Thread: Lancaster Central School Election Results

Lancaster Central School Election Results

Proposition 1 – Budget, $99.94 million
    Yes - 3588
    No - 1663

Proposition 2 – Capital Campaign, $57.3 million
    Yes - 3661
    No - 1559

Proposition 3 – Bus purchase using transportation reserve, $946,496 to purchase eight 65-passenger replacement buses
    Yes - 3974
    No - 1245

Board of Education
    A – DellaNeve - 1890
    B – Buchert (i) - 1614
    C – Nowak (i) - 1734
    D – Christopher - 2308
    E – Depczynski - 1971

Thanks for posting the results. Some of my observations: 1.) I'm glad the community overwhelmingly passed the propositions! It shows that no matter where we individually stand on the issues, we can at least agree on moving education forward. 2.) The community has spoken and has said they didn't like the way the mascot fiasco was handled. I'm not saying the name was racist or not, the issue could have been handled better. 3.) I didn't read anything in the paper where Dr. Vallely congratulated the new board members. Grow up, Mike. They are going to be deciding your future! 4.) Congratulations to Ken Graber for speaking to each new board member as reported in the paper. You appear to at least be willing to work with them. But, I don't think the community has much confidence in the superintendent as you indicated. 5.) And then we have Marie MacKay. The paper reported her usual brash comments. Instead of extending an olive branch, she chose to get confrontational. I have a feeling you'll face defeat next time you run. In fact, why don't you save us all the trouble and either A.) announce you will no longer run for the board or B.) resign today. 6.) Ms. Nowak certainly wasn't gracious in defeat as indicated by her comments in the newspaper. 7.) Ms. Buchert was crying as reported in the paper. Was she really surprised? 8.) I'm disappointed that Ms. Della Neve didn't get elected. 9.) Ms.Depcynski needs to get on the ball. Now that she has been elected, she needs to get her homework done on the issues. 10.) The message has been sent to the District Office and BOE that the community has had enough and wants to be included in the process from now on. Is anyone listening?? OK newcomers to the BOE. The ball is in your court. Let's see how you handle it now.

If you enjoy politics, you must admit, this election campaign supplied a thrill...

It certainly did!!! Who's term is up next year?

Quote Originally Posted by skoorbekim View Post
    If you enjoy politics, you must admit, this election campaign supplied a thrill...
    Or a chill

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseplease View Post
    Thanks for posting the results. Some of my observations: 1.) I'm glad the community overwhelmingly passed the propositions! It shows that no matter where we individually stand on the issues, we can at least agree on moving education forward. 2.) The community has spoken and has said they didn't like the way the mascot fiasco was handled. I'm not saying the name was racist or not, the issue could have been handled better. 3.) I didn't read anything in the paper where Dr. Vallely congratulated the new board members. Grow up, Mike. They are going to be deciding your future! 4.) Congratulations to Ken Graber for speaking to each new board member as reported in the paper. You appear to at least be willing to work with them. But, I don't think the community has much confidence in the superintendent as you indicated. 5.) And then we have Marie MacKay. The paper reported her usual brash comments. Instead of extending an olive branch, she chose to get confrontational. I have a feeling you'll face defeat next time you run. In fact, why don't you save us all the trouble and either A.) announce you will no longer run for the board or B.) resign today. 6.) Ms. Nowak certainly wasn't gracious in defeat as indicated by her comments in the newspaper. 7.) Ms. Buchert was crying as reported in the paper. Was she really surprised? 8.) I'm disappointed that Ms. Della Neve didn't get elected. 9.) Ms.Depcynski needs to get on the ball. Now that she has been elected, she needs to get her homework done on the issues. 10.) The message has been sent to the District Office and BOE that the community has had enough and wants to be included in the process from now on. Is anyone listening?? OK newcomers to the BOE. The ball is in your court. Let's see how you handle it now.
    Hopefully, the 2 racists don't use their bullying tactics to intimidate Graber and MacKay. You know, Depczynski has no problem trying to take someone outside if they are Native Americans with a child on their back. Who knows if she would abuse the elderly as in Graber and MacKay, as well?

Georgia L Schlager

It certainly did!!! Who's term is up next year?
    Graber and Gallagher...

Sad Day for Lancaster

Where have the 'skins enthusiasts been during other budget years? It takes this issue to draw them out of their worm holes...I thought Lancaster had better intellect than that... OK Newbies.. be ready to show transparency, have coffees, forums etc. Do your homework on the issues. Its your feet in the frying pan now...Lets see how many no votes they cast when roll call vote is made on the myriad of issues they vote on at board meetings. They say they aren't rubber stampers.. prove it! Lets see how they vote when a new teachers contract is about to be negotiated. Go get 'em tigers!! You've earned the right to be castigated by the community. After all, you said "you're listening"!!

Quote Originally Posted by walking tall View Post
    Where have the 'skins enthusiasts been during other budget years? It takes this issue to draw them out of their worm holes...I thought Lancaster had better intellect than that... OK Newbies.. be ready to show transparency, have coffees, forums etc. Do your homework on the issues. Its your feet in the frying pan now...Lets see how many no votes they cast when roll call vote is made on the myriad of issues they vote on at board meetings. They say they aren't rubber stampers.. prove it! Lets see how they vote when a new teachers contract is about to be negotiated. Go get 'em tigers!! You've earned the right to be castigated by the community. After all, you said "you're listening"!!
    "Skin enthusiasts" - that's funny; I think they should be called "skinheads" but your's is more polite.

Quote Originally Posted by walking tall View Post
    You nailed it!! I'm anxious to see how they handle themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Hopefully, the 2 racists don't use their bullying tactics to intimidate Graber and MacKay. You know, Depczynski has no problem trying to take someone outside if they are Native Americans with a child on their back. Who knows if she would abuse the elderly as in Graber and MacKay, as well?
    Could you give me specific quotes made by them to show their racism? I haven't heard any and I'm really curious why you label them as such. And, watch who you are referring to as "elderly." I think I'm the same age as Mr. Graber!!! LOL!!
    Last edited by commonsenseplease; May 20th, 2015 at 09:32 AM.

Graber and Gallagher...
    Thanks. It will be interesting to see if Mr. Graber runs again. He came up with the whole "I did a study and we are paying the new superintendent what comparable districts pay theirs." I'm very anxious for him to use the same logic when it comes to the teacher's contract. But, he may just bail and not confront it. I don't know much about Mr. Gallagher.

Could you give me specific quotes made by them to show their racism? I haven't heard any and I'm really curious why you label them as such. And, watch you you are referring to as "elderly." I think I'm the same age as Mr. Graber!!! LOL!!
    In their eyes, under their political stratagem, if you believe that Redskins is a name of honor you are a racist...

(((December 20... 1PM... Go Bills...)))

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Somehow I don't see those two being bullied!! They're pretty tough. I don't get your "take someone outside" comment???

In their eyes, under their political stratagem, if you believe that Redskins is a name of honor you are a racist...

(((December 20... 1PM... Go Bills...)))
    OK, then by your definition, the Native Americans who don't have a problem with it are also racists? Isn't there room for opinions on both sides? I still haven't made up my mind because I've heard one side speak at the meeting & yet have Native American friends who claim it is not a racist term. The board didn't allow for opposing views to be heard spoken by Native Americans. I'd be careful not to label people racists based on my own personal beliefs. There is the other side of the story to be heard before we get to that conclusion. Wouldn't you agree?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information