Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell, Squaw Island.

Thumbs down Farewell, Squaw Island.

Give me damn break .. these politicians have nothing else to do but worry about stuff like this a joke..

Golombek said it time “to change a name that’s questionable, at best, to a name that I think all the residents of the City of Buffalo can feel proud of and to something that we can all strive to be.” I was proud of the name it had..

Not everyone who spoke at the public hearing agreed that the name was appropriate.

Robert Chambers, a Riverside resident, balked at the idea of any members of the original Five Nations of the Iroquois Confederacy being involved in the renaming of the island which, he said, once was inhabited by a tribe called the Kahquahs that was wiped out by the Iroquois in the late 1700s.

“Personally, I think it’s ridiculous that anyone from Five Nations would be involved in renaming the island because that’s originally the land of the Kahquahs. They were the only nonviolent, peaceful tribe known in North America,” Chambers said.

“I think if you’re going to rename it, name it after this nonviolent tribe, the Kahquahs,” he added.

Seneca Nation President Maurice A. John Sr. (oh cry me a river) said the use of the term squaw is not only racist, BS... but a disrespectful slur towards Native American women.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Here's a clue for you - if you want to have an intelligent rationale discussion about whether the name of an island is racist or others so offensive that it should be changed, it's best not to use an ignorant racists symbol as your avatar.

Its a battle flag nothing more.. was general Lee a racist..? slave ships did not sail this flag while bring in slaves to this country. right away the libs see this being racist like squaw island that's my discussion. as for mayor erkel another pussy politician.. WBEN new poll on the flag was 10 to one keep the flag so all those people are that voted for it are racist.

Just how is a flag racist exactly?
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    Its a battle flag nothing more.. was general Lee a racist..? slave ships did not sail this flag while bring in slaves to this country. right away the libs see this being racist like squaw island that's my discussion. as for mayor erkel another pussy politician.. WBEN new poll on the flag was 10 to one keep the flag so all those people are that voted for it are racist.
    Thank you for confirming your ignorance of history. It is the flag of the Confederate States. Have you ever read the The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States? Their main reason for seceding was to preserve slavery and prevent the non-slave states from interfering with slavery.

so go ahead - continue waving that symbol of your racism. Better that we know who you racist are anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Thank you for confirming your ignorance of history. It is the flag of the Confederate States. Have you ever read the The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States? Their main reason for seceding was to preserve slavery and prevent the non-slave states from interfering with slavery.

so go ahead - continue waving that symbol of your racism. Better that we know who you racist are anyway.

Obama and Eric Holder are racists, rabid anti-Semites and rabid anti-Catholics. But who's keeping score? Certainly not the major news networks, one of which has just announced the triumphal return of Story Time with Brian Williams

Here's a clue for you - if you want to have an intelligent rationale discussion about whether the name of an island is racist or others so offensive that it should be changed, it's best not to use an ignorant racists symbol as your avatar.
    He's the same guy that starts a thread about African-American teenagers with "Those Blacks" and honestly doesn't see that as being racist. He's like an Archie Bunker frozen in time since 1970.

NG.. America is Showing its “Redneck” and it is Outstanding!!!

The outrage on the Confederate Flag is giving Memorabilia an Unintended Consequence!!

Will this be the straw that FINALLY breaks the back of “Political Correctness”??

We are being told what we can and can’t say and told how to think!

When is enough, enough!?

Hat tip: ijreview.com–

CNN Money has been actively tracking and interviewing stores that sell the items, such as Flag and Banner, based in Little Rock, Arkansas.

A small business owner, Freddie Rich, who runs the Rebel Store in North Carolina, said that sales are “unbelievable right now. This is something I never envisioned.”

He has sold nearly 200 flags in 24 hours, and included this message on his site:

“We appreciate your support during this terribly sad time while the intolerant, the mean spirited, and the uneducated attack our Proud Southern Heritage with a vengeance.

Sorry – we have sold out. Thank you so much – our faith in the South has been renewed!

If you have already placed an order with us – please be patient and rest assured that we are working as quickly as possible to get your order out to you and we will send an email as soon as we ship with the tracking information. We have received over 3,000 orders in less than 24 hours, when a good day for us is 20 orders in 24 hours. We are filling them and shipping in the order in which they were received.

As soon as we are ‘caught up’ with the backlog, we will again have the website back up and running.”
    There’s still no verdict on whether or not the Confederate flag will be removed from the South Carolina statehouse grounds, but that hasn’t stopped people from scooping up whatever they can get their hands on after large vendors ceased sales.

Read more at http://joeforamerica.com/2015/06/ban...d-consequence/
    Last edited by cheekman; June 25th, 2015 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    He's the same guy that starts a thread about African-American teenagers with "Those Blacks" and honestly doesn't see that as being racist. He's like an Archie Bunker frozen in time since 1970.
    so what wrong with that? ok african american blacks that keep shooting up the city.. and killing each other..

Robert Chambers, a Riverside resident, balked at the idea of any members of the original Five Nations of the Iroquois Confederacy being involved in the renaming of the island which, he said, once was inhabited by a tribe called the Kahquahs that was wiped out by the Iroquois in the late 1700s.

“Personally, I think it’s ridiculous that anyone from Five Nations would be involved in renaming the island because that’s originally the land of the Kahquahs. They were the only nonviolent, peaceful tribe known in North America,” Chambers said.

“I think if you’re going to rename it, name it after this nonviolent tribe, the Kahquahs,” he added.
    So anyways, I like what Robert Chambers of Black Rock said. It should be named for the Kahquahs. That's the least they could do; it's a much more historic, authentic and cooler name than "Unity" (barf).

so what wrong with that? ok african american blacks that keep shooting up the city.. and killing each other..
    You were actually referring to a couple teenagers goofing around in the mall in Cheektowaga.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    So anyways, I like what Robert Chambers of Black Rock said. It should be named for the Kahquahs. That's the least they could do; it's a much more historic, authentic and cooler name than "Unity" (barf).
    Agreed that 'Unity' was a cheesy choice ...

White people shouldn't have a say in it since they wiped out the Iroquois Nation
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Wow nogods im shocked! You totally missed the ball on that one! It was about states rights, slavery just happened to be a convenient part of it

Its also interesting how you conveniently left out the fact that black people SOLD their 'brothers' to the slave trade in africa...white people exploited this perversion and profitted. However it was their 'brothers' in africa that sold them as cattle. Wheres the out rage for that?
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    Wow nogods im shocked! You totally missed the ball on that one! It was about states rights, slavery just happened to be a convenient part of it

Its also interesting how you conveniently left out the fact that black people SOLD their 'brothers' to the slave trade in africa...white people exploited this perversion and profitted. However it was their 'brothers' in africa that sold them as cattle. Wheres the out rage for that?
    No - it was not about states rights. It was about slavery - exactly as they stated in their manifestos for seceding. States rights was a convenient excuse. The only right they wanted was to continue to own black people as property.

Confederate states did claim the right to secede, but no state claimed to be seceding for that right. In fact, Confederates opposed states’ rights — that is, the right of Northern states not to support slavery.

On Dec. 24, 1860, delegates at South Carolina’s secession convention adopted a “Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union.” It noted “an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery” and protested that Northern states had failed to “fulfill their constitutional obligations” by interfering with the return of fugitive slaves to bondage. Slavery, not states’ rights, birthed the Civil War.
    Five myths about why the South seceded

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information