Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: High Cholestrol

Thumbs up

I found this site interesting and somehow thought about WNY Resident latest contest: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...806455673.html

I just ate one pomegranate. Delicious! Back in Ukraine, we had plenty of them coming from Georgia, the former republic-now independent country.

wELL THAT site was interesting

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
    I found this site interesting and somehow thought about WNY Resident latest contest: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...806455673.html

I just ate one pomegranate. Delicious! Back in Ukraine, we had plenty of them coming from Georgia, the former republic-now independent country.
    thanx, I will try it again. When my dad was alive, he loved the pomegranate. It's just the seeds are time consuming as we are too busy to be patient. Well good thought. The sorbet recipe sounds good enough to eat!!

So I did cut out all the bad foods. Last night I had my chicken harvest which consists of brown rice, squash, chicken filets and mushrooms. Sauteed in light olive oil and garlic....mmmmgood and is good for you.

Thumbs up Secrets to Political Shapes

What's wrong with the pomegramate seeds? I eat them because that where the most vitamins are located. Think about them as nuts and read the previous posts.

I bet we can come up with a new diet and try how it works. Later we can sell and write a book, "Pomegranate: Secrets to Political Shapes."

Do you know how many "granates" is recomended to eat per day to lower cholesterol?

[QUOTE=shortstuff;563627]Well they were so huge I couldn't get it down my throat, so then I went to the fish oil ~~oil. I thought I was gonna vomit!!! Gross.

The red yeast rice has a drug called "Lovastatin." This drug was made by Merck. This was the first statin discovered. But it exists naturally in red yeast rice. So I might try that.

Yes, give Red Yeast a try because it does work. If you get heartburn, however, stop taking it. Red Yeast does have a few "possible" side effects same as any other drug. I was fine taking 1X per day but no more.

Now, hey that sounds like a grand idea!

What's wrong with the pomegramate seeds? I eat them because that where the most vitamins are located. Think about them as nuts and read the previous posts.

I bet we can come up with a new diet and try how it works. Later we can sell and write a book, "Pomegranate: Secrets to Political Shapes."

Do you know how many "granates" is recomended to eat per day to lower cholesterol?
    Did you send a recipe into the contest? I did. //No I don't how many? Well this is on my grocery list to buy! They're in season right now.

The yeast, oh I am sure it has side effects, heartburn and I don't get along. Hmmm, but I refuse to take meds at this time, so I am trying everything. My cholesterol was 230!!! Yikes.

Thumbs up Healthy mind and body

I don't believe in any pills. My curable sources: healthy mind and body-positive and thoughts (age takes its effects no matter what you take. you have to accept it).
    I agree with having a glass of homemade wine, exercise, and socializing. If you think and worry too much-you'll be out too soon. Meet people-network. Be yourself. Move, move, move. Your cholesterol lever will get in shape when you fight its enemy.

Do you want to win?

I don't believe in any pills. My curable sources: healthy mind and body-positive and thoughts (age takes its effects no matter what you take. you have to accept it).
    I agree with having a glass of homemade wine, exercise, and socializing. If you think and worry too much-you'll be out too soon. Meet people-network. Be yourself. Move, move, move. Your cholesterol lever will get in shape when you fight its enemy.

Do you want to win?
    Makes sense to me! I always remind myself that stress is my worst enemy..

Yia, maybe my stress with

the airport has caused the points to go up. That's it my stress is the factor. If we can get this situation under control my points will go down.

Socializing and me get along real well. I talk too much. Ever seen a chickens a--? Well that's how much I talk.

Thumbs up

Sounds you have great observational skills and can write well by paying attention to details. As a good editor will say, "Don't tell me, show me!"

I don't know if you are referring to me

but just in case you are, thanx. But being in the business of child cargiving I had to sharpen the tools.

We should do a thread on people's home remedies for other ailments such as colds & flu's, high blood pressure, etc.

Thumbs up

I've been doing some research today and this is what I've found: http://www.healthcentral.com/peoples...408/61202.html

I've been eating pomegranate since I was achild. It sure keep me healthy. I recommend it to everyone. Michelle, do you have any coupons for it?

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    pistachio nuts? The white ones?
    Problem with pistachios is that once I start eating them, I don't stop.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post

I love them and you can't just have a handful.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Just read that article,

I've been doing some research today and this is what I've found: http://www.healthcentral.com/peoples...408/61202.html

I've been eating pomegranate since I was achild. It sure keep me healthy. I recommend it to everyone. Michelle, do you have any coupons for it?
    very compelling! I mean men ~~get this it helps to prevent erectile dysfuntion. So it is a good idea for men to eat it also. It is a factor, helps aid in prevention of prostate cancer.

Another asset to the juice is for arthritis. Many good stuff in one fruit.

Zanna good find. thanx

Omg,

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    you are right about that, before I know it half the bag is gone. Oops there goes the pounds right? Well it does have good factors, like everything else moderation.

So check out the pomegranite.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information