Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

Holy crap but hell just froze over and pigs flew...

I agree with nogods.

I'm sorry but salaries/bene's can not be forever increasing based on time alone. I understand people who work for us have families and such but you get to a point that they need to realize tax payers also have families and such.
================================================== ==============

Saveus responded:

As a home owner in Cheektowaga I do not feel I get 5000+ (property taxes) worth of services to live in my home.
Now compound interest the difference with what reasonable taxes would be over thirty years and see how much you could have had...
You will be sick. People that have left NY have found they have police protection, fire service, educated kids, and sanitation. This is the reason there are gluts of unemployed education majors that have to go out of NY to find a job.

This is also the reason why Detroit, and soon Chicago will go bankrupt because of unsustainable pension and employment benefits to the public sector. Fortunately our pension system is pretty secure in NY, but look what that cost you over 20-30 years.....Was that worth it to you, the non government employee?

The problem is that there is no correlation with median family income, household savings, raises, and household net worth with the public sector pay and benefit increases, ,it's like they operate in outerspace half the time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WNY resident responded:
Tell me about it.

Just think if you took 2500 a year off that 5000 amount.

2500 a year more into your IRA over 40 years = $100,000 not counting interest.