Thread: Orchard Park board to drop insurance for members

Orchard Park board to drop insurance for members

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/844576.html

When will West Seneca be next? Time to eliminate lifetime benefits!

Let the Union get their own insurance plans.

After the downsizing, I'm sure that will be the first thing on Wally's agenda. I bet we pay almost as much for Wally's family to be insured as the annual salary for one councilmember.

It's More BS.....

The Buffalo News article is (perhaps typically) incomplete - there is much more BS in OP than meets the eye. The headline is silly.

What was dropped was "health insurance" for OP councilpersons - but none of these characters take it anymore anyway, as is mentioned by Supervisor Murphy in the article (the last one gave it up this year).

This is nothing more than our typical entrenched-majority party status-quo "fiscally responsible" pols agreeing to cut something out of the budget that's already gone so they can say "we saved the taxpayer some money."

BS.

All still get the famous $2400/year "health insurance waiver." That was not touched, of course.

Two of them also get dental coverage (costs $770/yr) and three of them get life insurance (costs $103/yr).

NYS retirement was not touched (one you're in, you're in). One of them has waived retirement all together, but the other three are alive and well in the retirement system - in 2009, they each get a 2009 Town taxpayer contribution of $1,469 - which will grow in 2010 and beyond.

Except in 2010, there will be 2 instead of 4 to pay for.

FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by opfrontdoor View Post
    Except in 2010, there will be 2 instead of 4 to pay for.
    Oops - I meant 2012. Wishful thinking.

I believe Mr. Piotrowski is the only one that accepts the health insurance on the current WS Town Board. My lawsuit is challenging whether the in lieu stipend is authorized under the General Municipal Law.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    I believe Mr. Piotrowski is the only one that accepts the health insurance on the current WS Town Board. My lawsuit is challenging whether the in lieu stipend is authorized under the General Municipal Law.
    But they can accept the benefits before leaving office, if they decide to do that and if they serve enough years in office.

Wait and see, if anyone does this come Dec.

Thread Information