Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: who let the dogs out?

all in favor of changing nogods screenname to 'nodogs" say "AYE"

I love my dog, but if she ever did this to me I'd have to take away her TV privileges for a week or two:

Rescued dog mauls man in vicious attack

St. Paul - 10/29/2009 - A dog rescued by a retired police officer attacked him Sunday — inflicting hideous wounds on his face.

Jim Stewart, 53, of Woodbury, reportedly suffered a severed ear and had the skin torn away from most of his face in the attack. He was listed Thursday evening in good condition at Regions Hospital in St. Paul.

The attacker was a bulldog named Igor, which Stewart had obtained from an animal rescue group in Texas.

Football quotes - Conrad Dobler

My father gave me a piece of advice: He said, "Never buy anything that eats while you sleep."
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

That's it....no more rescuing dogs ....ever!

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    Football quotes - Conrad Dobler

My father gave me a piece of advice: He said, "Never buy anything that eats while you sleep."

good one - worth repeating

I wonder if the dog asked for spaghetti with those meat balls:

A 44-year-old Appleton, Wisconsin man was hospitalized after being bitten by a dog as he delivered food Friday night to a home

Grand Chute police said the unprovoked dog bite happened about 7:30 p.m. Friday when the rottweiler got past the owner, who was paying for the food, and bit the deliveryman in the groin. The victim was taken by ambulance to Appleton Medical Center.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    That's it....no more rescuing dogs ....ever!
    I have 2 rescue dogs. I love my dogs! I have to say, I got them as puppies. This usually makes a difference. However, I did rescue a rottie puppie, I had to put her down. She wanted my daughter's place in the pecking order. So much so, she drew blood. This puppy was only 4 months old. This was not good. The vet said the rottie was vicious, so we put her down.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    I have 2 rescue dogs. I love my dogs! I have to say, I got them as puppies. This usually makes a difference. However, I did rescue a rottie puppie, I had to put her down. She wanted my daughter's place in the pecking order. So much so, she drew blood. This puppy was only 4 months old. This was not good. The vet said the rottie was vicious, so we put her down.
    It's difficult to put down a dog, but sometimes necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    It's difficult to put down a dog, but sometimes necessary.
    She was a good dog with me. She was true to her breed in intelligence and loyalty (to me) But my daughter was just a little girl at the time. Can you imagine a full grown rottie attacking a little girl? I did and knew that I couldn't allow that to happen, to me or anyone else. It was so sad that day, but I know in my heart that I did the right thing for both the dog and my family.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Any dog can be vicious:

Ferocity behind the fluff

Australia, 11-02-2009:

THEY may look like a cute and cuddly fur ball, but the Maltese terrier has appeared on the State Government’s top 20 most ferocious dogs list.

It is the first time the terrier has ended up on the Dog Attack Register after being involved in 12 attacks in NSW in the period from July to September 2009. It is now number 19 on the list.

Local Government Minister Barbara Perry said it was a surprise for the terrier to appear on the register but a reminder that any breed had the potential to turn nasty.

Man arraigned in dog attack on 5-year-old girl

Nov. 17, 2009 - Philadelphia PA:

A Plymouth Township man was arraigned yesterday, accused of failing to control a pet dog that bit a 5-year-old girl Oct. 5, severely injuring her throat.

Hospitalized 23 days, the girl faces surgery and speech therapy.

Gary McKeown, 53, owner of Maple Acre Farms on Narcissa Road in Plymouth Meeting, is charged with reckless endangerment, violating the state's dog-safety law, and failing to license his dog since 2007. He was released on $50,000 unsecured bail.

Louisville, KY, coroner blames dog attack for death of Hardin County woman

A dog attacked and killed a Hardin County woman whose body was found in a field near her home following an overnight search, the county coroner’s office said Thursday

“The cause of death was head injuries from a dog attack,” deputy coroner John Clemens said of the findings of an autopsy on Karen Gillespie.

The body of Gillespie, 53, a retired librarian, was found Wednesday in a field near her home on Web Mill Road in White Mills after a night-long search.

Hardin County Animal Control removed a dog believed responsible for the attack from an adjacent property.

Gillespie’s husband, Stephen, said his wife had gone searching Tuesday evening for remnants of an old one-room schoolhouse she planned to photograph. He grew suspicious when she failed the return and reported her missing around 7 p.m.

“He and family members started looking, and they had the Hardin County Rescue Squad and a police helicopter out there looking Tuesday night,” Clemens said. “The rescue squad found her around 9 Wednesday morning.”

so between dog farts and random acts of violance we gonna outlaw dogs next?
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information