Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The run for supervisor is under way

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The run for supervisor is under way

Diane and Alice were both at our community meeting tonight. Both did a good job of presenting their respective topics without any politiking. Just straight forward presentations about information concerning matters within their respective jurisdictions. Very professional by both of them.

Jim also made a good presentation until he was asked if anything was progressing with the nursing home on Harlem. His response to the person who asked the question was "You should have asked Diane before she left, it is owned by her buddy..." And he repeated it a second time in response to a follow up comment by the person asking the question.

I bit my tongue because it wasn't the time or place for a disruption, but I was thinking "F*** you Jim, you are a council person as well - tell us what you are doing about the problem. Maybe you can have one of your buddies that stole our parks department lawn mowers to go over and cut the grass!" but I didn't want to stoop to his level of political dribble at our community meeting. I saw at least one other neighbor roll their eyes the second time he made the comment about Diane. He ended his otherwise good presentation on a bad note with that comment and I think my neighbors were as put off by it as I was.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That wasn't very nice of Jim. Why did Alice and Diane leave before Jim spoke? You would think they would like to hear what he had to say.

So what was the persons response to Jim's comment?

What is the very short story with the nursing home on Harlem? Is it a new build? Zoning change issue? What is the complaint?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    That wasn't very nice of Jim. Why did Alice and Diane leave before Jim spoke? You would think they would like to hear what he had to say.

So what was the persons response to Jim's comment?

What is the very short story with the nursing home on Harlem? Is it a new build? Zoning change issue? What is the complaint?
    Alice was still there. Diane said she had to attend another meeting. The nursing home is the one that is closed and boarded up. The person who asked the question just commented that something needs to be done because it is a blight on the whole neighborhood.

I realize that all three of them were there because of politics - that's fine...but they should leave politics out of their "informational" presentations and responses to questions, otherwise our meetings will turn into a SUWNY free for all debate. The focus of our meetings is on our neighborhoods rather than politics.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why is it closed and boarded up?

Is it a building that has outlived it's usefulness? Is it being left is disrepair? Do the people in that neighborhood realize that as people flee our town you are going to have vacant buildings?

I hear of new senior housing being built quite often. Even given IDA tax breaks.

What is the address? I would like to google map it.

Prince Rogowski has no idea whats going on in this Town. He is another that only knows anything when a camera is in his face. He is Useless to the taxpayers. I was in a Local Gin Mill in Sloan for Dinner over the weekend and several of the Patrons were saying that Prince Rogowski has lost their vote in his next election. Many people say he has forgot where he came from.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Diane and Alice were both at our community meeting tonight. Both did a good job of presenting their respective topics without any politiking. Just straight forward presentations about information concerning matters within their respective jurisdictions. Very professional by both of them.

Jim also made a good presentation until he was asked if anything was progressing with the nursing home on Harlem. His response to the person who asked the question was "You should have asked Diane before she left, it is owned by her buddy..." And he repeated it a second time in response to a follow up comment by the person asking the question.

I bit my tongue because it wasn't the time or place for a disruption, but I was thinking "F*** you Jim, you are a council person as well - tell us what you are doing about the problem. Maybe you can have one of your buddies that stole our parks department lawn mowers to go over and cut the grass!" but I didn't want to stoop to his level of political dribble at our community meeting. I saw at least one other neighbor roll their eyes the second time he made the comment about Diane. He ended his otherwise good presentation on a bad note with that comment and I think my neighbors were as put off by it as I was.

What a surprise

Originally posted by WNYresident:
    What is the address? I would like to google map it.

3600 HARLEM ROAD CHEEKTOWAGA, NY
    HLM Holdings LLC is the owner

The taxes are $35,219. in arrears.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    3600 HARLEM ROAD CHEEKTOWAGA, NY
    HLM Holdings LLC is the owner

The taxes are $35,219. in arrears.
    This place has been abandoned and boarded up for years. Rumor says it is loaded with mold. I have no idea if it's true. It is an eyesore and I wonder if the residents on Fontaine, the street behind the building, have any rodent issues.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Quote Originally Posted by OneEmerald View Post
    This place has been abandoned and boarded up for years. Rumor says it is loaded with mold. I have no idea if it's true. It is an eyesore and I wonder if the residents on Fontaine, the street behind the building, have any rodent issues.
    If that is the case, then why didn't Rogowski do something years ago? Hasn't he been on the board for almost 10 years? Why is he blaming Diane?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEmerald View Post

The area looks like responsible home owners.

I am going to assume there are no rodent issues because there is no food source in that building. Plus those homes are using the garbage totes that we paid for eliminating trash as a food source.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Prince Rogowski did forget where he came from and uses his polish name figuring he will get elected. He doesn't know what's going on in the town quiet honestly he has changed he figures he is gonna be a shoe in so why even care. I've been hearing all over town he is losing a ton of support from voters. Btw that was a terrible and ignorant response Jim to the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Towagan13 View Post
    Doesn't surprise me at all. Prince Rogowski did forget where he came from and uses his polish name figuring he will get elected. He doesn't know what's going on in the town quiet honestly he has changed he figures he is gonna be a shoe in so why even care. I've been hearing all over town he is losing a ton of support from voters. Btw that was a terrible and ignorant response Jim to the question.
    His Polish name? Does he have another one? Who does he think he is William Wilhelm...er Bill DiBlasio, who changed his name to make it more ethnic and politically attractive? And if he forgot where he came from someone should gently remind him. It's sad when someone begins to lose his memory. I was just talking about that very thing with someone from my hometown of... aaaa

Quote Originally Posted by CheektowagaFan View Post
    Prince Rogowski has no idea whats going on in this Town. He is another that only knows anything when a camera is in his face. He is Useless to the taxpayers. I was in a Local Gin Mill in Sloan for Dinner over the weekend and several of the Patrons were saying that Prince Rogowski has lost their vote in his next election. Many people say he has forgot where he came from.
    CF .. but the people of Cheektowaga keep voting him in for how many years now? useless
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Cheekman your right they do. I won't be giving prince Jim another vote for office again.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post

time and time again i keep hearing of rogoski putting down Diane and he always waits until Diane is not around. doesn't he realize this only makes him look bad and bring out his insecurities?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information