Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Letter to the Citizens of Lackawanna

Letter to the Citizens of Lackawanna

An Open Letter To The Citizens of Lackawanna

On behalf of the members of the Citizens of Lackawanna’s Future, I wish to thank everyone who took the time to join us this past Thursday, October 22, for a council debate which was held for the First, Second and Third Ward candidates. We would also like to thank the Women League of Voters for being the moderator and timekeeper for this meeting. A special thank you to the candidates who have the courage to run for public office and face the citizens.

Although the City of Lackawanna has eight candidates running for council positions, only two participated; Ms. Andrea Haxton, the incumbent from the First Ward and newcomer Dennis M. Mulqueen who is seeking the Third Ward seat.

To our surprise, we found out that some candidates were told not to partake in this event, by all people, the chairman of their party. It is appalling that the chairman of any party would not encourage their endorsed candidate(s) to listen to and answer the people. As a matter of fact, the incumbent candidate for the second ward did everything but call our group liars when we informed him that the Woman League of Voters would be moderating. We had to contact the League during a council meeting for his verification of their assistance in this debate.

We have a real problem in Lackawanna concerning our elected officials and certain individuals who think they can just tell us what they are going to do and we, as citizens of this City do not have any say about the representation of our community. We must hold responsible any person, whether Democrat, Republican or otherwise, who knowingly avoids citizens from asking what they, as candidates, morally and ethically plan to do to for the people they wish to represent while in office.

As voters, we should not even contemplate giving someone a vote that does not have the valor to allow the residents of the ward in which they seek to represent, the opportunity to determine who is the best prospect worthy of their vote by asking them questions.

As Chairman of the Citizens of Lackawanna’s Future, I promise that we will keep the citizens of Lackawanna updated on what our elected city officials are doing and that we will hold each of them accountable for their actions and the representation of the needs of each of their wards while they are in office. After all, they work for us, not the other way around.

Sincerely,

John Ingram
    Chairman,
    Citizens of Lackawanna’s Future

Candidates seeking Lackawanna City Council seats

First Ward: Andrea Haxton, Incumbent
    Abdulsalam K. Noman
    Joseph Jerge
    William Minniefield

Second Ward: Geoffrey Szymanski, Incumbent
    Timothy Blarr

Third Ward: Francis Kulczyk, Incumbent
    Dennis M. Mulqueen

Post Facts!

My day was not going the way I planned it---I had the wrong shoes and lipstick with me, but at 6:59 I was calmly at my seat at the debate table and........BAM!
    NO opponents to debate the issues that plague Lackawanna with! What happened fellas??? No call---No show! You both could have been professional enough to call and decline the invitation. You both had committed to debate me so what happened to change your minds? You could have sent a representative. Short of a severe family or personal emergency I would have crawled there on my knees because I am so committed to the people/City of Lackawanna!
    The open letter states you guys were TOLD NOT to come--as a citizen I am horrified to think about what decisions you will be told to vote for if you get elected! More puppets to do boss hog's bidding? Please! You already told the public what you think about them!
    It is called accountability ---responsibility and BACKBONE! and I can not leave out Class!

Appr. 50 citizens came out to hear Lackawanna City Council Candidates debate each other about their city concerns and you guys stiff! Wow!

If I had employees like you two no-calls/no-shows I know what choice I would be forced to make! NO GO on with the job!

I must be a pretty powerful woman to scare two men away! I'm bad-I'm bad!
    Wooo Wooo!
    All kidding aside I find it an insult to the good people and it shouts from the mountaintops about what the Democratic Party of Lackawanna is all about---them self, NOT THE PEOPLE! What arrogance, audacity, and lack of caring about the public!

Silent majority it is time to unite and take back OUR city from the club who does not play by the rules.
    Go VoteGo VoteGo Vote!

There was a lot more than 50 people there!!

Thumbs up Count

Nobody kept a count? No sign up sheet to follow up?

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    My day was not going the way I planned it---I had the wrong shoes and lipstick with me, but at 6:59 I was calmly at my seat at the debate table and........BAM!
    NO opponents to debate the issues that plague Lackawanna with! What happened fellas??? No call---No show! You both could have been professional enough to call and decline the invitation. You both had committed to debate me so what happened to change your minds? You could have sent a representative. Short of a severe family or personal emergency I would have crawled there on my knees because I am so committed to the people/City of Lackawanna!
    The open letter states you guys were TOLD NOT to come--as a citizen I am horrified to think about what decisions you will be told to vote for if you get elected! More puppets to do boss hog's bidding? Please! You already told the public what you think about them!
    It is called accountability ---responsibility and BACKBONE! and I can not leave out Class!

Appr. 50 citizens came out to hear Lackawanna City Council Candidates debate each other about their city concerns and you guys stiff! Wow!

If I had employees like you two no-calls/no-shows I know what choice I would be forced to make! NO GO on with the job!

I must be a pretty powerful woman to scare two men away! I'm bad-I'm bad!
    Wooo Wooo!
    All kidding aside I find it an insult to the good people and it shouts from the mountaintops about what the Democratic Party of Lackawanna is all about---them self, NOT THE PEOPLE! What arrogance, audacity, and lack of caring about the public!

Silent majority it is time to unite and take back OUR city from the club who does not play by the rules.
    Go VoteGo VoteGo Vote!
    That is a great Letter! I wish i could print off copies and give them to All Of Andrea's oponents supporters. Better yet anyone know where i can get this thing blown up to poster size? Im serious for all the poeple who dont get online this letter needs to be seen by all....perfectly worded!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie_Whitfield View Post
    That is a great Letter! I wish i could print off copies and give them to All Of Andrea's oponents supporters. Better yet anyone know where i can get this thing blown up to poster size? Im serious for all the poeple who dont get online this letter needs to be seen by all....perfectly worded!
    You could put it on a billboard and it still wont matter. Its over for Andrea!! Noman crushed her in the primary and it will be a bigger margin of victory in november. So keep the money you were thinkin about using for copies or posters and use it for somethin else. Its not even gonna be close.

Thanks for your opinion but I also think that the Primary turn out was crappy also. Come on how many 1st ward residents are there eligible to vote? I will fully support my candidate till the end. Giving up now is crazy. Andrea is gaining votes everyday. The guy across the street is now an Andrea supporter and if it wasn't for such huge Arabic community support Noman would have no chance. Not once have i heard Noman speak on what he will do for Lackawanna. That in itself is scary and people are seeing that. So think as you do, it somewhat seems like you are scared about me getting the word out about the possible corruption that involves the other candidate. People should at least be able to make an informed decision before they cast their vote, my voice will help make that possible.

Talking Greatful!

Dear Lorrie and all Citizens who Believe in me,

THANK YOU ALL! Your support and kindness will never be forgotten!
    I appreciate everything that you do to help me! So many of you understand the fight------God Bless you for it!

Respectfully,
    Your Friend,
    Andrea Haxton

SUNSHINE PARTY!ANDREA===Sunshine PartyANDREA===SUNSHINE

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie_Whitfield View Post
    Thanks for your opinion but I also think that the Primary turn out was crappy also. Come on how many 1st ward residents are there eligible to vote? I will fully support my candidate till the end. Giving up now is crazy. Andrea is gaining votes everyday. The guy across the street is now an Andrea supporter and if it wasn't for such huge Arabic community support Noman would have no chance. Not once have i heard Noman speak on what he will do for Lackawanna. That in itself is scary and people are seeing that. So think as you do, it somewhat seems like you are scared about me getting the word out about the possible corruption that involves the other candidate. People should at least be able to make an informed decision before they cast their vote, my voice will help make that possible.
    Ask andrea who put her in office? The muslim community were her biggest supporters. What a big mistake that was. She turned on them after being elected. Ask her and im sure she will give you all the details. And why wouldnt noman have a chanceif not for the muslims? Please explain this hateful statement. He is way more liked in the first ward than andrea

Quote Originally Posted by la_rez View Post
    Noman crushed her in the primary and it will be a bigger margin of victory in november.
    The turn out of voters in the primary was very low. What makes you think it will be an even bigger margin in November?

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs View Post
    The turn out of voters in the primary was very low. What makes you think it will be an even bigger margin in November?
    Jerge had over 300 votes and he is backing noman. You might think thats not a big deal but its huge

[QUOTE=la_rez;563522]You could put it on a billboard and it still wont matter. Its over for Andrea!! Its not even gonna be close.[/QUOTE]

Well I am NO politician but, I wouldn't count Andrea out! When I heard no candidiate in my ward would be attending the debate...I did not attend. Shame on ME!

Yes, all candidates should have been there. Everything Andrea put in her post was right on. She won A LOT of support by showing up and answering questions.

I have only heard GOOD things about Andrea since that debate night. So....

What man has planned to use for evil, GOD WILL USE FOR GOOD.

BEST OF LUCK ANDREA!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wonder how much Jerge paid for them 300votes???

Jerge had over 300 votes and he is backing noman. You might think thats not a big deal but its huge
    Jerge backing Noman, what do you think that means? You say all Andrea does is COMPLAIN about the "good ole boys". She is not complaining, she is ENLIGHTENING citizens with the truth about what goes on in the orange crate. I do not know Mr. Noman and have absolutely nothing against him, however if Jerge's crew is backing him, then Noman is or will be beholding to the Democratic Party which will make him one of the "boys".

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyExp View Post
    If you have friends in others wards encourage them to vote those incumbents out, and give Dennis Mulqueen and Tim Blarr a chance. I think once that's accomplished Andrea will have much better rapport with the new council members.
    This is the way we should go.

Ask andrea who put her in office? The muslim community were her biggest supporters. What a big mistake that was. She turned on them after being elected. Ask her and im sure she will give you all the details. And why wouldnt noman have a chanceif not for the muslims? Please explain this hateful statement. He is way more liked in the first ward than andrea
    I don't feel it's a hateful statement at all. I don't have nothing against Muslims. But it is a fact if you drive around the 1st ward Nomans primary supporters are those of his own. If Noman were to run against Andrea 4 years ago who is to say that his Muslim supporters wouldn't have backed him up then. So for Andrea to have the Muslim support back than, great but I have no idea if a Muslim was running against her at that time. Andrea has many Muslim friends matter of fact I don't know one nationality Andrea isn't friends with, she's a people person. My gripe about Noman isn't what his beliefs are as long as he keeps them personal and don't bring them into political decisions, my problem is he cares not to say in detail what exactually he will do for Lackawanna. I have no doubt Noman has other supporters besides Muslims but all I'm saying is that people who share his beliefs are more likely to stick with what they know. I do not feel he is way more liked than Andrea. Andrea mingles with the residents, gives info about services and always makes her presence. Noman seems too reserved to be a "peoples Person". His wife will not mingle with no one besides Muslim women. I have to know my counsel person is a family person. His kids should be able to play with mine. He should personally invite the other kids on this street to functions in which he holds. A counsel person will always make the community aware of events. We never have received an invite in the 4 years we have lived by him. That's why I just feel he may be for his own people and not the whole community. So I ask again "what is his plans for the community as a whole"? My personal opinion and I could be wrong and that's to be proven - my worry is that since the Muslims follow such strict ways in life that his beliefs will come before what's good for the whole community. Do you think it's possible to separate religion and politics?

Sorry if this offenede anyone...it wasn't ment to :-(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information