Thread: Political double talk!

Cool Political double talk!

You know the more I read certain peoples posts -
    it becomes more evident - "Politics"

I first must say, many people appreciate "Activists" - many people applaud those who "Get Involved" - welcome honest open debate.

First let me say this about myself, I am now a registered Republican. I have been Politically active since Jack Kemp ran for office (I was a registered Democrat). I actively campaigned for Dennis Gorski, while I was a Republican. I am not stuck on "Party Lines," rather I view them as clubs, not a life style choice or religion.

I read Mr.DTwarrens messages and his "Press Release"
    Warren & Monolopolus' statement on Justice Siwek's decision

"Justice Siwek and her staff recognized the importance of the issue raised by the cause of action seeking a determination on the effective date of the measure adopted by the voters to reduce the number of town board members from four to two. Justice Siwek heard extensive oral argument on two occasions and along with her staff independently researched this issue prior to reaching a determination on this very important issue of first impression in this state."
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This paragraph(above), among other things he's posted bothers me the most.

The part of his recent lawsuit he plays down, the part he least deals with publicly is :
    West Seneca's Successful Down Sizing Vote!
    (and how it relates to his lawsuit)

Why, well because we know he's against it, he has said as much. We know he likes to point to other issues - like government spending and such. We know he is of the Opposing Party to those who control West Seneca. We understand his friend Mr.Monopolus wanted to run for the Board and joined him in his lawsuit.

What was the part of the law suit that was denied, what would it have done and for who, why?

He now states he was trying to get a "determination on the effective date" of the implementation of the West Seneca Board Down Sizing. While that may sound innocent enough, its not a factual claim.

If he was successful in having the "Effective Date" held off/stalled, as he was trying to do! Then the only person who would have benefited was Mr.Monopolus - his partner in the lawsuit.

Why, because that would have held off the Boards Downsizing and allowed Mr.Monopolus to run for election next month(Nov.03). He is and was the only "Declared Candidate" for West Seneca's Board.

Now, he may use smoke and mirrors to hide his intent. He may only want to focus readers/voters on the "Good Stuff" - the things he deems important. He forgets to tell the whole story.

Politicians and their supporters love doing that. They purposely misdirect, like a magician who makes things disappear by distracting the audience. He omits the items/details that might not be seen as unselfish or self serving.

He preaches involvement in Local Government. He says those who don't follow his lead and go to Town Board Meetings, have no right to bitch. While many people agree in part - not everyone has that type interests or time. There are many, many ways to be involved or to be Politically/Community active. Number one is being a informed, active Voter.

Like many others in Politics, he says the correct things -but what of his actions?!?

Is trying to go back stage and stall or interfere with the downsizing "implementation date" a unselfish act??

Was it "For the People" that he was trying to quietly change or possibly undo what a legal Public Vote created???

Isn't it a bit disingenuous for him to act as though he was just trying to clear up the issue of the "Effective Date of Implementation" - when in fact he was trying to stall off or change the outcome of what taxpayers/Voters wanted!

He claimed I have a agenda, "I do" - its to reduce the size and cost of Local Government. Also to fight one party control. Its to expose "Political Groups" under any banner or affiliation that feed off of manipulating our tax dollars.

I support and have always supported Elected Officials based on what I have learned by watching their actions - not listening to speeches or reading Campaign Materials. Not by "Party Endorsements or Affiliation".

So to that end, I say to Party's, Politicians or Political Action Committees,

"Do better, or get out of the way."

Downsizing is real, it allows Voters/Taxpayers to Vote as one voice. It doesn't discriminate against Party Affiliation. Downsizing is a legal effective tool for change in tax fed Government.

Its a beginning!
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thumbs up representatives take sides

It's interesting to observe a voting process. Let's people decide sounds incouraging; however, when the people decide and vote for a decision makers who make rules and regulations for the "people" it becomes obvious that the representatives take sides.

Does the "let's people decide" starategy work in that case? Is it politically correct?

People in my opinion only,

seem to be afraid to think out side of the box. When they go to the polls they push that lever to a familiar name. Not about the issues or the person, just that "Oh I that person sounds familiar, I don't feel impacted negatively by that name, so I'll press the lever."

I wish people would listen more, but I think part of the problem is we tend to get confused by politics. We figure what difference will one vote make, the country is messed up anyways. Those are some of the non committal comments people will make.

People just are afraid of change too.

Thumbs up

They are afraid of unknown. Would you like to continue this topic?
    What do you expect?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    seem to be afraid to think out side of the box. When they go to the polls they push that lever to a familiar name. Not about the issues or the person, just that "Oh I that person sounds familiar, I don't feel impacted negatively by that name, so I'll press the lever."

I wish people would listen more, but I think part of the problem is we tend to get confused by politics. We figure what difference will one vote make, the country is messed up anyways. Those are some of the non committal comments people will make.

People just are afraid of change too.
    Why they vote for OBAMA then lol???

Thumbs up Change

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Why they vote for OBAMA then lol???
    Would you consider this a tough question?

I think people voted for him

because people hoped that the war would end, hoped that we would get out of the fiscal disaster, hoped that we could have HOPE.

I believe, only my opinion only, that two terms of one party~~then we need to change that party to create balance. Unfortunately, at this time the disaster requires someone of more experience and I believe politics are in trouble!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    You know the more I read certain peoples posts -

it becomes more evident - "Politics"

I first must say, many people appreciate "Activists" - many people applaud those who "Get Involved" - welcome honest open debate.

First let me say this about myself, I am now a registered Republican. I have been Politically active since Jack Kemp ran for office (I was a registered Democrat). I actively campaigned for Dennis Gorski, while I was a Republican. I am not stuck on "Party Lines," rather I view them as clubs, not a life style choice or religion.

I read Mr.DTwarrens messages and his "Press Release"
    Warren & Monolopolus' statement on Justice Siwek's decision

"Justice Siwek and her staff recognized the importance of the issue raised by the cause of action seeking a determination on the effective date of the measure adopted by the voters to reduce the number of town board members from four to two. Justice Siwek heard extensive oral argument on two occasions and along with her staff independently researched this issue prior to reaching a determination on this very important issue of first impression in this state."
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This paragraph(above), among other things he's posted bothers me the most.

The part of his recent lawsuit he plays down, the part he least deals with publicly is :
    West Seneca's Successful Down Sizing Vote!
    (and how it relates to his lawsuit)

Why, well because we know he's against it, he has said as much. We know he likes to point to other issues - like government spending and such. We know he is of the Opposing Party to those who control West Seneca. We understand his friend Mr.Monopolus wanted to run for the Board and joined him in his lawsuit.

What was the part of the law suit that was denied, what would it have done and for who, why?

He now states he was trying to get a "determination on the effective date" of the implementation of the West Seneca Board Down Sizing. While that may sound innocent enough, its not a factual claim.

If he was successful in having the "Effective Date" held off/stalled, as he was trying to do! Then the only person who would have benefited was Mr.Monopolus - his partner in the lawsuit.

Why, because that would have held off the Boards Downsizing and allowed Mr.Monopolus to run for election next month(Nov.03). He is and was the only "Declared Candidate" for West Seneca's Board.

Now, he may use smoke and mirrors to hide his intent. He may only want to focus readers/voters on the "Good Stuff" - the things he deems important. He forgets to tell the whole story.

Politicians and their supporters love doing that. They purposely misdirect, like a magician who makes things disappear by distracting the audience. He omits the items/details that might not be seen as unselfish or self serving.

He preaches involvement in Local Government. He says those who don't follow his lead and go to Town Board Meetings, have no right to bitch. While many people agree in part - not everyone has that type interests or time. There are many, many ways to be involved or to be Politically/Community active. Number one is being a informed, active Voter.

Like many others in Politics, he says the correct things -but what of his actions?!?

Is trying to go back stage and stall or interfere with the downsizing "implementation date" a unselfish act??

Was it "For the People" that he was trying to quietly change or possibly undo what a legal Public Vote created???

Isn't it a bit disingenuous for him to act as though he was just trying to clear up the issue of the "Effective Date of Implementation" - when in fact he was trying to stall off or change the outcome of what taxpayers/Voters wanted!

He claimed I have a agenda, "I do" - its to reduce the size and cost of Local Government. Also to fight one party control. Its to expose "Political Groups" under any banner or affiliation that feed off of manipulating our tax dollars.

I support and have always supported Elected Officials based on what I have learned by watching their actions - not listening to speeches or reading Campaign Materials. Not by "Party Endorsements or Affiliation".

So to that end, I say to Party's, Politicians or Political Action Committees,

"Do better, or get out of the way."

Downsizing is real, it allows Voters/Taxpayers to Vote as one voice. It doesn't discriminate against Party Affiliation. Downsizing is a legal effective tool for change in tax fed Government.

Its a beginning!
    Everyone has a voice and a vote - some choose one or the other - some choose neither. Speaches insight emotion - Change is caused by one thing - ACTION!
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thread Information