Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boycott Premier

Boycott Premier

Here's one of their recent contributions:

PREMIER GROUP
    3445 DELAWARE AVENUE
    KENMORE, NY 14217 1,000.00 26-FEB-09 SUPPORTERS OF ANTOINE M. THOMPSON 2009 July Periodic B State Senator 60 N/A N/A

Antoine never met a tax he didn't like.

On the boycott, see this page.

sorry....

best place to get coffee in town, plus a great liquor store next door...

I'm sure that Save a Lot contributed to Thompson. I'll boycott them instead.
    The truth from a troll is still the truth.

Boycott Wegmans too! Danny wants all the eggs in his basket and is lobbying Albany to allow wine sales in supermarkets.
    We can't allow this ruling to pass because it will put our wine industry in NYS at too much risk. Most of the wineries are against supermarket wine because in most cases, supermarkets will stock mostly cheap, imported (or out of state) product that will undermine the wine industry. It will also put the already struggling wine & liquor shops out of business. If that happens, where are you gonna get your Gin?
    GO GREEN ... plant a garden!

I think there is a little more to the story. That donation was closer to the Bigger Bottle Bill Legislation. I can't see Premier giving money to dumb asses like ******* Thompson and no other Senator. Thompson also got a donation from Joel Giambra. He also loves to get his parties catered by Olivers.

Premier got into financial trouble a number of yrs ago in their expansion on transit rd. They got bought out by Southern Wine & Spirits of America which are one of the biggests liquor distribution companies in the USA. They have offices on Young rd near BJ wholesale.

The Liquor industry( especially the distributors) had a problem with NYS Bigger Bottle Bill. They wanted to continue to keep all the unclaimed nickel deposits. In addition, they were worried about a bottle deposit on wine bottles and spirits and the mandated expense of bottle returns they had to deal with.

Thompson is the so called Chair of the Senate Environmental Conservation. Why, I don't know . I think his degree is in the history of Uganda..
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

Another self-serving whine from the King of Hypocracy!

Your regard for "free speech" like your slave-owning hero, Thomas Jefferson's, is only in the abstract or when the "speech" meets your criteria! ROTFLMAO.

You were the one screaming about how "the Left" was trying to squelch Baurle's "right" to advocate rebellion and other such crap when some group or other proposed a boycott of his advertisers. You even started a thread about it.

Then, you and your Tea Party pals proposed a boycott of the Buffalo News in order to influence their endorsements. Again, your special interest group tries to silence the right of a business to "free speech", but that's okay.

Now we have yet another instance of your trying to stifle the right of a business to "free speech" via a proposed boycott because of its contribution to a political candidate you don't like.

Libertarianism means self-ownership. So the slavery comment is asinine.

I have no problem with Premier Wines speaking. It's the buying of politicians I object to. No contradiction.

You see I don’t have a problem with small groups of ordinary citizens that can pull the level in a voting booth who got together for a cause like these referendums. . I do have a problem with corporations and large organizations like unions giving money to politicians who lobby to buy off politicians. Corporations can’t vote but the politicians will pick up the phone for them.

In my other post, the liquor distributors prevent free trade. The wholesalers control the distribution of liquor. They decide whose wine they will distribute not the small wineries. Wineries are very limited to avenues of distribution. They can’t sell across state lines for free interstate commerce. Recently, The Supreme Court stated they can sell but each one has to get a license for each state. They can’t just sell over the Internet either for many reasons- taxes, agreements etc. The lobbyist’s corporations are protecting their interests.

I mentioned Joel Giambra because he is now part of Park Strategies. http://www.parkstrategies.com D’Amato was a former Senator that was involved in many borderline gray areas. http://www.nytimes.com/1989/11/11/ny...pagewanted=all These people in this article worked in Giambra’s administration. His company is in currently involved in Senator Gillibrand’s campaign, Patersons and Cuomos. On the other hand Joel Giambra is involved in Lazios campaign. They win no matter what. They have a big influence in our state politics.

I see you point Linda. JO sometimes makes it ambigious. Buerle is a jerk but everyone in their group have voices and votes like KevinGaughan’s group too. I am happy that the average Joe is trying is at least make a difference although I may not agree with their arguments or motives.. I prefer them instead of any money lobbyists any day..

I strive for the need for more disclosures on the internet from sites like seethroughny.com, so I can connect the dots to these lobbyists that are strangling our political system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski View Post
    I have no problem with Premier Wines speaking. It's the buying of politicians I object to. No contradiction.
    First day in America?

Quote Originally Posted by blockclubof1 View Post
    Boycott Wegmans too! Danny wants all the eggs in his basket and is lobbying Albany to allow wine sales in supermarkets.
    Do you really think Wegman's will put THAT much space into wine? I've seen wine sold in supermarkets in other states. The space alotted in these stores are minimal and not comparable to the space alotted in wine stores. The other states' wine stores thrive because of variety. They have variety because they have space.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by blockclubof1 View Post
    We can't allow this ruling to pass because it will put our wine industry in NYS at too much risk. Most of the wineries are against supermarket wine because in most cases, supermarkets will stock mostly cheap, imported (or out of state) product that will undermine the wine industry. It will also put the already struggling wine & liquor shops out of business. If that happens, where are you gonna get your Gin?
    Yeah ittl put them out of business. remember Consumers Beverages? They used to sell Beer and stuff until the supermarkets got in that business

I have to agree that the change in the wine law that supermarkets are trying to pass is wrong.

Liquor stores, unlike, say, Beverage stores, are very restricted in what they can sell. The State has given them a license, and said "look, you can sell wine and liquor, but very little else." Once you let supermarkets sell wine (without having all the other restrictions placed on them,) you're screwing the liquor store owners.

It's simply not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by yokes View Post
    Yeah ittl put them out of business. remember Consumers Beverages? They used to sell Beer and stuff until the supermarkets got in that business

Well, it will hurt the liquor stores but will give an opportunity to the wineries to sell more.

I remember all the bakeries and coffee shops like Mister Donut. Places like McDonalds didn't open their doors until 11:00 am. Tops started a bakery and coffee and Pizza. Tim Horton was in Chapter 11 and so did Montanas bread etc. They all went out of business or they had to reinvent themselves. Panera bread is in town and Tim Hortons is now striving,Spot,and Starbucks etc. What about the Pizza franchises? They just opened a Coffee Culture on Sheridan (never been there). Mconalds stated they are going to compete with Starbucks. The market will dictate

OK you have me confused here. You claim that Southern bought the Premier store on Delaware Avenue? I didn;t think that state law allowed a liquor distributor (Southern) to also sell liquor through a retail operation (Premier). Maybe you can straighten that out for me.
    Also, why would Premier (or Southern as you state) give a **** about the bottle bill when they sell liquor, not beer?
    And once again Jim, I'll be checking the reports to see who contributes to the Tea Party endorsed candidates so I can boycott them. I'm sure it will be a distinguished list.
    Quote Originally Posted by PickOranges View Post
    I think there is a little more to the story. That donation was closer to the Bigger Bottle Bill Legislation. I can't see Premier giving money to dumb asses like ******* Thompson and no other Senator. Thompson also got a donation from Joel Giambra. He also loves to get his parties catered by Olivers.

Premier got into financial trouble a number of yrs ago in their expansion on transit rd. They got bought out by Southern Wine & Spirits of America which are one of the biggests liquor distribution companies in the USA. They have offices on Young rd near BJ wholesale.

The Liquor industry( especially the distributors) had a problem with NYS Bigger Bottle Bill. They wanted to continue to keep all the unclaimed nickel deposits. In addition, they were worried about a bottle deposit on wine bottles and spirits and the mandated expense of bottle returns they had to deal with.

Thompson is the so called Chair of the Senate Environmental Conservation. Why, I don't know . I think his degree is in the history of Uganda..
    Fully stimulated...

Quote Originally Posted by knowsitall View Post
    OK you have me confused here. You claim that Southern bought the Premier store on Delaware Avenue? I didn;t think that state law allowed a liquor distributor (Southern) to also sell liquor through a retail operation (Premier). Maybe you can straighten that out for me.
    Also, why would Premier (or Southern as you state) give a **** about the bottle bill when they sell liquor, not beer?

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-123212297.html

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2...6-14340362_ITM

You should call up Thompson and ask him why did he take money from Premier and Joel Giambra? and his reasoning..

Premier and Giambra are not and do not live in his district.

Fully stimulated...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information