Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancaster IDA Information

Well this is a topic indeed!

In my opinion only~~an IDA if given, should be monitored, and not given for long term use. I believe an IDA's function initially is to lure businesses into a new town, state, whatever. It should not be used to maintain or used as a crutch continually. It eventually turns into a subsidized gift instead. Kind of like Welfare. So the business should be weenied off this IDA gift.

In continuation of monitoring, it should be noted that IDA's should be pulled if the business does not exist anymore. I believe there is an IDA at a vacant store front on Central Avenue that was brought up on Speakup/

Like all things, lack of monitoring things just go into a black hole until people like us address these things.

I am sure with KevinL's list it will make a ruccus!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Still came into erie county and I'm fine with that.

If I had a magic wand I think we should make Buffalo all of erie county even with the very poor to the rich all in the mix.

Remove all duplication of government jobs, all government jobs are just names on paychecks to me. I know they are people but in the end.. we are all social security numbers to the government and it goes both ways.
    I agree, at least Yahoo is in Erie County. I am upset due to reason they did not want to build in Lancaster: Lancaster Airport

Here's my objection to ALL IDA's. The Government sets a budgeted amount of money to be collected from property owners each year. Theoretically, property owners are assessed an equal rate to pay. In reality, IDA's give certain property owners a break on their "equal" portion, so they pay less. That means, the rest of us have to make up for the budgeted amount that those with IDA breaks don't have to pay.

In simple terms, the rest of us have to pay extra property taxes to make up for what entities with IDA tax breaks don't have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell View Post
    Here's my objection to ALL IDA's. The Government sets a budgeted amount of money to be collected from property owners each year. Theoretically, property owners are assessed an equal rate to pay. In reality, IDA's give certain property owners a break on their "equal" portion, so they pay less. That means, the rest of us have to make up for the budgeted amount that those with IDA breaks don't have to pay.

In simple terms, the rest of us have to pay extra property taxes to make up for what entities with IDA tax breaks don't have to pay.
    Just what we need, pay more property taxes to cover breaks others enjoy.

People,

to subsidize to me only means Welfare which we pay in our taxes check on the 5th line. All these programs start out with a great idea, but back to my original statement, if not monitored we have gross neglegence. Then it gets to be a way of life, and when used to such extent like Welfare how do we turn the faucet off? We can't too deep. Let's face it, we pay for it in our taxes. Some day we won't beable to manage and that day is getting very close.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    to subsidize to me only means Welfare which we pay in our taxes check on the 5th line. All these programs start out with a great idea, but back to my original statement, if not monitored we have gross neglegence. Then it gets to be a way of life, and when used to such extent like Welfare how do we turn the faucet off? We can't too deep. Let's face it, we pay for it in our taxes. Some day we won't beable to manage and that day is getting very close.
    What a lot of us who are fortunate don't realize is: for those less fortunate, that day has come. I live in a nice house, in a nice neighborhood, and am fortunate. Some of my good, hardworking, responsible neighbors are not so fortunate. For them, the day shortstuff is talking about has arrived.

residents pay for IDA - Politicians benefit

First, no Town Board Member should sit as head of the IDA. Theres a obvious conflict of interests involved.

Then we are told, "Re-assessments" level the playing field - Bull poop!

As was pointed out it only appears to, it actually shifts the tax burden to home owners.

This smoke screen is offered by the same Board Members who keep saying,"More homes help stabilize the cost of services."

Here's a advertising point from Bob Giza's IDA sight, "utilizing tax*exempt revenue bonds, include the ability to write off annual lease costs and the ability to secure a more favorable interest rate.
    Real property tax incentives are generous and require no negotiation.Please ask to review them with us.

I have never seen any brakes or incentives like these offered to "Prospective Home buyers"

Its a shell game played with tax dollars.
    Thanks to our Town Board Members: IDA tax breaks was used for the Lancaster Airport expansion - NO JOBS CREATED.Most property taxes forgiven.

IDA money was used for ColeCraft Building - NO JOBS CREATED - JOBS LOST PLANT CLOSED. NO Property taxes being paid.

So who's picking up the slack in property tax revenue for Lancaster - Lancaster Property owners.

Council Member Ruffino works for a Bank - would his bank offer tax free, low interest loans and then offer to pay the property taxes as well? NO

But those are the kinds of thing our Town Board Members do for "Supporters/Contributors/Developers."

GENERAL ELECTION
    November 3
    POLLS OPEN 6:00am-9:00pm Election Law §8-100 (1) (c), (2)
    Last edited by 4248; October 23rd, 2009 at 03:01 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Lancaster well overdue for change. I am excited and hope feed back we are getting from residents means they will get out & vote for Georgette & Jerry. Anyone read Lancaster Bee this week? Letters submitted from both sides of the fence. A few, however, written for support of Ruffino & Abraham sound like they were written by same person. Different signatures but thought process seemed too similar. Just an observation on my part.

The Bee is pathetic

The Bee is bought with yearly tax dollars from Town Hall and Lancaster's Democratic Committee.

Taxpayers/Voters, these people didn't just start playing this game last week. They have been manipulating Lancaster for a few generations, Politically and Economically.

The timing of those letters - the timing of their "Sacrifice Offer" to not accept the 2% pay raise.

The bee has a deadline , Pre-election deadline for articles and political letters. The Lan Dems know this. They have done the same thing every election cycle. Like the Reese articles just days before the primary - and the Bufnews article the day before the vote.

These people are desperate to keep their tax fed control. Its not about any one person - its about every tax funded job in Lancaster. The Lancaster Democratic Party Boss/Head of Parks - the Lancaster Highway Department/Democratic Committee - they control every tax funded Town Appointment.

Its their heritage - its their careers - their families in to Lancaster jobs from Parks to schools - from school programs to senior center - all controlled by one Committee.

This is why New York State is drowning in taxes -
    we support all these "Party Players."

Quote Originally Posted by 4248
    First, no Town Board Member should sit as head of the IDA. Theres a obvious conflict of interests involved.
    How is it a conflict?

PS Try to focus on answering the question, without insulting me.

Why isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    How is it a conflict?

PS Try to focus on answering the question, without insulting me.
    Theo - I love your tenacity. I had a pit bull just like you!

Anyway, When a Person/Politician accepts money/donations/Party Contributions or free meals - when a company donates items for fund raisers for this same local Politician.

Then, you have that same Elected Official sitting on a Board or being Chairman of such a Board - a board that can wave a magic wand to give you millions of dollars in tax breaks - arrange "Favorable Finance" - or as the IDA sight for Lancaster says, "Real property tax incentives are generous and require no negotiation."(Millions of dollars in tax breaks)

Do you not see a connection - do you actually think its all coincidental?

Please Theo - you are truly the ultimate defender of the "Status Quo" -
    I understand and thats not an insult!

When campaign funds are then also used by our presently elected officials for "Personal Use" - is there no hint of conflict?

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Theo - I love your tenacity. I had a pit bull just like you!

Anyway, When a Person/Politician accepts money/donations/Party Contributions or free meals - when a company donates items for fund raisers for this same local Politician.

Then, you have that same Elected Official sitting on a Board or being Chairman of such a Board - a board that can wave a magic wand to give you millions of dollars in tax breaks - arrange "Favorable Finance" - or as the IDA sight for Lancaster says, "Real property tax incentives are generous and require no negotiation."(Millions of dollars in tax breaks)

Do you not see a connection - do you actually think its all coincidental?

Please Theo - you are truly the ultimate defender of the "Status Quo" -
    I understand and thats not an insult!

When campaign funds are then also used by our presently elected officials for "Personal Use" - is there no hint of conflict?

Well, you proved that you are NOT able to answer a question without trying to insult me. You should try to leave those insults out of it.

Anyway, I don't see it as a conflict. You see IDA enhancements as a bad thing. I see them as a way to bring jobs to the area.
    So, I see nothing wrong with an elected official being involved with that.

The mods should move posts 27, 28 and 30 to its own thread.

Cause while it may be a legitimate topic, its taking away from any reasonable IDA discussion.

I agree

Theo, I agree totally. Start a new thread -"Zarbo's a bad man!"

or, "How long will the Lancaster Dems chase a old foe"
    But isnt that typical - run out of factual arguements -attack personally!

Well, this is truly a sad thing for

politics to get to such a level that people would go after someone. 4248 people have stated you are a good person. I believe you are. When you said you think you must have hit a nerve, holy s--- I think you did.

You see this simply discredits the ones of whom speak with forked tongue. Have a good day, and don't frett, why? Because the people of Lancaster (except a few) have HAD ENOUGH OF THIS stuff.

Keep your head high!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information