has a rather large Town Hall staff to support her. By one report - larger than most Town Clerks in our part of Erie County !

I guess that helps when you need people to cover you while your making/answering private phone calls - or meeting with Committee/Campaign workers in your Town Hall Office or the Conference room slightly hidden behind the main meeting Hall -

Believe me - I know how important money is for anyone -

I'm sure she has a ton of saved up time she could use (Comp/sick/vacation) - why not take some time off and use that for campaigning ?

Retirement is a option - I suppose she could put in her request and just go campaigning - OH but that would reduce her income !(to about only three times what the average taxpayers earns a month)

Well either way it must be quite tiring to work 50-70 hours a week - 8 hour days - go to all those Planning Board Meetings, Town Board Meetings at night and hold three other titles all while campaigning
    Last edited by 4248; July 25th, 2015 at 01:44 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Originally posted by 4248:
    Be sides being Town Clerk - she also carries at least three other titles (pay lines). I don't have the complete list but will try and post them soon - or if anyone else wants to - that would be helpful !
    Town clerk
    Records Management officer
    Registrar of Vital statistics
    Clerk to the Zoning board

Doesn't Fudoli work full time hours and have a Personal training business and property management business?

Georgia L Schlager

Some people may consider this double dipping .

It would be interesting to see if there is a Republican majority if all the stipends are removed from the town clerk, highway superintendent, and doesn't Simme get a stipend for something that McCracken used to get?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    It would be interesting to see if there is a Republican majority if all the stipends are removed from the town clerk, highway superintendent, and doesn't Simme get a stipend for something that McCracken used to get?
    McCracken's stipend for property manager was Code Enforcement's first, then McCracken's. Can't find it in the budget. Did they eliminate it or increase someone's salary to include it?

Georgia L Schlager

Gotta love the politics!!

On an unrelated note: Please read the article in this week's Lancaster Sun about the young lady who is turning 22 soon and has a myriad of health problems. You have to read the article to get the full story on her. Her mother is requesting that the "city of good neighbors" mail her birthday cards. How about we all take a break from politics and mail a card? The voters will take care of our local government, let's take a minute for this young lady. Try this link to the paper (if it doesn't work, google The Lancaster Sun): http://issuu.com/communitypapersofwn...79457/14393857

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseplease View Post
    Gotta love the politics!!

On an unrelated note: Please read the article in this week's Lancaster Sun about the young lady who is turning 22 soon and has a myriad of health problems. You have to read the article to get the full story on her. Her mother is requesting that the "city of good neighbors" mail her birthday cards. How about we all take a break from politics and mail a card? The voters will take care of our local government, let's take a minute for this young lady. Try this link to the paper (if it doesn't work, google The Lancaster Sun): http://issuu.com/communitypapersofwn...79457/14393857
    Great idea!!! http://issuu.com/communitypapersofwn...79457/14393857

Georgia L Schlager

Its just so hard to believe one person could do so much ?

Doesn't the Town Clerk also over see the tax collection office ? She also handles the sales and such for animal licesences - hunting and fishing licenses and such.

So these carry salaries or stipends:
    Town clerk - salary/tax funded paycheck
    + Records Management officer - stipend/tax funded paycheck
    + Registrar of Vital statistics - stipend/tax funded paycheck
    + Clerk to the Zoning board - stipend/tax funded paycheck
    = One healthy monthly take home = One hell of a good tax funded life time pension and benefits.

Maybe all this is part of why she has been to busy to update and attend to the Financial disclosure forms she is supposed to have. I believe they are supposed to be filed by elected and appointed officials when their employment begins - and also updated as needed or yearly. They are supposed to be easily available for public viewing upon request !

But like I said - with one of the largest tax funded Town Hall staffs in the County - I guess maybe she should share some of those stipends with the other tax funded workers who cover her day to day.

Many people have said the Supervisors job should be less than full time - maybe Town Clerk Coleman could make it part time if she wins ? Some one should ask her opinion on that !

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    LOL!! Thanks for posting the correct link. I'll just never get the hang of this. Sorry for my incompetence!

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseplease View Post
    LOL!! Thanks for posting the correct link. I'll just never get the hang of this. Sorry for my incompetence!
    Anytime, commonsense. Thanks for posting it to begin with

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Should our Town Clerk Johana Coleman - who is a declared candidate for Town Supervisor - Retire or Resign and Campaign ?

Many wonder how she can effectively handle her duties at Town Hall - while Campaigning for higher office ?

But resident taxpayers wonder - how can she work - seemingly full time days - part time nights and run a campaign in between ?

One thing on her side - she has a rather large Town Hall staff to support her. By one report - larger than most Town Clerks in our part of Erie County !

I guess that helps when you need people to cover you while your making/answering private phone calls - or meeting with Committee/Campaign workers in your Town Hall Office or the Conference room slightly hidden behind the main meeting Hall -

I'm sure she has a ton of saved up time she could use (Comp/sick/vacation) - why not take some time off and use that for campaigning ?

Retirement is a option - I suppose she could put in her request and just go campaigning - OH but that would reduce her income !(to about only three times what the average taxpayers earns a month)

Well either way it must be quite tiring to work 50-70 hours a week - 8 hour days - go to all those Planning Board Meetings, Town Board Meetings at night and hold three other titles all while campaigning
    I have absolutely no problem with Mrs. Coleman serving out her term while campaigning for higher office. Although I am a Republican, the Metz family have been my neighbors for sixty years, and I know her to be a very capable person. While not intending on supporting her campaign for Supervisor, I have no problem with her dual role(s) and Clerk and campaigner. My only concern is the vote canvass in November. I hope she will recuse herself regarding that process.

I also call upon Ms.Terranova to recuse herself from the same vote canvass/certification process. The positions that both Mrs. Coleman and Ms. Terranova hold, are unique, in that the duties of their offices require them to function as registrar(s), and therefore, their participation in the above-stated process may appear to be a conflict of personal interest, and as such, both should avoid, the appearance of impropriety.

You have a valid - important point ! As long as their Town Hall and other hours can be verified - I guess we have to give them the benefit of the doubt - but it ain't easy with the way they run things over there.

With no one over seeing their payrolls - when people can claim their working under 4/5 different titles or supposed jobs scenarios/locations - who knows where or when they could be in one place or another !

You have a valid - important point ! As long as their Town Hall and other hours can be verified - I guess we have to give them the benefit of the doubt - but it ain't easy with the way they run things over there.

With no one over seeing their payrolls - when people can claim their working under 4/5 different titles or supposed jobs scenarios/locations - who knows where or when they could be in one place or another !
    You are a strong common sense argument. But, the minute we say Coleman should quit, they'll be barking about Dino and Russ. So, lets focus on the unique aspect of the Clerk's Office that may possibly constitute a conflict of interest.

Town clerk - salary/tax funded paycheck
    + Records Management officer - stipend/tax funded paycheck
    + Registrar of Vital statistics - stipend/tax funded paycheck
    + Clerk to the Zoning board - stipend/tax funded paycheck
    = One healthy monthly take home = One hell of a good tax funded life time pension and benefits.

I'm anxious to see if the Republicans do get a majority, if all these stipends disappear. I'll be looking forward to seeing the January 4, 2016 agenda with these abolishments.

Georgia L Schlager

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information